VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:18 am 

About those Vol. 3 & 4 (and next ones).... who can actually buy them ? Are they limited to 10.000ex too ?
Are they available to those only who've bought the box ? I think that would be fair, but how do you know we bought the box or not ?
Just wondering....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:41 pm 

Mikey:
Was Fool For Your Lovin' (Vai Voltage Mix, Whitesnake) scrapped for Sweet Lady Luck (Whitesnake)?
Out,
Gregory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:20 pm 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Check out the new Secret Jewel Box mini-site for MP3 previews of select tracks on the new Archives CDs.

Enjoy,

Mikey
vai.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:23 pm 

ArnieBall wrote:
About those Vol. 3 & 4 (and next ones).... who can actually buy them ? Are they limited to 10.000ex too ?
Are they available to those only who've bought the box ? I think that would be fair, but how do you know we bought the box or not ?
Just wondering....

Only the Zappa CD and Alcatrazz CD will be included in the box set and NOT available anywhere else.

All the other CD's in the BOX set (8 Cd's) will be available to people who did not buy the box set. The production run will NOT be limited to 10 000 copies. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:36 pm 

I've scrutinized the Internet and actually found almost every track (BTW I've got the PIL! album on vinyl, hehe... :D ), BUT of course I'm gonna buy the new releases!!!
It's so boring to just have the songs as anonymous file names on the computer :( . I almost never load down mp3-files for that reason.
Cd's have superior sound quality + I want the linear notes and artwork!
It's not too far away now... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:41 pm 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Well, you'll be pleased with the superior sound quality of these releases. Steve has remastered many of the tracks.

Plus, both the discs feature tracks that have never been available before.

- Mikey
vai.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:45 pm 

Sounds good!!! :D

Post subject: HIS Birthday
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:17 am 

Hey All + Mikey,

:idea: why not create a Happy Birthday-thread for Steve prior to June 6 :!: :?:

We could all congratulate him + tell him how pleased we are with Vai.com & Vol. 3&4...even before we've gotten it :!:

I'd bet Steve would like that...
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:58 pm 

Hi,

Ive been visiting the board lots but without posting, so hello everyone.

It has already been said that the CDs will be available in regular shops. Will the CD i buy from HMV be EXACTLY the same as the one from the Vai.com shop? Will part of the message still be on the spine?

I would like to buy the discs in the UK if possible so it is easier.

Also, i wasnt too happy when the Elusive light and sound came out in the shops with a better cover than came in the box set :? will it happen again?

Thanks,
Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:53 pm 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Ibanezwizard wrote:
It has already been said that the CDs will be available in regular shops.

Where does it say that? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:00 pm 
Newcomer

Whoa, I just found the secret after you guys talked about it. That's mad cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:53 pm 

What about someone like me, who can't buy things on the internet? How do I get my hands on the box set? Is it one of those "sorry can't do anything for you" scenarios (I understand it may well be...) ?!?

I bought the ELS1 CD in a shop (paid an arm & leg for it) and I would like to also purchase the Archives #5 when it comes out. If it's only available online for people who have the box, that means I've got to somehow change my financial situation and buy the whole damn set, including a CD I already have...just so I can have 1 CD. I certainly hope that's not the case.

I would be one of those "non hard-core" fans that doesn't necessarily need Steve's full catalogue of works, but I'd like to hear some of it at least.

Any replies would be appreciated, I'm not chuffed, I'm just querying. Ta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 8:42 pm 
Newcomer

You don't need the box, but you can only get it online.

Post subject: I HAVE A QUESTION MIKEY!
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:09 pm 

I HAVE A QUESTION MIKEY!

In the Secret Jewel Box mini site, it has said that there will be a 100 page booklet that will be sent out, the thing is I wanna know what is the prerequisit (spelling) for obtaining that booklet?? Do I have to purchase the boxset and all the other CDs from your site??

I'm asking this is because that I didn't purchase my boxset through this site so I'm worrying that I won't get the 100 page booklet... :(

Please send me one if I didn't match the requirements, PLEASE!

I know I'm asking this in VERY VERY advance but I'm acting this way because I really really love Steve and would like to obtain everything.

Oh and have you got any information regarding the newsletter Greasy Kids Stuff?? Is there a link to a thread that I can refer to? I want to subscribe to that as well so can you please give me the instructions.

PS is Favored nations still giving away CDs?? :)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:30 pm 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

GGGrev wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION MIKEY!

In the Secret Jewel Box mini site, it has said that there will be a 100 page booklet that will be sent out, the thing is I wanna know what is the prerequisit (spelling) for obtaining that booklet?? Do I have to purchase the boxset and all the other CDs from your site??

I'm asking this is because that I didn't purchase my boxset through this site so I'm worrying that I won't get the 100 page booklet... :(

Please send me one if I didn't match the requirements, PLEASE!

I know I'm asking this in VERY VERY advance but I'm acting this way because I really really love Steve and would like to obtain everything.

Oh and have you got any information regarding the newsletter Greasy Kids Stuff?? Is there a link to a thread that I can refer to? I want to subscribe to that as well so can you please give me the instructions.

PS is Favored nations still giving away CDs?? :)

Hi there,

You raise a good question. 99% of the boxes were sold online, but a few were available in stores - usually because the store ordered it through Vai.com's online store.

Obviously this is something we'll need to address, so please bear with us and we'll sort it out. You are asking in advance - but that's a good thing :)

The next Archive CDs will only be available through the Vai.com online store.

As for Greasy Kids Stuff, we are no longer taking subscriptions. Sorry about that. I'll be removing the link from the site in the next few days. Current subscribers will be contacted about their accounts soon.

Not sure what you mean about FN giving away CDs. The occasional sampler promo CD is made available at events and to press, but that's about it. I think they might still have regular competitions on the site though.

Hope this helps a little bit!

peace,

Mikey :)
vai.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 33  Next