VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Story of crap
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:47 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:09 pm
Posts: 114
well I've bought the new album ,I've listened to it once and that was enough, yes it's good music but as for awesome kick ass axe work it's not , in fact it's far from it , why I bought was in the hope that he has found something new , but it's the same old drivell only worse than the last one he did , ill never buy another vai album as he is definitely passed it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:36 pm 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:19 pm
Posts: 830
Location: New Jersey
is this a cycle???
tommyd48 wrote:
well I've bought the new album ,I've listened to it once and that was enough, yes it's good music but as for awesome kick ass axe work it's not , in fact it's far from it , why I bought was in the hope that he has found something new , but it's the same old drivell only worse than the last one he did , ill never buy another vai album as he is definitely passed it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:19 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:34 am
Posts: 827
Location: Georgia -the Peach State.
I think maybe it is, in a way.
IIRC, it was... 7 or 8 months ago, he said something about schizophrenia and a change in his meds.

Now, it may be that this guy genuinely hates the new album, (to each his own...) and felt that the only way he could get his feeling across was to post a rather abrasive new thread. :roll: (Personally, I think he should have posted in one of the already existing review threads, but... whatever.)
Or it could be that he needs another shift in his meds. :| As I understand it, that can be tricky to get right, and you gotta stay on top of it. Coz what works for one patient won't necessarily work for another, AND what seems to work for a while can loose effectiveness as the chemistry adjusts. We can't know for sure, but it is possible.

But then, that's just me rambling. :? I could be waaaaay off. :o it has been know to happen, once or twice... :mrgreen:

kyle am I wrote:
is this a cycle???
tommyd48 wrote:
well I've bought the new album ,I've listened to it once and that was enough, yes it's good music but as for awesome kick ass axe work it's not , in fact it's far from it , why I bought was in the hope that he has found something new , but it's the same old drivell only worse than the last one he did , ill never buy another vai album as he is definitely passed it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:06 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:19 pm
Posts: 830
Location: New Jersey
ok ok ok ok. It's been like a year now that you've been on the board. You've liked Steve vai, hated him, then loved him again in an uncertain cycle. You've liked the story of light, then hated it, then loved it again, then hated it... If this is purely a result of schizophrenia, and I have no doubt that you honestly have it, how can WE on the board at least try to work WITH you instead of against you? You have to realize, when I come I this board and see some of the threads you've posted (the ones that you were at the time most affected by your condition) I think, we have all these people, hundreds each day, who are "guests" and are not a part of this board but can see all the threads and posts that we post. It's almost like a question and answer session in a small room with all of us there, inside, but the rooms walls are made of glass and there are microphones broadcasting our voice to thousands of people looking in standing outside. It's almost embarrassing to have the rest of the Vai public seeing these situations. Is there any way that you could sort of warn us, or an administrator, when there may be a "relapse" of your condition that will cause you to post like this? Or if you could even just warn everyone ahead of time. I understand it might not be mentally and physically possible to do, but if you could try it would make us all less hostile and will make this board function better. Nobody I'm sure wants the normal, mentally clear you to go away, it's just the shit posting not-so-clear-in-the-head you that we don't want around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:09 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:16 pm
Posts: 165
Location: reading,england
tommy,
your entitled to your opinion and thats fine but how and why you are even on this forum is a mystery to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:20 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:06 pm
Posts: 43
he he... my friend, that depends on what you're looking for:
If you're looking for a shred album then why are you buying Steve's album??? He never considered himself a shredder!!!
If you're looking for good songs and composition then this album is great!
But if you think the guitar work isn't difficult enough I suggest you try to learn and play some of the tracks on this album... Let me know how that goes ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:36 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:33 pm
Posts: 690
Location: London, UK
Not this again...I think it's best to just ignore these sorts of threads and wait for the moderators the close them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:49 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:19 pm
Posts: 830
Location: New Jersey
hes a schizophrenic, it's not entirely his fault. It's not completely fair to blame him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:06 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:09 pm
Posts: 114
well my meds are working fine for those that may think otherwise and yes I was a fan of vai but these days I think perhaps I'm over what he does .as for the one that thinks I should learn some of the songs, why would I do that ,I mean learn something I don't much like, dosnt make any sence .
As for Paul 123 I have been comming here since before 2000 and this place was alot of fun you could speak your mind and others would respect that ,and if not the debates were fun .in fact I have friends on my face book page I met here years ago that would agree that vai is getting boring . It happened to Clapton I think it's age that dose it to players or perhaps it's easier to play less put out an album thinking yeah it will sell because I'm vai,,,, well I wonder how many old fans like my self bought story of crap and feel ripped off.i know I do.
Oh why do I still come here ,well because , ,,,one day I will show mr Steve The Lord vai that I am a better player than he will ever be.
Stay tuned as this will happen its just a matter of time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 pm 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:19 pm
Posts: 830
Location: New Jersey
dude, ok, I tried to help you. Get your prescription zchecked. I was very calm very composed, I calmly explained it all. If you don't like Steve vai and you think he's crap GO AWAY. This is the Steve vai messageboard, how many FUCKING TINES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT. Your entitled to your opinion, but now saying your going to be better thn Steve- suck a fat one. actually, suck the paint off EVO's Gotoh tuners and eat her dirty gaffer tape. You will never be the fastest player alive, you will never be better than Steve vai, you will not ever be better that Jenn, or Paul, or seraphim, or Jeries, or jeroen, or Andy, or mikey, or oxcxd, or ANYONE. Get over yourself. You posted a thread apologizing for "posts past" saying about your condition and how you actually likes steve and his playing. Like I said, there are 20,000 vai.com members. All vai fans. You- 0. Steve vai-1 million Facebook likes, you- none. And gladly post me a link to your Facebook, because come on guys, don't you want to know what this guy looks like? This is the END. I posted a whole back that if you didn't like it to go away. And I've got a story for you.

