VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Manchester Gig 07/12/12
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 am 
Newcomer

Hi,
Looking for the guy I met outside, waiting for the meet & greet on Friday. Your lady was coming down to gig later. Had more Jem's than you can shake a stick at :) I said I'd join the site, so here I am. Be great to hear your thoughts on the sound check, gig, etc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:11 pm 

Hi Rob

Good to hear from you buddy, it was an amazing day. I thought the Q+A was really cool and what a nice guy Steve is, plenty of time for everyone. The sound check was awesome as well as the couple of tracks and warm ups (it was soo cold in there early on eh) it was all fascinating to see, I loved the way he put the band through their paces on the naked track recording of ' For the love of God'!

My missus who paid for my Evo experience as a Christmas present came later to see the show and although an ardent Take That fan she is now a Steve Vai fan (eat your heart out Gary Barlow) she loved it. I was going to write a lot on the concert review section but they haven`t started the thread off yet.

My jem collection is on the photo section so try and check them out.

Glad you joined the site, its cool, its not often someone can say at my age (53) something was magical but it doesn`t get much better than that

keep posting buddy

Regards

Bob