The Official 'Secret Jewel Box' Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Snow

Actually there's also letter in each cd that goes to the box, and the 3-d covered doesn't have that.
metallicafan647

Bono wrote:Yo guys
I just recieved the Secret Jewel Box with all 5 cds. I live in the UK and didn't have to pay any customs tax...was this a mistake? (Not that i'm complaining) :D
Hey, how long did it take for you to recieve??? iam also in the UK and interested in purchasing the Secret Jewel Box.
Bono

metallicafan647 wrote:
Bono wrote:Yo guys
I just recieved the Secret Jewel Box with all 5 cds. I live in the UK and didn't have to pay any customs tax...was this a mistake? (Not that i'm complaining) :D
Hey, how long did it take for you to recieve??? iam also in the UK and interested in purchasing the Secret Jewel Box.
I think it took about 3 weeks, but I can't remember exactly. Well worth the wait and money
Snow

I ordered two times, first one came straight to my front door and two weeks later the second one went to customs and I had to pay the customs. Pretty weird...as I asked about it in the customs they said that it should have come to the customs for me to pick it up. So it was just some kind of a mistake.

¿Don't know?
Bono

It's kinda misleading in the other sticky thread by Mikey regarding Archive Volumes 3 & 4 stating they will only be available through www.vai.com ...you can get it from a shop even in England! lol...
Saying this, I'm not really bothered, as I'd much rather get it straight from the source (vai.com)
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Bono wrote:It's kinda misleading in the other sticky thread by Mikey regarding Archive Volumes 3 & 4 stating they will only be available through www.vai.com ...you can get it from a shop even in England! lol...
Saying this, I'm not really bothered, as I'd much rather get it straight from the source (vai.com)
Things change :)

We received a lot of demand from people saying they wanted to be able to buy the CDs in stores.

Unfortunately it's impossible to make everyone happy. :?

- Mikey
vai.com
hush

Hey Mikey,

I was the guy with the "broken (missing locket)" Secret Jewel Box in Montreal (G3 '03).

I had a few questions regarding the box:

My picks are purple/pink while on every picture I see they are black. Any special meaning to the purple/pink ones?

Was it really the last one? I'm not talking about in Montreal, I mean really the last one or are they still available through Music Today? I think that would be worth mentioning in a conversation :D

And finally is there any way you can send me a locket by standard mail. I really appreciated the $20 but being the perfectionist that I am and this being a collector item, I'd like the box to be in perfect condition. Plus it would facilitate opening the box.

Thanks

P.S.: Thank you and thanks to Mod777 for the aftershow passes. I didn't get to write my G3 review yet (still gestating in my mind) but I've wanted to thank you guys for a while. What a privilege... can't thank you enough.

-----------------
In VAI we trust
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

hush wrote:Hey Mikey,

I was the guy with the "broken (missing locket)" Secret Jewel Box in Montreal (G3 '03).

I had a few questions regarding the box:

My picks are purple/pink while on every picture I see they are black. Any special meaning to the purple/pink ones?

Was it really the last one? I'm not talking about in Montreal, I mean really the last one or are they still available through Music Today? I think that would be worth mentioning in a conversation :D

And finally is there any way you can send me a locket by standard mail. I really appreciated the $20 but being the perfectionist that I am and this being a collector item, I'd like the box to be in perfect condition. Plus it would facilitate opening the box.

Thanks

P.S.: Thank you and thanks to Mod777 for the aftershow passes. I didn't get to write my G3 review yet (still gestating in my mind) but I've wanted to thank you guys for a while. What a privilege... can't thank you enough.

-----------------
In VAI we trust
Hello,

The box you bought in Montreal was the last one available at that show - and the merch vendors told me they were clear about this. (Noone from the Vai camp sold merch at that show). They were however, meant to sell the box with the broken lock ONLY is someone really wanted it, and they were to sell it at a discount. There are still a few left through Music Today.

Unfortunately we don't have any replacement locks.

Regarding the picks. those signature Vai picks come in black/brown, green and pink. Some people got the darker picks, but midway through production of the box (the last of the 10,000 made) they switched to pink.

Peace,

Mikey :)
vai.com
hush

Thanks for the info.
DAMAGED
Newcomer

hey im a newbie, and i got a question for anyone who lives in australia....
How long did it take for the box to arrive, was it worth it? im sure it will be but i have to ask. :D
DAMAGED
Newcomer

Its on its way :D

and btw thanks for nobody answering my post :P
Public_Enemy_#1
Newcomer

Can someone answer this question for me. I'm starting to finish off my Vai solo collection and i'm thinking of getting the CD "Archives Volume 4: Various Artists" next. Is the version of "Feed My Frankenstein" thats on there Alice Cooper's version from the Hey Stoopid album or Steve's own cover version of it without Alice.
Lake of desire

It's the Alice Cooper version. Is there a cover version?
lucky7

This is a response for DAMAGED!

I live in Australia and I had an absolute ordeal to get The Secret Jewel Box.

1. First step Email to Musictoday regarding purchase via international money order, (I do not trust credit card details over the net.)

2. Contact made, money order sent.
Response money order, although sent by DHL was lost in their office......Two weeks later found, but by then they were out of stock of their first order.

3. Promised they would find a way to make up for all the crap.

4. Ask Musictoday what they planned to do, I was basically told. I am lucky they kept the order and they had no other obligation.

5. After three months box set arrives, it is great I am happy.
To have that Crossroads music on an actual cd was worth all the crap alone.
It takes another year to find out (via these Messageboards) about the secret section! Thank You Mr Vai
I received black guitar picks, I am a little jealous about these pink ones that were mentioned.....

I actually offered Mikey to be a distributor in OZ for various releases because of all the crap I went through, but they are happy as they are.

A good solution to this is recently they intorduced a way so you can order through Musictoday with a Moneyorder.

And another thing Australian Music shops are starting to stock Vai's CD's,
just before Christmas I was able to find Archives Volume 3.

As well as being able to order the new double cd and dvd.

So there is hope for us Australian fans, eventually we are looked after.

NOW ALL WE REALLY NEED IS A NATIONAL TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!
please.
:lol:
Little_Alligator

I'm desperate to know what the 'secret' is in the bottom of the Jewel Box. Obviously I dont want to spoil it for all so if someone could PM me the answer that would be great.