Fire Strings

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
john gibson
Newcomer

Could anyone tell me when we`re going to hear the firestrings performance, any Vai fan would be desperate to hear this and, if possible see it as well, dvd or video
davester1234

steve has recorded it, and said that maybe one day, if we're real nice, he'll release it.
But he has so many projects right now that it really is on the backburner; or at least, on the shelf in the studio :)
chlamy

Would make an awsome bonus for the london DVD, though ...
Jakan

Hehe. That would be really niiiiiiiiiiiice.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I'll post a gallery of photos from the show soon - that should hold you over until steve decided when to release it ;)

- Mikey
vai.com
kettil

That post will hold me over until the page shows up :P
Jakan

I hope not but i think until Steve releases it we will need A LOT of photos.
Ricky Garcia

Would defenetly rock to see that soon!!
Kremlin
Newcomer

One of my brother's co-workers in Japan saw it. He said it did not sound like typical Vai (as he didn't write it) and was a little "unpleasant" at first but grew on him.

My girlfriend is also a music major at the University of Calgary and they were talking about the evolution of music. Her prof for that class is a lute player and he actually used Fire Strings as an example of music becoming so difficult that very few people can play it.
fyrie

I wish Steve would throw us a few short scraps just so we can know what it sounds like.
Corrado

I've heard "Fire Strings" and I think it's simply great... but be careful guys.... don't expect a "Vai thing".
it's COMPLETELY different from what we've heard from Steve!!!
absolutely different.
i'm sure that many Vai fans are not going to like it!!!!
but i like it :)

Corrado
Sam669

how come? where did you find clips?
atifman

i don't care if it don't sound like Vai's music, even if i don't like it, i'm just dying to hear what it sounds like!

i wanna hear why the piece was deemed "impossible to play", and how the guitar sounds with the 100 piece orchestra. i wanna see how if i can recognize Vai's playing nuances on a piece that he didn't write. I wanna see how the music "doesn't have a beat" and japanese classical music does sound interest me.

when i was reading his postcard i said "wow, i wish i was there" many times to myself
Sliver

would u guys rather have dvd or audio for this one??
i was just thinking about that. hmmm, id like both....and i want them NOW....why doesnt steve just release everything at once. We'll buy 'em...
Moderator777

Sorry peeps... nothing available as of now. Maybe someday Steve will release Firestrings to the public. Of course, Vai.com will be your 1st source for such info! ;)

--------------
Mahalo nui loa,

Moderator777
www.vai.com