On Getting Things Done

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
sword

On Getting Things Done

#1 Post by sword » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:00 am

I recently decided to catch up with what Steve's been up to and found a great post in the "News" section of the website that was related to Steve's newest composition "Still Small Voice" from his "The Middle of Everywhere" orchestration project.

I noticed toward the end of the post Steve talked about his schedule for writing this piece: 20 hour days of intense work followed by 6-8 hrs of sleep, then wake up and do it all over again...for 6 straight weeks! :shock: It got me thinking. I'm at a point in my musical and business life where there are so many projects to tackle and so many things to do. So I was wondering what Steve's philosophy is on:

• - Personal/Business productivity
    - Overcoming procrastination
    - Maintaining focus
    - Delegating tasks
    - Eliminating unnecessary/time-consuming tasks
    - Tackling huge projects, etc.

I've been reading all sorts of great books on these subjects from all sorts of successful people, but everyone has opinions of their own and I figured one more couldn't hurt ... especially if it was from a man who's been able to "get things done" for as long as I've been a fan (The "Live In Astoria" DVD did take a while to get released, but I digress ;) ).

tommyd48

Re: On Getting Things Done

#2 Post by tommyd48 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:06 pm

interesting post ,I feel your question has allready been anwered by the way steve tackled that Track.

whats more I hope I never meet you in a dark ally with that guitar