The Official 'Secret Jewel Box' Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Pro-string strummer

22, Ontario Canada!
Lake of desire

What really annoys me is that the Piano Reductions CD is sold separately, as opposed to being sold together with one (or two) of the other CDs yet to come. I always thought that the rest of the CDs would come in two instalments (3+2), but I highly doubt that after this one the rest of the CDs will come in a set of four. It's just that the posting charges to Finland ain't actually cheap.

But anyway, I've already pre-ordered
mphgt

24 Mike Neath,Wales

oh and Pro-string Strummer should be 23 Claypole was 22 on the previous page.
HeBoMan

HeBoMan wrote:Omg, I feel so stupid!!!! :roll: This is really hilarious. This beautiful box is standing in my house now for 1.5 years and I always thought that the surprise were the picks until I read here today that I had to take a better look at the screws at the bottom. First thing I did when I came home was unscrewing the bottom and there it was, sitting there for all this time! Thank you Steve, this was really a perfect joke and a cool surprise!
Henk, the Netherlands.
This is what I wrote a year ago in this thread....... :oops:

Very funny to see posts like this appearing now:
CaptPorridge wrote:
EyE wrote:O my God! I have the SJB now for almost 3 years and just found out today that it has a real Secret hidden!!!
OOps I threw out the box two years ago when I moved overseas :oops:

No further questions, your honour......... :lol:
Henrique Henriques

HeBoMan wrote:
HeBoMan wrote:Omg, I feel so stupid!!!! :roll: This is really hilarious. This beautiful box is standing in my house now for 1.5 years and I always thought that the surprise were the picks until I read here today that I had to take a better look at the screws at the bottom. First thing I did when I came home was unscrewing the bottom and there it was, sitting there for all this time! Thank you Steve, this was really a perfect joke and a cool surprise!
Henk, the Netherlands.
This is what I wrote a year ago in this thread....... :oops:

Very funny to see posts like this appearing now:
CaptPorridge wrote:
EyE wrote:O my God! I have the SJB now for almost 3 years and just found out today that it has a real Secret hidden!!!
OOps I threw out the box two years ago when I moved overseas :oops:

No further questions, your honour......... :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I Rarely come to this side of the boards.... And for some reason (maybe because Steve Realeased the Piano Reductions) I came in this thread, just to find out about this....

So I went to check this out and VIOlá......

Thanks HeboMAN!!!!
Cacophony

hey, i was just wondering if they still sell the secret jewel box, or were they just those first 10,000 made (thats what i read about it anyway :D).

btw whats the surprise?

Off topic: hey im from south wales too!
HeBoMan

Hey cacophony,
I bought the box 3 years ago, being worried that I would be too late to get one of the "limited" edition of only 10k.....to my surprise, apparently there are still boxes for sale....check the vai.com online shop.

And what the secret is......well, I think that until now no one has revealed the "secret" yet on the board (try a search), so I am definitely not going to break this, my friend......sorry 8)
sonny sixshooter

Sorry to bust your illusion. It has been revealed time and time again right here in the very thread. Too bad, but I guess that's just the way it goes.
HeBoMan

Ok, ok, Sonny.. 8) I admit that I did not read all 18 pages of the thread (or at least do no remember all posts.....). Don't you find it surprising that, after 3 years, there a still boxes of the 10k edition available? I wouldn't have expected that......
sonny sixshooter

Yeah well, I guess we can't all be die-hard fans! I ordered mine the minute they were available for preorder, so I'm home safe. I'll leave it up to the individual to decide... But I suggest people buy it! It's so cool!!!
HeBoMan

Yes, of course, Casper, everyone has free choice. It's just that I didn't expect that there aren't 10,000 die-hards around the globe that desperately want such a collector's item......on the other hand, this forum has "only" some 6400 registered users.......
Guitars Rock!!

25, Denmark

Just registered this forum. Been a Vai fan for 7 years, but only recently bought a computer and an internet connection. :oops:
Boy, was I glad to read about the "secret" of the Jewel Box. Amazing to think about it's been sitting there for 3 yers without me knowing! :shock: :D

Glad to be "onboard"
Peace 8)
Snow

26 Tero, Finland
justcartilage

Just got my boxset for Christmas. Too Cool!!! I've been hanging to get this thing since it was released, but just never got around to it and my wife, the lovely woman that she is secretly ordered it for me. What a woman!!!!

I got the first 5 discs, and will be ordering the Piano Reductions. What other releases are expected over the years? Will Real Illusions be part of the boxset?
V41

justcartilage wrote:Just got my boxset for Christmas. Too Cool!!! I've been hanging to get this thing since it was released, but just never got around to it and my wife, the lovely woman that she is secretly ordered it for me. What a woman!!!!

I got the first 5 discs, and will be ordering the Piano Reductions. What other releases are expected over the years? Will Real Illusions be part of the boxset?
No. Real Illusions: Reflections is Steve's next studio release in February 2005. It's not part of the Secret Jewel Box.

However...

VAI Piano Reductions was #6. #7 and #8 are Alcatrazz: Panic Jungle [Live in Japan]. #9 is Steve Vai and The Classified and #10 is Hot Chunks. Hope that helps. :D You also get the "100-page colorful booklet" once all 10 discs are ordered. Not sure how that works exactly.