Once there was a carpenter, and he build a door, AND THERE IT IS.
tommyd48 wrote:
well my meds are working fine for those that may think otherwise and yes I was a fan of vai but these days I think perhaps I'm over what he does .as for the one that thinks I should learn some of the songs, why would I do that ,I mean learn something I don't much like, dosnt make any sence .
As for Paul 123 I have been comming here since before 2000 and this place was alot of fun you could speak your mind and others would respect that ,and if not the debates were fun .in fact I have friends on my face book page I met here years ago that would agree that vai is getting boring . It happened to Clapton I think it's age that dose it to players or perhaps it's easier to play less put out an album thinking yeah it will sell because I'm vai,,,, well I wonder how many old fans like my self bought story of crap and feel ripped off.i know I do.
Oh why do I still come here ,well because , ,,,one day I will show mr Steve The Lord vai that I am a better player than he will ever be.
Stay tuned as this will happen its just a matter of time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:04 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:09 pm
Posts: 114
well i skip read that well written piece by kyle and got the drift that he may be a little confused, all i have done is express my opinion ,,
but i will say this world is full of opinions and i dont give a rats ass what or who thinks what really so when i express my opinion here i cant understand why certain people get ,,well confused i guess,,,[not that i really care]yes there are vai tunes i love but his last effort isnt me i think its arse really ,and if certain people dont like that ,,,you know not my problem but as you read you may learn something,,.
better go n take my meds,,,,,really


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:49 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:33 pm
Posts: 690
Location: London, UK
Perhaps if the thread wasn't called "Story of crap" (which is really very sofisticated and mature,btw)....people might actually take you and your opinions seriously.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:48 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:18 am
Posts: 1426
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
my only satisfaction in life comes from the fact that tommy is about 10,000 miles and a 20 hour flight from my house.

thank god


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:48 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:34 am
Posts: 827
Location: Georgia -the Peach State.
Prezidentman wrote:
Perhaps if the thread wasn't called "Story of crap" (which is really very sofisticated and mature,btw)....people might actually take you and your opinions seriously.

:headbang Aww Prez.!. You speak Truth... 8)

Honestly Tommy, with a title like this, it's like you wanted to stir up some trouble. Lively debate can be fun, yes. But a troll thread is a troll thread. You say that you're stating an opinion, but dude... you come off like a troll. (just sayin'...) Deliberately posting in a way that's gonna stir up other people's anger, not start up a fun and lively debate.
When you just spew out some venom about how you hate it, think it's boring, etc... you're not giving us a lot of options. What do you think could have been better? How could it have been more exciting to you? What would you have done, were it your album?


Oh, and Santi Rigolizio's suggestion to learn some of the tracks... I think that was to your implication that Vai's new stuff isn't innovative or challenging enough. *coz when you give descriptions like "drivell" and claim that the man has "passed it", you give the impression that you didn't find it challenging enough.*
But what sounds simple, you may find was more complex than you thought. And finding some subtle complexities might give you an appreciation for the work.


but again, this is just my own rambling. :wink: Do with it what you will...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Story of crap
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:11 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:19 pm
Posts: 830
Location: New Jersey
i think it's just time that an administrator from vai.com kicks me out, so I can no longer even have a choice to have to witness your bullshit, or they kick you out. The last thing this site needs is someone who can't control himself (yeah, kick either one of us out guys, or both, I honestly don't care anymore)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group