VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:54 pm 

Steve, just thinking of you and how BLESSED we are to have you and your wonderful, magnificent music in our lives!!!!!! Your music is truly a PRECIOUS GIFT to all of us!!!!!! Much love to you........and ROCK ON!!!!!! :guitar :peace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:48 am 

Kind of like an extension of the "Mojo" thread, but where one word just won't cut it, eh Vive.?. :wink:

Again, I think of how grateful I am to have Steve's music as a part of my life. Through some pretty turbulent times, through some dark places, music was something that kept me going, and Steve... you were huge in that!
Love to you forever, Steve.
And more gratitude than words can ever express... Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:41 am 

So well said, Jenn.........such a heartfelt expression of how Steve's music has blessed your life!!!!! 8) :peace :guitar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:28 am 

So inspiring...
It doesn't matter what I'm doing, or that I personally do not play guitar... Whatever I am doing... making jewelry, writing, or drawing... I always feel an extra spark when Steve's music is part of it.
...His playing has been directly responsible for a few poems Image and one of my favourite bracelets.

Hey Vive, I like this lil' thread you started! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:51 am 

Yes, Jenn......for sure!!!!! :D :peace :wink: Steve's music and positive motivation are so inspiring, as are beautiful thoughts and reflections like the ones you shared here!!!!!!! :guitar :peace Love and peace to you, my 'Vai friend'!!!!!!!!! XOXOXO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:12 am 

You know that feeling, in the midst of a deep-blue... When the questions start to mess with the mind... Feeling kind of on the edge of a depression (and that's a scary place to be...) It pretty much s*cks.

But then that song plays... You know the one, it's the one that you always turn up, the one that catches your ear every time, the one that gets into the brain, and you're glad to have it there... the one that makes you feel good, just knowing it even exists... that song.
When that song begins (yeah, a Steve Vai one for me.!.)... and you feel the swell of joy and hope and love and re-kindled wonder and anything and everything wonderful and beautiful and spectacular... Then you feel yourself so filled with it that you can't even contain it all, and your soul just explodes into a million-billion pieces of awesomeness...

...I like to call that a Vai-induced, Euphoric "Soul-gasm" :mrgreen:

yup. having a happy, right now. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:31 am 

Jenn Pix wrote:
You know that feeling, in the midst of a deep-blue... When the questions start to mess with the mind... Feeling kind of on the edge of a depression (and that's a scary place to be...) It pretty much s*cks.

But then that song plays... You know the one, it's the one that you always turn up, the one that catches your ear every time, the one that gets into the brain, and you're glad to have it there... the one that makes you feel good, just knowing it even exists... that song.
When that song begins (yeah, a Steve Vai one for me.!.)... and you feel the swell of joy and hope and love and re-kindled wonder and anything and everything wonderful and beautiful and spectacular... Then you feel yourself so filled with it that you can't even contain it all, and your soul just explodes into a million-billion pieces of awesomeness...

...I like to call that a Vai-induced, Euphoric "Soul-gasm" :mrgreen:

yup. having a happy, right now. 8)

Jenn.....your BEAUTIFUL thoughts written above, touch my heart and revive my joy, just as Steve's MAGICAL music delights and stimulates my passion for all things [that are] MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!! :guitar :peace

Jenn, thank you so much for sharing these heartfelt, inspiring thoughts!!!!!!!!!! :D :peace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:37 pm 

I like that someone mentioned not only his music but his "positive motivation." that has been one gift from him that has kept on giving to my life since the first time I heard him. he is such an inspiration. i am so happy that I have had the opportunity on more than one occasion to tell him face to face how much he means to me. What a guy!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:45 am 

There's something just so amazing about listening to the man speak. I've not yet had the pleasure of an EVO or something like that, to hear him speak, in person... but in interviews and in pieces like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atGBKuCJ-Jc&list=PLA818BA723C9E4BC5&index=19...
I don't just hear the words, but I swear I feel the energy of it all flooding my cells ...
"Motivation" is just the tip of the iceberg, here! Uplifting, inspiring, powerful stuff. Any time I'm feeling down on myself, or unsure of something, I can look back on Steve's interviews or events where he's spoken, and I feel the insecurities slide away!
Yes, I love his music. What he does is just mind-blowing awesome and gorgeous, Powerful and beautiful, and the greatest thing to happen to my ears ... ever! (*not to mention the "Astral Trippin' Dream-scapes" that makes for some of the coolest and greatest meditations and entertaining dreams!*)
But something about listening to him speak...
Well that's a whole other level of magical, right there.

And I adore him, for that, too. Another Vai-induced "Soul-gasm" :mrgreen: Image