The Official 'Secret Jewel Box' Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
RAI

The booklet is supposed to be produced with the last (or after the last) CD.
The original intention was to give a booklet to those who had a complete box, but how would they check on that......?

:?
ROCK KITTEN 76

i shall let you know later..i think its shipped to uk by IMEX its here :D :D but not here :cry: :cry: ..stuck in the post office with a customs charge ..i'll venture out and get it today

kittz
ROCK KITTEN 76

ok..after this post i shall prob be the quietist i've been in years..locking myself up for the weekend with a pot noodle and the stereo.. :lol: :lol:

but before i go and sift through hours of musical heaven not just the box set..
i'd like to say mine had three picks all pink. with vai hgliph and a mini sig
on each ibanez logo on the back now i had a go on my guitar with a pick and i was amazed at how different the sound is, picking away with that..its quality..and does make a difference

did anyone else notice that?
i have a mixture of picks ranging from texture and size and these have to be by far th best picks i've ever seen ..ok rambling again..so yeah ..i had disturbing the peace but to have it again..as part of the set..fantastic! now i've had it around 6 hours so far and yes i delved into the hidden compartment listened to a few from the zappa disc, all of alcs as thats one of my favs anyway

:wink:
Last edited by ROCK KITTEN 76 on Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
V41

I just got mine! Woo! I've been listening to "Selfless Love" for 10 minutes. :D

Where's the hidden compartment? I can't find it. Is it the bottom panel? I don't wanna' mess my box up. I'm so dumb >.<

Nevermind, I found it! Bwahahaha!
Last edited by V41 on Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
summer_sky

V41 wrote:I just got mine! Woo! I've been listening to "Selfless Love" for 10 minutes. :D

Where's the hidden compartment? I can't find it. Is it the bottom panel? I don't wanna' mess my box up. I'm so dumb >.<

'Selfless Love' is such a beautiful song.... the lyrics are wonderful and i love the acoustic guitar. this may sound crazy, but i love that sound of fingers sliding on the strings.

btw, kinda a strange question, but, may i ask what are the dimensions of the Secret Jewel Box? and of what material is it made?
V41

summer_sky wrote:btw, kinda a strange question, but, may i ask what are the dimensions of the Secret Jewel Box? and of what material is it made?
Let's see. It's cardboard. It's a perfect square of about 3 1/2 or 4 inches from a helicopter view, and it's about 8 inches tall, without perfect measurements. The lock and handle are metal, screwed in. It says "Steve Vai The Secret Jewel Box" on the front, 'V' on the right, 'A' on the back, and 'I' on the left side. It's black all on the outside and the inside top is red, and there's a mirror on the inside of the latch.

Y'know, ^&**(%^&%^&*$%^&*(*(&^%##@#@#@#$%^&(*((*()&^^&%$%^^^&*&*.
Last edited by V41 on Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickAllen

I can hardly wait for the rest of the cd's. Thanks V41. :D
summer_sky

V41 wrote:
summer_sky wrote:btw, kinda a strange question, but, may i ask what are the dimensions of the Secret Jewel Box? and of what material is it made?
Let's see. It's cardboard. It's a perfect square of about 3 1/2 or 4 inches from a helicopter view, and it's about 8 inches tall, without perfect measurements. The lock and handle are metal, screwed in. It says "Steve Vai The Secret Jewel Box" on the front, 'V' on the right, 'A' on the back, and 'I' on the left side. It's black all on the outside and the inside top is red, and there's a mirror on the inside of the latch.

Y'know, ^&**(%^&%^&*$%^&*(*(&^%##@#@#@#$%^&(*((*()&^^&%$%^^^&*&*.

cool....by your description and looking at the picture on the the Vai.com Store it sure sounds like a nice addition to any Vai collection.

which guitar picks did you get in your Secret Jewel Box? did you get the same as Kittz or did you get different ones?

*runs off to find Vai-secret-decoder-pick to decode V41's Secret message* :)
the secret of love

if you were to get the jsecret jewel box from the vai store with 5 of the CDs does the elusive light and sound come with that sweet hologram cover
RAI

Nope.....
ROCK KITTEN 76

i know i was looking forward to moving that one in the light..lol

i was going to get that one in a store recently, i may still do ..its a great cover..

then i can finally say yeah got the cd the t shirt the picture disc the tatto the..lol

no i have the t shirt ..hey now thers a thought the t shirt like the cover 3d it..if only

i have the decoder summer but if i tell you i may have to kill you.. :twisted:

:wink:
V41

summer_sky wrote:which guitar picks did you get in your Secret Jewel Box? did you get the same as Kittz or did you get different ones?
I got the same ones, I believe. All pink. I've hardly touched them, I'm afraid I'll drop them again some guitar strings and wear them down into uselessness before I can get my Jem =/

I might use one for my Jem and save the others. Not sure yet...

I should tune down to drop C on my Jem, when I get it, buy the Bad Horsie wah pedal, and just hit that first heavy distorted chord with the pick. And then let it sit for a year to recover o.o All the while doing my best to feel like Steve. :lol:
Last edited by V41 on Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROCK KITTEN 76

[quote="V41"][quote="summer_sky"]which guitar picks did you get in your Secret Jewel Box? did you get the same as Kittz or did you get different ones?[quote]

I got the same ones, I believe. All pink. I've hardly touched them, I'm afraid I'll drop them again some guitar strings and wear them down into uselessness before I can get my Jem =/
[quote]

you too eh? yeah i had a go with one but i've seen the state of my other picks..i've carved into my others ..i fish for sounds anyway possible..
i too want to save them as is..i think i'll go order some more from the store
or have a look down sound control when i go on a shopping vacation

kittz :wink:
Ramma

Ya know, when I saw it online I thought it was some kind of metal, only to find out it was cardboard, dont get me wrong, I love it, as well as all the CDs that came with it, and the picks..

Speaking of the CDs, anyone know when the rest of the CDs are coming out?
ROCK KITTEN 76

yeah steves posted here on the next addition

[/url]http://www.vai.com/News/index.html[url]
in his latest newsletter

the piano reductions :D [/url]