The Official 'Secret Jewel Box' Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
sonny sixshooter

lucky7 wrote: I am looking forward to some of the forthcoming releases Steve has lined up, and I hope we don't have to wait too long! 8) :D
You and me both!! And probably everyone else here.
alienacidsoup

I loved the secret cd but I totally screwed up the box getting it out! :roll:
RickAllen

I almost screwed mine up too. I took off one piece too many. I had pulled on the little cardboard piece because it didn't seem to be coming out and it had to be glued back in. You can't tell, because nothing was torn or broken, just unglued. So it looks perfect and it's not going to come unglued again. I have no need to open it again, so I won't.
R1FSR

What do you think the secret phrase is on the jewel cases?
I think it might be "light'sout"(or some other spelling of that phrase. What do you think?
Cant believe nobodys even mentioned it...I reckon it will be light/sound..seems obvious to me
R1FSR

For anyone who doesnt know what it looks like heres a few pics.
I was gonna show the secret..but that would spoil it for some :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

There is actually room for 11 CDs..im guessing thats where the booklet will fit .
What would be really cool if there was a certificate signed by Steve to go with it..
Prev

Nice Photos! Interesting to see that the picks in your box set are different to mine, I got 3 black picks with steves signature and ibanez on the back!
lucky7

I was thinking the same thing. My three picks are the same as your Prev.
R1FSR where are you based?
Does that have anything to do with the picks we received, or was it just a case of what was around at the time?
Ah the booklet, Mikey any news on what is happening with this? Is there anything in the works??? 8)
sonny sixshooter

I also have the black ones. I believe I've read somewhere that it has something to do with when you bought it. I seem to remember that those with black picks were the first ones and the coloured ones came from the second batch, but I could be mistaken.
ROCK KITTEN 76

i've just ordered and payed for mine...how long will it take to arrive...i'm in uk?
can't wait... 8)
Bono

ROCK KITTEN 76 wrote:i've just ordered and payed for mine...how long will it take to arrive...i'm in uk?
can't wait... 8)
I think mine took about 2 weeks.
ROCK KITTEN 76

after a mistake i made i got the news today its on its way.i ordered the set of 5 with the box

they said around 2 - 4 weeks

8)
shacks

Does the Zappa tracks CD contain any unreleased stuff? Thats the only CD I dont have from the five in the box set.

shacks
rdnzl

shacks wrote:Does the Zappa tracks CD contain any unreleased stuff? Thats the only CD I dont have from the five in the box set.
Nope. You know what the Zappa Family Trust is like...
ROCK KITTEN 76

i'm getting pretty worried now its been at least three weeks allthough they said 4- 6 weeks to me everyone seems to be getting them sooner..

hope it arrives soon.. :?
V41

I just got an e-mail from Music Today saying it would take 2-3 business days.

But I'm not in the UK.

Anyone know where the boxes are shipping from? The last thing I ordered got here fast and didn't take any damage, I'm guessing it may be kind of sort of close to where I live.

I wonder what the spine says...?

I thought maybe it said "Life is Good" (because Steve likes that message), but now I see it says something with Light... guess no one can really know. Maybe Steve's messing with us and it's going to say "LIGHTKJMOSDP," lol.

What's this about a secret compartment? I don't wanna' mess my box up =/

Does the booklet come with it?? I thought it did.