The Official 'Secret Jewel Box' Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
redrook

Re: The Official 'Secret Jewel Box' Thread

#541 Post by redrook » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 am

Bryceybhoy wrote:Steve has a lot on his plate. The Box idea was a great idea at the time, but things have moved on as he probably can't finish the job to the original idea. I don't think it's worth getting mad over. I'd actually rather get a new studio album update!
That is simple apologetics. You act as if the box release was a favour. Sorry, but I paid for a product and this product has not been delivered. It is that simple. No amount of "lot on his plate" changes or excuses that. If I sell someone something and then simply choose to not deliver it because I'm doing other things (which I have also decided to do), I can't use being busy as a defense.

I'd actually rather have new jewel box releases than studio albums, but frankly what people would "rather" doesn't change any of the above.

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#542 Post by Jeroen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:59 am

There is news brewing.
J

Bryceybhoy

#543 Post by Bryceybhoy » Mon May 15, 2017 4:10 am

So, with the announcement of Modern Primitive going into the Jewel Box....can you explain how this works? Is this CD different to the release from a couple of months ago? Or am I simply now having to buy this for a second time?

Doesn't seem to add up? Can someone explain?

Prezidentman

#544 Post by Prezidentman » Mon May 15, 2017 10:48 am

It's the same content, just different packaging, no?

Bryceybhoy

#545 Post by Bryceybhoy » Wed May 17, 2017 1:04 am

Prezidentman wrote:It's the same content, just different packaging, no?
I seriously hope not, because that just seems like a massive rip-off. This box is a farce.

Rick Allen
Newcomer

#546 Post by Rick Allen » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Most Likely the same cd with different packaging. I'm fine with that, if it means Steve's at least going to finish what he started.

On a related note, I'm curious why there isn't any david Lee Roth stuff on there, He's said in interviews that they recorded a bunch of songs. I wonder if Dave didn't let him, or it would cost too much? I'm curious. It seems like it's missing an important period in his career.

redrook

#547 Post by redrook » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:12 am

Since I apparently have nothing better to do and cling helplessly to the hope that this box will be completed, I came across this

http://fullinbloom.com/steve-vai-to-rel ... jewel-box/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems to be the same as the recent release (which I have still not heard and remains unopened on my shelf because I was so irritated that it wasn't the SJB release) but I don't know. This article says it's been "modified" for the SJB. Will this release be widely available?

lespaulplus

#548 Post by lespaulplus » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:41 am

My first visit here in 10 years and nothing has changed.

I bought the box back in the day and always felt very disappointed about this.

I am not interested anymore.

bigd

#549 Post by bigd » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:04 pm

not been on this board for ages, so to keep my Jewel Box up to date i have to buy a cd i already have but because of postage and import tax it will cost me £50. I'm quite dissappointed, i'd buy it again for £10 - £15 but £50 WTF?

bigd

#550 Post by bigd » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:06 pm

redrook wrote:Since I apparently have nothing better to do and cling helplessly to the hope that this box will be completed, I came across this

http://fullinbloom.com/steve-vai-to-rel ... jewel-box/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems to be the same as the recent release (which I have still not heard and remains unopened on my shelf because I was so irritated that it wasn't the SJB release) but I don't know. This article says it's been "modified" for the SJB. Will this release be widely available?
Modified to say Jewel Box on the spine of the cd probably, maybe added liner notes

RangerOne
Newcomer

#551 Post by RangerOne » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:58 am

Ok, so there's finally a new release for our Jewel Boxes and I decide to wait until Monday to order the CD... and it's Sold Out? How many did they manufacture, 7?

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#552 Post by Jeroen » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:09 am

Slightly more than that, but I'll order a new batch for the webstore.

Bryceybhoy

#553 Post by Bryceybhoy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 am

Amazon is selling the CD for £56. Seriously, is this not a joke? That CD is almost half the price of the box. What the hell is going on?

bigd

#554 Post by bigd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Bryceybhoy wrote:Amazon is selling the CD for £56. Seriously, is this not a joke? That CD is almost half the price of the box. What the hell is going on?

it'll be nearly that from the webstore by the time you pay postage and import tax

Tony S

#555 Post by Tony S » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:17 am

Jeroen wrote:Slightly more than that, but I'll order a new batch for the webstore.
Please do, as I've only just seen the email I received 3 days ago, saying this is now available, only to find it listed as Sold Out in the webstore. Thanks.