Is Steve a copycat

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
pcpassive
Newcomer

Is Steve a copycat

#1 Post by pcpassive » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:34 am

Hi, i like steve vai but too many times i hear him copying people like allan holdsworth , jeff beck, frank zappa to name a few. How many of you agree that steve is just a copycat?

Jenn Pix

Re: Is Steve a copycat

#2 Post by Jenn Pix » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:41 am

Influenced by, absolutely.
Copying? No.
Steve puts his own Spirit and unique turn in what he plays. I can hear the influence in certain pieces, but there's always more "Steve" in them than there is anything else. And then there are many more where it's all Steve.
I don't hear him being a "copycat", I hear the influence.

Santi Rigolizio

#3 Post by Santi Rigolizio » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:30 am

pcpassive wrote:Hi, i like steve vai but too many times i hear him copying people like allan holdsworth , jeff beck, frank zappa to name a few. How many of you agree that steve is just a copycat?
How old are you? 14? Everyone is influenced by someone else. You probably play guitar cos you come to this forum so you are influenced by Steve as well. But do you write what he writes?

bennyvx78

#4 Post by bennyvx78 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:44 am

There isn't an artist on this planet or universe for that matter, who's a complete original. Everybody got his or her idea's and inspiration from one place on another. Music isn't a reptitive pattern of sounds and whatever. You can bend it and twist and "look" at it from a diffrent perspective. But it al starts from some place......

Bryceybhoy

#5 Post by Bryceybhoy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:42 am

Has he returned to annoy us all again?

:evil:

kyle am I

#6 Post by kyle am I » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Are you kidding me

This is the stupidest thread/post/everything else in this forums history

Unless your somebody else. In which case welcome back (to my block list)

If your not- hi. This is a Steve Vai forum. Asking if Steve's a copycat on his own forum is an obvious move to get attention.

You got it. Hi. I recognize you. Were all watching and holding our breath for your next response.

Jenn Pix

#7 Post by Jenn Pix » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:30 pm

Kyle, I actually laughed out loud reading that!

orlandopunk
Banned

#8 Post by orlandopunk » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:43 am

you are all copycats because you want to know every last detail of his technique, gear, etc lol

kyle am I

#9 Post by kyle am I » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:03 am

orlandopunk wrote:you are all copycats because you want to know every last detail of his technique, gear, etc lol
*sarcasm bubbling*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH WOW THATS A GOOD ONE OMFG IM GOING TO DIE YOURE JUST TOO FUNNY WE CARE SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY

NOT

*sarcasm becomes less pronounced*

Is there a point in arguing this?

Wondering about Steve's gear is natural as fans who play guitar. I enjoy it. I don't copy what Steve has. Most people don't.

If the "Steve's guitars gear etc" is pissing you off for whatever reason that you felt the need to express your mindless, weak sauce insults, then don't spend your precious time reading it. You have MUCH better things to do obviously, since your opinions are so highly regarded by everyone. *sarcasm slowly arising again*

Go over to jemsite and talk about how we're all copycats because we like the Jem.

*sarcasm gone*

"Little kids buying ibanez Jem guitars and even worse using them in their bedrooms..." Get the f*** out. Nobody asked for your lame ass opinion, at least they're playing. You talk a lot, maybe you should go back to your gig because everyone is demanding your return.

I really like making these nasty replies. My responses should be "copy pastes" for when you want to insult someone.

As jeroen so kindly put it...

Bye.

Kyle

Jeries

#10 Post by Jeries » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:34 am

orlandopunk wrote:you are all copycats because you want to know every last detail of his technique, gear, etc lol
then bitch what are you here for?

First thing- I copied every fucking thing Steve Vai has ever done on guitar- I even tell him that. I don't hide it- Ironically - since I do alternative music/rock/pop music- most people haven't seen the things Vai has done- so it's new to them when I do it and blatantly steal from Vai.

And back to my point why are you here?

Let's look at your past posts...

"I know steve vai has some tremolo stoppers installed, does anyone know what brand or moderl are they?" Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:24 am

"Who did that plate cover for him?" Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:53 am

"where can i buy these pics with the picture of stev on it etc "

"can you explain whats a locking stud mod and what difference does it make what are its advantages?"

"does steve have the magnifier lenses or the black dots"

"so whats the exact color that vai uses ion the bad horsie guitar "

"whats the difference , i mean whats best? to get a VL212 - Legacy VL212 100W Combo which is like 1100 dollars or to get: VL100 - Legacy 100W All Tube Head"

why do you want to know all these "details" are you a copycat?

Then you spend the rest of the time bitching about how good gear is overpriced and expensive and then how shitty guitar players can still play better than you. (In so many words)

Oh and Vai is nothing like Satriani, and neither of them are Jeff Beck

shutthehellup copycat

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by Jeroen » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:56 am

orlandopunk
Banned

#12 Post by orlandopunk » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:49 am

Jeries wrote:

First thing- I copied every fucking thing Steve Vai has ever done on guitar- I even tell him that. I don't hide it- Ironically - since I do alternative music/rock/pop music- most people haven't seen the things Vai has done- so it's new to them when I do it and blatantly steal from Vai.

"I know steve vai has some tremolo stoppers installed, does anyone know what brand or moderl are they?" Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:24 am

"can you explain whats a locking stud mod and what difference does it make what are its advantages?"

"whats the difference , i mean whats best? to get a VL212 - Legacy VL212 100W Combo which is like 1100 dollars or to get: VL100 - Legacy 100W All Tube Head"

Then you spend the rest of the time bitching about how good gear is overpriced and expensive and then how shitty guitar players can still play better than you. (In so many words)

shutthehellup copycat

I used to be like you, and those posts are simply for curiosity, because I want to steal some of his add-ons, and add them on my ibanez prestige

Yes, many years ago, I wanted to copy vai to the last detail, but realized that is not best way to go

One thing, is stealing some parts, and implementing them on your guitar, and another is copying steve to the last details, including the masking tape, that is ridiculous

I'd rather have my own styles, and simply add a few add-ons from vai's gear, and be a little different, and not an exact copy of vai

R1FSR

#13 Post by R1FSR » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:45 am

Jeroen wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

made my fkn day man :lol:

kyle am I

#14 Post by kyle am I » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:15 am

orlandopunk wrote:
Jeries wrote:

shutthehellup copycat

I used to be like you, and those posts are simply for curiosity, because I want to steal some of his add-ons, and add them on my ibanez prestige

Yes, many years ago, I wanted to copy vai to the last detail, but realized that is not best way to go

One thing, is stealing some parts, and implementing them on your guitar, and another is copying steve to the last details, including the masking tape, that is ridiculous

I'd rather have my own styles, and simply add a few add-ons from vai's gear, and be a little different, and not an exact copy of vai

Wow cool. That's wonderful. I'm glad you came to a conclusion that you're satisfied with.

But we don't care. You've expressed your opinion already.

And it's not masking tape it's gaff tape. Get your misinformed facts right.

Thanks bæ

Edit- also, apply the ice. Jeroens usually right about this stuff.

orlandopunk
Banned

#15 Post by orlandopunk » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:28 am

kyle am I wrote:
Wow cool. That's wonderful. I'm glad you came to a conclusion that you're satisfied with.

But we don't care. You've expressed your opinion already.

And it's not masking tape it's gaff tape. Get your misinformed facts right.

Thanks bæ

Edit- also, apply the ice. Jeroens usually right about this stuff.
[/quote][/quote]

cool story bro