VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:48 pm 
Newcomer

... Steve, this is what you gotta do - get your song's onto Rocksmith first which will get you immediate access to a bajillion (yes that is a real number) new fan's on Xbox, PlayStation and PC who want to play guitar just like you (myself included... and since your concert in Melbourne, my wife too... but she wont practice without a jem77... sigh), then i recon your songs will get on the radio!

No harm in trying huh?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:28 am 
Newcomer

I read (or watched?) an interview with Steve and he said the same thing about him not getting his songs on the radio.

What about Steve's David Lee Roth and Whitesnake songs? What about 'Valley Girl'? I remember hearing some of these songs on the radio.

That being said, there are a ton of Steve's other songs that deserve radio play. Love Blood, Firewall, Little Alligator and many more.

I'm doing my part: I make my 13 and 16 year old sons listen to Steve when we are in the car. We especially like the unusual and funny songs: Little Green Men, When I Was a Little Boy, Ya Go Gak, Voodoo Acid (my favorite song of ALL time), The Reaper Rap, etc.

My 13 year old learned Shy Boy on bass so he could play with me. We are working on The Reaper right now. Amazing song!!!