VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Folks,

Today the next installments of the Naked Tracks, Volumes 6 & 7 have been released.
You can either download digitally or get the physical CD's.

To get them, visit the vai.com homepage, there are direct links for both.

Of course, once you have them, and went to town on those Naked Tracks, we'd love to hear your renditions in the self-promotion showcase section of this forum :)

If you run into ordering issues, please post here, and we'll sort it out.

Enjoy!

Jeroen :)
vai.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:33 am 
Newcomer

Has there ever been discussion of releasing instrumental versions of tracks with vocals?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

overthelotus wrote:
Has there ever been discussion of releasing instrumental versions of tracks with vocals?

I don't think so, not specific. But I can think of one example, Still My Bleeding Heart is turned instrumental on the Naked Tracks.

J

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:41 pm 

sounds cool ,though there is a way of ripping the solo from the origional track ,or can this be stoped I dont do it because im not that way inclined /
I wish more people would use the promo page because its great ,here we all are with our opinions I would love to see more fans posting Music here as this site was rockin before the launch of jemsite .At jemsite the music promo is huge there must be a way of getting this place buzzing again .Like jemsite seems to me to be a sight about the guitars that vai plays ,vai is the most mentioned player there .cmon J surely this site should be rockin more than jemsite .I like jemsite but its not as good as vais site used to be ,this place rocked and that was back when I was a real asshole and yet I still have on line friends today all over the world that I meet here ,shit sidetracked ,,sorry so I like to jive a bit ,,so what Im actually a Good bloke ,lov vais guitar work as I always have from the first time listening .
anyway im getting some new gear soon as my ancient gear fucked out ,gave up the ghost so ill be back in the promo before too long at least ,im better at originals I cant play one vai track on guitar not that ive ever tried but if I solo over one of vais naked tracks as you will hear it wont sound anything like vai ,,,because I am not vai but looking forward to a naked track or two in the not too distant future,...

rock on Tommy D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:54 pm 

Picked up the new Naked Tracks discs at a show on the weekend, great stuff... However the packaging points me to the Naked Tracks mini site for more info... there's no info for the new material there.

Is there an update on the way? The track by track run down offered for the previous collection is excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, there is an update underway. Steve is still working on writing the track details.
Once it's done, we'll post it.
J

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:27 am 

irrelivent question... On the tracks for the live recordings, certain songs have low levels of Steve's playing and some have really high levels. For example- the murder. For the first like minute of the so g (where he's making all the noises) it's as loud as if his lead guitar was never taken off. Was this unavoidable? Was Vai's guitar left in there on purpose for that part? Because then, when the whole solo thing that goes on for like five minutes all the way to the end you can't hear his guitar at all. I realize the mics are picking up all the sound in the room, and that's pretty unavoidable in such a live setting, but when the orchestra is lowest and Vai's guitar should be loudest, you can't hear the guitar at all, and when vai is being matched by the orchestra in volume his guitar level is really high.

For things like FTLOG I realize the guitar is loud and that the sound is being picked up by the other I struments mics.

On another note, I would have loved to see things like Taurus Bulba and the longer version of Building the church on this naked tracks release. Now THAT would have been really cool. I'm so glad that Now We Run was put in there, it's a really fun track just to jam over. I find it amazing that the way vai improvised it on the DVD can be so musical and really sound like it belonged there. When I see other videos of him playing it live (crappy I es from 2007 phones lol) his soloing is still good but nowhere as musical and "composed" as on the live version.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:14 pm 
Newcomer

Hi their Jeroen:
Thanks for looking into the Ebay Purchase that you turned back into a success after inital attempt gone arye of purchase for item listed below You are Truly a Scoolar and a Gent and the Oil Can to the Squeaky Wheel. Thanx again for keeping the Ball rolling regarding the purchase of Merchandise which is always a success when it directly through the http://www.Vai.com Merchandise Online store

Steve Vai: Naked Tracks: Volume 6 & 7
Item #231014645876

Last edited by eugene_martone on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry to hear.
I'm not Bandmerch (that's a company we hire for our webstore etc), but I will email Steve's management about this right now. I'll keep you posted.

J

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:24 am 
Newcomer

:D

Last edited by eugene_martone on Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,
Just a little update, I'll be checking with our label if there are any left, but regarding the physical CD's, there was a limited quantity made only. So once (and if) they are gone, there won't be any more.

I'll post back here when I know more.

J

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:25 pm 
Newcomer

One can tell this Volume is a Jem Because None are up for sale on the auction sites or elseware and now that you stated that a limited number of copies were made available this turns a Musicians tool into a gem that can be kept in the Jewl box till the true diamonds in the ruff are placed into circulation and then ready to meet the motherload which is currently housed as having 4 tennants with 2 temporary room/boxmate's with more to come and make it a full House when it's permenant Residents come to Party . Plus an added plus to that is that the Guitar Pick Set & Collectors tin are a perfect fit for in the Jewel box as well makes you wonder if there's a secret to the Tin as well as the secret's the Jewel Box Posses.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:35 pm 
Newcomer

sites for digital download of Naked tracks 6 & & are listed below:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/steve-vai/id465118

http://www.amazon.com/Naked-Tracks-Vol-Steve-Vai/dp/B00DJBR01Y

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Steve_Vai_Naked_Tracks_Vol_6%3Fid%3DBwvemtrnivmws...

Good for android and Apple related Devices

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:22 pm 

Volumes 6 and 7.... What volumes were the first set?! I think I missed a release somewhere. Unless that was volumes 1-5. It has 5 CDs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.vai.com/minisites/nakedtracks/