A thank you letter to Steve

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Jenn Pix

A thank you letter to Steve

#1 Post by Jenn Pix » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:53 pm

In hopes that Steve might see this...

I wish I had the words to tell you the impact you have had on me. The inspiration you have sparked in me. The strength to push through some of the hardest times in my life. The absolute bliss when I fall into your music. I wish I could put into words how I feel, in such a way that you'd really know...

And I want to thank you now, in particular, for that strength your music always gives me. Coz I'm gonna need it, now more than ever.
Last year, I was diagnosed with cancer. Went to the hospital for emergency surgery that took several months to fully recover from. After that surgery, in several follow ups and check ups, the doctors said I looked good, I was even told there was no evidence of cancer, I was clear! Hooray!
I needed a second surgery to reverse part of the first procedure, and that's when things went pear-shape.
They found some suspicious nodes. They saw a few little things they did not like. They sent these to be tested. And they came back as new cancer. :|
Now I'm facing chemotherapy (beginning on Valentine's Day, of all days), and more than just a little uncertainty. Cancer took my grandparents on dad's side. Then it took my dad, too. Here it comes, hunting me down, now, and I'm scared.

But your music, Steve, has given me calm when I'm nervous, given me strength when I'm feeling weak, and brings up my happiness when I feel like it's slipping away. You've helped me keep positive through a very scary time, and I am not sure how I'd get through this without your amazing music.
Thank you hardly feels like enough, but it's all I have.

I have had the joy of seeing you live, once. It's a night I'll never forget. I am hoping that I'll get to see you again, next time you wanna rock Atlanta!

Thank you so much. For everything. For the music that healed me when I suffered depression. For the music that keeps me from going there, now. For the music that will help me power through my upcoming chemo treatments. For the music and the energy and wonderful everything that I feel blessed to enjoy every day.
Thank you. Thank you so, so very much.

With much love and gratitude,
Jenn Pix

ruger9
Newcomer

Re: A thank you letter to Steve

#2 Post by ruger9 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:38 am

I wish this forum had a "like" button.

Good luck, Jenn. Prayers said for you. One of my best friends just went through ovarian cancer, and my mom just had a cancer scare (3 months later we found out it wasn't cancer).... another friend the same: a 3-month journey to finally discover it wasn't cancer.

I'm relatively new here, but have listened to Steve since his DLR days (actually since his Guitar Player "Soundpage" Blue Powder days), but I'm thinking of you, positive energy coming your way.

Jenn Pix

#3 Post by Jenn Pix » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:07 pm

ruger9 wrote:I wish this forum had a "like" button.

Good luck, Jenn. Prayers said for you. One of my best friends just went through ovarian cancer, and my mom just had a cancer scare (3 months later we found out it wasn't cancer).... another friend the same: a 3-month journey to finally discover it wasn't cancer.

I'm relatively new here, but have listened to Steve since his DLR days (actually since his Guitar Player "Soundpage" Blue Powder days), but I'm thinking of you, positive energy coming your way.
Oh, loving vibes to your friend... hope she's powering through, or has beaten that ovarian cancer.
So glad the others were not cancer. It's a beast, and no one should have to go through this.

I first got into Steve Vai in '91, Passion and Warfare, thanks to a good friend. Loved going back through his earlier stuff, and now of course, always looking forward to anything new.. :wink:

Appreciate the positive energy, it loops back to you, too. 8)

ruger9
Newcomer

#4 Post by ruger9 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:23 pm

She "beat it"... for now.... I guess 5 years is what everyone is waiting for... hers had metastasized, which in the case of ovarian cancer, is a 30% survival rate. But that's THREE in ten! Praying she's one of the 3.

You hang in there.