VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:13 am 
Newcomer

Hey folks,

just curious if anybody knows if a show of "the story of light" tour is going to be released on dvd?
Has anybody seen professional cameras recording during a show?
Unfortunately I forgot Steve to ask during Evo in Vienna.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:28 am 

If i recall Steve said London was recorded
and so was Italy....not sure if he meant filmed though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:29 pm 

If I recall either, the Club Nokia in Los Angeles was filmed.
I check youtube clips from that concert and it's visible some cameras.
But, some cameras, and filming doesn't mean a live DVD, despite I would like to see some DVD of this tour. :guitar :headbang
Hope I've healped,

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:30 am 

Seraphim wrote:
If I recall either, the Club Nokia in Los Angeles was filmed.
I check youtube clips from that concert and it's visible some cameras.
But, some cameras, and filming doesn't mean a live DVD, despite I would like to see some DVD of this tour. :guitar :headbang
Hope I've healped,

Yeah, I think those cameras were there purely because the show was being streamed online...not shot for a dvd release.
I don't think any gig was shot with the intent to be released on a dvd, yet....I think we would have known about it...Steve would mention it on the site or at least at the gig itself and it would be apparent, usually there have to bee a lot of cameras for that... and from the reviews I've seen that hasn't happened.
But I'd say it's unlikely that there eventually wouldn't be a dvd from the SOL tour since it's been so long since the last tour.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:59 am 
Newcomer

Thank´s for your replys and the information!
I really do hope he will put one show on dvd sooner or later but i was also hoping for the RI tour.
I asked him during evo if he considers bringing out a dvd from RI tour especially the thing he made with the Evo attandences but he told me that he doubts publishing anything from that periode because the sounding and the picture varie so much from location to location which is not quite "viewable". On the other hand he said that´s just for now but who knows...

So let´s hope together at least for the current tour!

Regards

Julian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 am 

zoomania wrote:
told me that he doubts publishing anything from that periode because the sounding and the picture varie so much from location to location which is not quite "viewable".

That's Steve's perfectionism for ya!:) It's too bad, really...I'm sure the fans and especially those who participated in the whole thing would love to have the footage in some shape or form, even if not exactly HD quality. I'm sure the time it would take to put this together is a major issue, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:11 am 

Prezidentman wrote:
zoomania wrote:
told me that he doubts publishing anything from that periode because the sounding and the picture varie so much from location to location which is not quite "viewable".

That's Steve's perfectionism for ya!:) It's too bad, really...I'm sure the fans and especially those who participated in the whole thing would love to have the footage in some shape or form, even if not exactly HD quality. I'm sure the time it would take to put this together is a major issue, though.

Yes, I would love so see RI:2005 in any form. My own opinion about the solution to this issue, is making a rockumentary or something and use black and white scenes in the places that the lights wasn't cool at all. Well just an idea... That reminds me the 2012 tour, I took pictures from 4 concerts and the last one with the same camera and resolution got horrible pictures because of the lights... For that particular ones, maybe the black and white edition will solve that, or using cartoon edition :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:05 am 

if you checkout the start of building the church on youtube(chromeboys recording) from the hammersmith gig steve talks about what is being recorded.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:16 am 

A live DVD of the RI saga would be awesome indeed