Login with a social network:

It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:31 am 
Newcomer

[/quote]
The Vai: Piano Reductions Vol. 1 digipack has 'W/O' so it's following the word LIGHT.
I'd say we still need 4 CDs for HEAT.
I like the Piano Reductions packaging (digipack) a lot. though it doesn't fit with former releases..[/quote]

Thank you for the answer!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:44 am 
Newcomer

Tony S wrote:
ccristal wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked before...
How will vai.com know who has purchased all the CDs in the SJB, in order to send them the free booklet?
I mean... people can buy those CD from different retailers, can't they? How can vai.com keep track of who purchased what?

Thanks!

Maybe if and when the booklet is produced, it will be sent to all the original purchasers of the box itself ?

Hmm... that was ages ago. People may have changed addresses/email addresses since...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:02 am 

Jeroen wrote:
At this point there is movement. The next release is the Classified disk (Disk 7)., expected this summer.

Jeroen wrote:
There will be a separate disc with the appropriate artwork / letter on the spine later this year.

This is great news if true, but the full box was supposed to have been released years ago. Great that it's released though - do all copies have the appropriate lettering on the spine?

And when will the remaining two releases (3 discs) be available. Some of us have been waiting well over a decade for this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:54 am 
Newcomer

ccristal wrote:
Tony S wrote:
ccristal wrote:
How will vai.com know who has purchased all the CDs in the SJB, in order to send them the free booklet?
I mean... people can buy those CD from different retailers, can't they? How can vai.com keep track of who purchased what?

Thanks!

Maybe if and when the booklet is produced, it will be sent to all the original purchasers of the box itself ?

Hmm... that was ages ago. People may have changed addresses/email addresses since...

I agree with ccristal. For example, I bought this Secret Jewel Box together with the six CDs on Ebay. And I bought the last album also on Ebay. Will I get in this case the free book?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:37 am 

ccristal wrote:
Tony S wrote:
ccristal wrote:

Thanks!

I agree. That is true, so I don't really know how they are going to do it (if it happens), but I'd imagine it would only be people who bought the Secret Jewel Box via the official website who would get it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:45 am 

arainbow wrote:

I agree with ccristal. For example, I bought this Secret Jewel Box together with the six CDs on Ebay. And I bought the last album also on Ebay. Will I get in this case the free book?

Well, I can't say for sure, but I would have thought it would be original purchasers of the box and cds from the official sources who would qualify for the free book. After all, you have purchased a 2nd hand copy of half the collection. Normally when you buy something 2nd hand, you don't expect to get any additional benefits that come with buying new. Though I can fully understand you wanting it. Here's a quote from the original page about the Secret Jewel Box;

"The 100-page booklet will be sent out after the last CD is produced to those who have collected all the CDs within the box."

http://www.vai.com/minisites/boxset/about.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:46 am 

Tony S wrote:
arainbow wrote:

Well, I can't say for sure, but I would have thought it would be original purchasers of the box and cds from the official sources who would qualify for the free book. After all, you have purchased a 2nd hand copy of half the collection. Normally when you buy something 2nd hand, you don't expect to get any additional benefits that come with buying new. Though I can fully understand you wanting it. Here's a quote from the original page about the Secret Jewel Box;

"The 100-page booklet will be sent out after the last CD is produced to those who have collected all the CDs within the box."

http://www.vai.com/minisites/boxset/about.html

Lol, I wouldn't worry about it. It'll never be released, and if it does, at this rate it'll be long after we're dead!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:57 pm 

Any word on the jewel box release for Modern Primitive yet?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:46 am 

Bumping. When's the Jewel Box MP release and where to buy?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Waiting for an answer from management, as soon as I hear something, I'll post here.
J

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

From Steve:

Not yet. Perhaps mid next year.
s

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:52 pm 
Newcomer

Secret Jewel Box

Dear whoever is left still following this production...

I like many others was excited when this release was announced, having something that was special and encompassing different aspects of an amazing artists career. So I like many others jumped in and purchased the boxset (and with shipping at the time was quite expensive, well to get it to me in Australia anyway)

Over the next short time there were the releases in succession planned for the boxset, and we had hope that this was going to be something special for all to keep.

Then there were delays, I followed as the rumours swirled that is was a licensing issue with a particular release, I heard that it was costing Steve Vai money and that he wasn't making a profit. All valid reasons but mostly heresy and rumour.

As time progressed things did not, other albums, other projects took precedence and this seemed to have been banished to the ether. Not that I mind, that happens and I'm ok with that. What I would have liked is some kind of announcement, some communication as to where this project was at, even if it was never going to be completed. Now I check maybe 2 times a year, and yes it has come to that waiting in years, a one post forum to see if maybe there has been movement to any degree or even just a statement of some kind.

On the above said forum in just the recent time (2016 at least) there has been a post that Modern Primitive is to be the 7th release for this boxset, the same Modern Primitive released with Passion & Warfare reissue. This to me seems a bit of an afterthought in some attempt to somehow squeeze out the last releases to this boxset to have it completed in some fashion. Certainly not the special collectors exclusive "lucky to have" item it seemed to be in its inception.

I don't honestly know if this will ever be completed, maybe we will get surprised and be landed with 3 data bluray discs with as much Vai audio that it will take a lifetime to listen to, rarities, live tracks, snippets. Well a person can only hope. Maybe all I care for is just some kind of official statement on this, either way...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:46 am 

Code-Anticode wrote:
Secret Jewel Box

Dear whoever is left still following this production...

I don't honestly know if this will ever be completed, maybe we will get surprised and be landed with 3 data bluray discs with as much Vai audio that it will take a lifetime to listen to, rarities, live tracks, snippets. Well a person can only hope. Maybe all I care for is just some kind of official statement on this, either way...

Yeah, believe me you're not the only one, and seeing how dead this thread usually is you can tell how many other people have simply given up. What should have been an awesome collector's product is nothing more than a footnote, and has been a middle finger to fans. I don't expect it to be completed.

"Not yet. Perhaps mid next year." - This says it all. That's been the attitude the whole time. Shame I can't even sell the box on ebay, it's worthless.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:03 am 

I admit I was pretty pissed off a while ago about the Box and how's it's basically fallen apart. I like your description of it's 'basically a middle finger to fans'. Yes, it kind of is, but it's not intentional. Whilst I'll be first in line waiting for an answer as to what's going on, it's not exactly the end of the world.

Steve has a lot on his plate. The Box idea was a great idea at the time, but things have moved on as he probably can't finish the job to the original idea. I don't think it's worth getting mad over. I'd actually rather get a new studio album update! :guitar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:46 pm 
Newcomer

Bryceybhoy wrote:
Steve has a lot on his plate. The Box idea was a great idea at the time, but things have moved on as he probably can't finish the job to the original idea. I don't think it's worth getting mad over. I'd actually rather get a new studio album update! :guitar

My point exactly, I'm not mad I would have just liked some confirmed actual statement or talk on it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next