Login with a social network:

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:29 am 
Newcomer

HELP! Who can understand the all back-ground LYRICS of Steve's 'Sex & religion, 1993' album - "In My Dreams With You"? Especially before every choruses, and in fading outro, with multi background vocals (in every chanel L+R - it's different, with different words sung by Devin Townsend and Steve too). Please, who can help??? All google, booklet don't contain this stuff! Let me know!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVJh9xoHbzA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:23 pm 

Which part ? Give me the time in this clip of the part you want. min : Secs

I do remember seeing an interview on headbangers ball with Steve and Devon around 1993, (they were in England supporting Aerosmith if I remember rightly ?) and they said that they had to sing the whole song backwards for the video, and they sang it for the interviewer, backwards !! They replayed it backwards and it was bang on !!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:18 pm 
Newcomer

Hello! Please, the booklet/all google don't contain these parts! And I need your help with that lyrics (I'm from Slovenia, not English). So, the parts that nobody knows:
1. 1 min. 01 sec. (background vocals, between: "So my reality will have to come to me in my dreams"
& "I know that you belong to me every night")
2. from 1 min. 18 sec. to 1 min. 30 sec.
3. 2 min.18 sec. (background screem after "The weight of the world")
4. from 2 min. 33 sec. to 2 min. 49 sec. (background lyrics)
5. from 3 min. 55 sec. till the end. It's the MOST hardest part, becuase I can hear that it goes main chorus-vocals by Davin, and background vocals by Steve and by Devin too (and it's different in every chanell, L+R). So, you must use headphones to understand it right.

Please, try to figure it out, then I'm gonna put it to Devin Townsed Official forum, and darklyrics.com for all Steve Vai and Devin Townsed fans all over the world.

Good luck!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:48 am 

My friend,

I have replayed this song lots of times, most of the clips you describe are just Devin harmonising, for example at 1.01 Devin just sings "whoa, woah hoa".

The fade out vocals at the end are just a mix of Devin harmonizing again, probably multi layered chopped parts of many vocal tracks, singing things like "if I di - i-i-ie" etc. its just the chorus, to be honest it is probably a mix of many harmony parts, similar to some bands that "enhance" the sound with layered keyboards, vocals etc.

Here is the composer Michael Kamen, explaining how he enhanced "Nothing Else Matters" in the studio by adding harmonies underneath. From 2:00 onwards - You can do the same with vocal, which I think is what they did here with Devin. Studio mixed albums often have lots, even hundreds, of mixed tracks in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzjJ4UFnXkU

If anyone knows anything more though, I look forward to learning more !!