VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:56 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 522
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
A few months ago there were some contest at Favored Nations saying that they're giving away CDs every fortnight or something, I don't know what happened to that...? :(

The reason I didn't get my boxset through the website is because I don't have a credit card... :( So is there any other payment options for ordering online??

But please Mikey, can you promise me that you or Steve would send me the booklet? :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: troubles
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:48 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:10 pm
Posts: 278
Hey Mikey, do you have anything to do with the buying site for the 'Box?

I was filling out the online order form and noticed that the 'State' box only allows five characters, which is great for people in the US where state names are abbreviated to two letters, but for those of us outside the US where states become counties, like here in the UK, for example, we have many counties with names longer than five characters.

Sorry, it's the little things that bug me the most, but hey, if I'm spending $85 I want to be sure that when my purchase finally makes it across the Atlantic, it actually gets to me.

Also, the cards accepted - VISA/Mastercard/American Express - are those Credit card only, or could I use my VISA Debit Card? I sure hope so, because a lot of us want the Secret Jewel box and a lot of us don't have credit cards.

Cheers

Simon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:07 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:10 am
Posts: 37
Hi,

Sorry Mikey, i got confused. It wasnt that i read that all the cd's would be available outside of vai.com.

What i read was that most of the cd's would be available to buy outside of the box. (i.e you dont have to have the box to get the cd's), i misunderstood this to mean that i could get them from regular shops such as HMV.(As with the elusive light and sound).

Im looking forward to getting the next 2 for my box.

Sorry about the confusion :oops:

Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: troubles
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:12 am 
Offline
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:51 am
Posts: 4520
Location: Los Angeles, CA
962 wrote:
Hey Mikey, do you have anything to do with the buying site for the 'Box?

I was filling out the online order form and noticed that the 'State' box only allows five characters, which is great for people in the US where state names are abbreviated to two letters, but for those of us outside the US where states become counties, like here in the UK, for example, we have many counties with names longer than five characters.

Sorry, it's the little things that bug me the most, but hey, if I'm spending $85 I want to be sure that when my purchase finally makes it across the Atlantic, it actually gets to me.

Also, the cards accepted - VISA/Mastercard/American Express - are those Credit card only, or could I use my VISA Debit Card? I sure hope so, because a lot of us want the Secret Jewel box and a lot of us don't have credit cards.

Cheers

Simon


Hi Simon,

Thanks for your note.

The Vai.com Online Store is managed by Music Today - and they do online stores for many artists. I'm sorry about the "State" field - and I understand your frustration. I'm originally from Australia, so I know the things non-US residents are up against sometimes when they order online.

I can say that many non-US fans (particularly in the UK) have bought the box set without any problem, so perhaps that might re-assure you.

Regarding your Visa debit card: I think that given the fact that this card has the VISA mark on it, means that it can be used like a VISA. So you should be fine using that. If there was a problem with your order for any reason, Music Today would contact you.

I do have a suggestion if you're still concerned. Email merchandise@musictoday.com with the subject line "Steve Vai : Band Store" and address your concerns there. Music Today are very good at responding to customer concerns, and may alter their purchase forms based on international feedback.

For those who are interested in purchasing the Jewel Box and CDs and don't have a credit card: I'm going to look into a way we can cater to you. I can't make any promises, but I'll certainly do my best.

Thanks,

Mikey
vai.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:17 am 
Offline
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:51 am
Posts: 4520
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ibanezwizard wrote:
Hi,

Sorry Mikey, i got confused. It wasnt that i read that all the cd's would be available outside of vai.com.

What i read was that most of the cd's would be available to buy outside of the box. (i.e you dont have to have the box to get the cd's), i misunderstood this to mean that i could get them from regular shops such as HMV.(As with the elusive light and sound).

Im looking forward to getting the next 2 for my box.

Sorry about the confusion :oops:

Mark


Hi Mark,

No problem.

I created the new Jewel Box mini site in an effort to clear up some of the confusion.

If there's anything you see there that seems vague, please let me know so that I can clear up any misunderstanding :)

Obviously Steve wants to make it as easy as possible to get the box, and we're working to do that.

