VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Lemmy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:39 am 

The piece that Steve wtote about Lemmy was beautiful.

I was never fortunate enough to meet him. Whenever I hear the name Lemmy, my mind conjures the first time I saw him on tv in 1984, I was 9, the crazy show was The Young Ones.
I've linked the performance here:
https://youtu.be/YOAz4nPNvLI

RIP LEMMY :headbang

Post subject: Re: Lemmy
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:06 am 

His memorial service will be broadcasted on YouTube tonight in 5 hours and 23 minutes. It can be viewed here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSAXVdIj6jY

RIP LEMMY!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:54 am 

Thanks for the link StevieRayVai - I'd heard about the live stream in the week. I think it's a nice idea and works out at around 22:45 here, so will be able to watch some. I had a relative that got married in Las Vegas and sent us a link to watch a live stream of the event, so yeah why not a funeral too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:49 am 

I found some cool footage of Lemmy's Birthday with Steve in it! Go to :49 seconds into it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijBiZMeOKiQ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:12 pm 

Nice find - that looked like an awesome gig - what a lovely thing to have his friends and loved ones there to do what he loved.
Did you watch any of the memorial service? I watched all of it up to Dave Grohl (the feed started to screw up, but had been perfect up until then). I thought it was really lovely. Some parts were obviously sad, some really funny, some warming and some fascinating! I've been a fan of Metallica for years and never realised the relationship and impact that Lemmy had on Lars - just fantastic.
The story his son told about theirnfirst car journey alone together cracked me up :D
Thanks again for the link the other week, really appreciated it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:06 am 

I sure did! I was so bummed when the audio cut out. It was hilarious to see the reactions on twitter when it happened though, lol! I was shocked about Lars too. It's so crazy how Lemmy remembered him like that. Seemed like such an awesome guy. Crazy part is that I was just about to visit the Rainbow in Hollywood a week before he died. Wish I could have met him.

codnchips wrote:
Nice find - that looked like an awesome gig - what a lovely thing to have his friends and loved ones there to do what he loved.
Did you watch any of the memorial service? I watched all of it up to Dave Grohl (the feed started to screw up, but had been perfect up until then). I thought it was really lovely. Some parts were obviously sad, some really funny, some warming and some fascinating! I've been a fan of Metallica for years and never realised the relationship and impact that Lemmy had on Lars - just fantastic.
The story his son told about theirnfirst car journey alone together cracked me up :D
Thanks again for the link the other week, really appreciated it.