Happy Birthday Steve

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Jose Huevos
Newcomer

Happy Birthday Steve

#1 Post by Jose Huevos » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:46 am

Steve,

BEE happy and have an excellent birthday.

All the best...Jose

rodnjax
Newcomer

Re: Happy Birthday Steve

#2 Post by rodnjax » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:05 am

No better person on this planet do I wish so sincerely HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thank the Heavens above for Mr. Steve Vai.

We ain't "burning that shit" either!
Last edited by rodnjax on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jenn Pix

#3 Post by Jenn Pix » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:37 am

A very happy birthday to you, Steve!
Make it absolutely beautiful, sir.
I wish you the best. You deserve nothing less! 8)

Much love to you. Rock on! :headbang

NFBOfficial

#4 Post by NFBOfficial » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Happy birthday and keep rocking! :guitar :guitar

Rick Allen
Newcomer

#5 Post by Rick Allen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:43 pm

:guitar

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Dear Steve,
Happy Birthday to you!

:guitar

Vive le Rush

#6 Post by Vive le Rush » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Happy Birthday to my favorite guitarist!!!! :headbang :peace :guitar You are a magnificent musician and a genuinely wonderful person. :guitar :peace You deserve to enjoy a fabulous day, and I hope it ROCKS MASSIVELY!!!!! :guitar :headbang :guitar :peace

Pif

#7 Post by Pif » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:00 am

Hey Steve.

Some of your musical phrases will always feel like home to me, and will say things with more sincerity and nuance than any words could. Also JEMs almost play themselves, so there's that too. Also just release a raw and spontaneous guitar album already, cause fans are suppose to bicker and demand things. :)

In remembrance of the time during the PAW 25th gig when you scanned the audience with a long and intense look, like you were grateful and trying to take it all in for safekeeping, it's my turn to express gratitude and wish you a happy birthday.

StevieRayVai

#8 Post by StevieRayVai » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:20 am

Happy Birthday Mr. Vai!

I’m proud to say that I’ve been a fan finally for over a decade now. Chances are that I’d just ramble and say a whole bunch of stuff you’ve heard a million times already, so I’ll stop myself.....I just want to thank you for the amazing memories that you’ve given me through the years. You have such a huge heart, and have changed so many lives. There has never been a time at one of your shows through the years where I’ve not seen you show your deep appreciation for your fans, and not played your ass off.

I’ll leave you with my favorite example. Your last tour during intermission, I was in a line for the bathroom. There was a guy there with his girlfriend. She was in awe and said she has been complaining about having to come to see this show for months. She didn’t know anything about you, and didn’t even like rock music. By intermission, she was blown away and hysterical. She said that you already put on the best performance she’s seen of any musician ever, and that was just at intermission! Lol.

That just sums up everything about you. A true virtuoso who always challenges himself, and plays some of the most complicated songs in front of everyone. I’m so grateful to have ever discovered you, and the crazy part is that I honestly don’t even listen to progressive rock from anyone else. I always make a point of seeing you, and have traveled from WI to CA to see you twice.

This month, I’m moving to Orange, CA and hope to catch you at a few venues in the area. I’ll miss seeing you at the beautiful Pabst theater in Milwaukee, but fingers crossed, I’ll get to travel back there and catch you again for the next one.

Have a wonderful birthday Steve! Looking forward to what’s yet to come!

Johnflores
Newcomer

#9 Post by Johnflores » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:28 am

Happy birthday Steve !!! I hope all your wishes come true and you have an excellent day!!

mamacita_cara_k
Newcomer

#10 Post by mamacita_cara_k » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:24 am

Dear Mr. Vai,

I would just like to wish you a very happy birthday. Have a rockin' kick a$$ day.

:guitar :headbang