The feedback from the fans is invaluable to us so we can try to cater to everyone :)

All the best,

Mikey
vai.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: cool
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:57 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:10 pm
Posts: 278
Thanks Mikey.

I may well contact musictoday and tell them about the bad text field in their order form, although last time I mailed 'em they were decidedly unhelpful. You've obviously had more luck than me.

That would be great if you can sort out some support for non-credit-card customers! Give it a try!

Cheers again, as soon as I finish paying for my Carvin Legacy I'll order the Jewel Box. The mini-site is cool, by the way! 8)

Regards to all :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:33 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:22 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Mexico
hi, im hoping som mod can help me out.

ive read that its going to be possible to pre order the vols. 3 and 4 to the people who already own the box, so my question is, how are you going to know who is a owner? is it going to be with the name of the order? or the address or the credit card number? im asking this because i didnt put my name when i ordered the box, i put one of my friends', because i ordered it to his address since he lives in the US (and i dont even know if it was his name or his wife!), and i cant use that address anymore.
so ... is it going to be possible for me to preorder?
and .. if it isn't ... is it going to be possible for me to get the 100 page booklet? as im assuming that its going to be available to those who order all the cds

hope somebody can clear this out.

tnx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:25 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:40 pm
Posts: 1482
Location: vai.com
MEX wrote:
ive read that its going to be possible to pre order the vols. 3 and 4 to the people who already own the box, so my question is, how are you going to know who is a owner?


Would you please point us to where you read about this? Was it on Vai.com? The CD's will be available to order for all on 6/6/03.

--------------
Dêkuji,

Moderator777
www.vai.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:32 pm 
Offline
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:51 am
Posts: 4520
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hi there,

At this stage the pre-order for current box set owners has not been finalized. When it is, all box set owners who ordered through Vai.com will receive an email with the details.

In any case, the next archives CDs will be available to order through the Vai.com Store on June 6, 2003.

Hope that clears it up,

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:31 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:22 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Mexico
ok, sorry if i confused anyone, i just said what i read, i thought probably i read it wrong but http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=711&start=0 says that.

anyway, its ok if you decide you cant do a pre sale, just trying to get every fact clear since i dont want to miss any cds :D and the dates are coming fast

tnx[/url]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: yay
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:01 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:10 pm
Posts: 278
I ordered my Secret Jewel Box last night.........can't wait!

Got the mail from musictoday saying that the customer is responsible for all other taxes encurred on arrival.........I hope this doesn't mean DHL are gonna ask for loads more money, on top of the 20 dollar shipping fee. :?

If Steve ideally wants there to eventually be 12 'archives' records, what's he gonna do about the box, since you can only fit 10 discs in it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:34 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 1:27 am
Posts: 140
wow - are the offering it with the two new discs for the special price already? I can't see that in the store... I'm waiting until they do that so i get the box set and new discs all at once. Then I can immerse myself in the aural delights of vai... aaaaahhhhhhhhhh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:36 am 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:26 pm
Posts: 19
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Mikey wrote:
Hi there,

At this stage the pre-order for current box set owners has not been finalized. When it is, all box set owners who ordered through Vai.com will receive an email with the details.


What if our email has changed since we ordered the box set? Is there a way for the site to update our email so we can get the scoop on preordering?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:21 pm 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:45 pm
Posts: 265
Location: Upstate N.Y.
What "100 page booklet" ???? And what happened to the "Fool for your lovin no more" Vai Voltage Mix?? that was supposed to be on the next c.d.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:31 pm 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:23 pm
Posts: 3195
Location: Mooresville, NC
bob mac wrote:
What "100 page booklet" ???? And what happened to the "Fool for your lovin no more" Vai Voltage Mix?? that was supposed to be on the next c.d.


Well. there's Steve's wish list for what tracks should be on the CD's, and then there is the real list, after the lawyers have done all their "magic".
Publishing can be a b*tch, and that's all there's to it.
As for the booklet, I don't know how they would pull it all together, but the people with a complete box set would receive a 100 page booklet to go with the box.
As we are many years away from completion of the box, I guess there is plenty of time to figure out the logistical nightmare it's bound to be.
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group