Login with a social network:

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:11 am 

So, Mr Vai has just scheduled a hand full of shows celebrating the 25th anniversary of Passion & Warfare.

Lucky me one show is only an hour and 20 minutes from my house. Let's go I say. Go to investigate the EVO Experience package and all looks great. Even comes with a ticket in the first 10 rows.

So I call the venue to check on if a minor can use the great ticket from the EVO Package...

Bummer is that if you are a minor under 21yrs, at this particular venue, you will be corralled off to the way far right of the stage in the minor section and can't use the great seat that the EVO Package came with!!! This needs to change!

Just wanted to take my two sons to the show in style, meet Steve, sit in great seats and watch a great show. They are much older now since they saw him live last time. They would appreciate it a lot more since they are both musicians now them selves.

Me and my boys were huddled over in the minor section last time he came near by 5 or 6 years back. It was a horrible spot to watch the show from. Way over crowded.

Now I probably won't even go at all. Just pop in a DVD and enjoy that front row TV seat one more time.

Venues need to do a better job handling how they sell beer and just open up all seating to minors.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:16 pm 

Well hey now. I will be buying tickets after all! St. Louis, Missouri USA Show On December 7, 2016.

5 teenagers and two adults. I'll be buying me and my youngest son the EVO Experience. I'll try to smuggle him down to the great seats that come with the package..lol Fingers crossed..?

I have a few questions for the site mod's, Jeroen, basically anybody that can answer between now and December 7th.

1. What time does the EVO Experience normally start in USA?

2. Can I bring 2 JEM guitars to get signed? ( then have time to get them back to the car before the show starts )

3. Have access to Jeremy to get a pair of drum sticks signed for my son? (he's a fantastic young drummer and hopes to meet him too) Why are his signature sticks not for sale anywhere? One can find a few references to them, but can't buy them anywhere as of September 22, 2016.

That's it for now. Hope someone can answer these questions...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1 Probably around 4 pm, but it depends on the show & venue, really.
2. Probably, but check with the venue first, so you can arrange a place to store them safely during the show or be allowed back in after you bring them to your car.
3. During EVO, ask the EVO Crew, or see if you can ask someone during soundcheck.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:42 am 

Thank you Jeroen! Good info..

I guess I'll need a back up plan to hand my guitars quickly out the door to another friend right after hopefully getting them signed. Then they can go off site and transfer them to yet another car and cover them up before parking to attend the show. Shell game for any one that happens to be watching..lol I don't trust anyone I don't know to hold or secure a few thousand dollars worth of guitars for me.. he he he.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:30 am 
Newcomer

guitars,

Although it is my understanding that venues and age limits are more subject to local and state laws, I am totally curious as to how your evening goes? I was at the Nashville show and did not see any sort of reluctance from Steve about signing guitars. Overall it was a very laid back and cool experience.

Seems like you have several moving parts to your plan, will be interesting to see if you can get them all working for you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:03 am 

Jeroen, Your advice was spot on! We were told to arrive at 3:45pm and the meet and greet started right at 4pm. It must have lasted to around 5:30pm. Probably as there were 30-35 people show up for the EVO Experience.

We asked the guy running the meet and greet to meet Jeremy. Right before sound check started he shouted up to him that a young man wanted to meet him and get some drum sticks signed. He quickly jumped off his drum kit and ran over to meet us. That made my sons night!

Sound check lasted until about 10-15 minutes before the doors opened to the public. Was cool to see the band goof off after individual instrument sound levels were checked. Bits of Queen tunes tossed in too. Steve even busted into Panama for a tiny bit for his guitar sound check. Then the band played a bunch of full Vai songs. That was awesome!

mykdude, all went great! I was able to get the two Jems I brought signed by Steve. No issues at all by him or the staff. Looks like it's expected even. Think there were 4 more that brought guitars in as well.

We were even allowed to leave and put them back in the car and jump the line to come right back in. Being there was a line outside and people saw us load the guitars back in my truck ( and I'm paranoid about thieves busting my window and snatching them ) I drove around the block and was able to park almost right in front of the venue under a great big st. light. The line was on the other side of the building so it appeared that I just drove off to them.

My night worked out Amazingly well.

The venue also quadrupled or more the area for the under 21yr crowd from the last Vai show in 2012. It was full for this show too. I was able to hold the front section of that for our group. EXCELLENT viewing section this time! Close too. Thanks to the venue for doing that!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:12 pm 
Newcomer

guys how much is the EVO experience ??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:03 am 

Gwenn, here in North America is was about $250 per person in addition to the show ticket price of about $30 each.

So well worth it too...