VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bad horsie live?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:53 am 
Newcomer

Hi everyone. Is there anyone who knows when Bad horsie was included last on a Vai set list? I've been to the sol tour in Malmö, Sweden and I felt that only one thing could have improved the evening. Bad horsie. Has this tune been put out on pasture? I am going to the show in Uppsala, Sweden on the eighth of October and I can't help but hope for a shot at hearing it live.
Thank you for reading and best wishes.
Sven

Post subject: Re: Bad horsie live?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:56 am 

no, it's not in the set list. To my knowledge to last time bad horse was part of a vai set list it was the 2001 tour. Tbh, I don't think bad horse is really fit for the SOL tour. Bad horsie is a song that's humorous, and it's gotta be a really hard song to really perform with while interacting with the audience. The sol tour is a bit more of a "serious" tour, it's got comical elements but I think the only comical time musically for the show are the little grace periods where Steve interacts with the audience like at the end of whispering a prayer, when he kneels to the flirt and bites his strings. Also, the part of the show when Jeremy cones out with the beast II.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:20 am 

I dunno, I wouldn't consider "Bad Horsie" a humorous song...Yo Yo Gakk, Yai Yai or Ballerina,maybe, not Bad Horsie, which is one of his heaviest songs. It's probably more the fact that Steve always has one song in the set with the special, crazy outfit/ laser suit...he used to have it on for "Here I am", then "Bad Horsie", then "Midway Creatures", now he has it on for the "Ultra Zone".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:19 pm 

i find it very humorous. The whinnying horse whammy bar. After the sliding the melody.bad horsie is so lighthearted and simple, at least overdubbed wise, and it's fun and the heavy chug of the downtime and the name- bad horsie. And ballerina is in no way humorous to me at all...

On another note (no pun intended) almost all of the archives 3.5 various mysteries album is humerus, mostly all of it. Fire garden was definitely a more humorous record, passion and warfare not much, more like ninteys humor, like the audience is listening.
Prezidentman wrote:
I dunno, I wouldn't consider "Bad Horsie" a humorous song...Yo Yo Gakk, Yai Yai or Ballerina,maybe, not Bad Horsie, which is one of his heaviest songs. It's probably more the fact that Steve always has one song in the set with the special, crazy outfit/ laser suit...he used to have it on for "Here I am", then "Bad Horsie", then "Midway Creatures", now he has it on for the "Ultra Zone".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:35 pm 

I don't really consider bad horsie "humorous", but is definitely pretty heavy. it totally rocks. would love to see it live.