The Official 'Secret Jewel Box' Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Snow wrote:I just found the Secret Jewel Box from a web music store called www.cdon.com. the prize is 106.95 euros (87 dollars) so looks like they don't take some much profit from the sales. Anyway if any people are interested, this message is ment for them. Because in Finland you can't get a credit card so easily, so the ordering through vai.com store is not so easy.
Um... that's kinda expensive! 106.95 Euros = $131.31 US Dollars.

Purchase the Secret Jewel Box through the Vai.com store and it will cost you $85 (not including shipping). $US85 = €69.22

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com

p.s. You can order from music today by mail too - without using a credit card.
Snow

Oops, I calculated wrong :oops:. Well anyway the costs for me were 100euros when I ordered it through Vai.com store.

P.s I didn't know that you can order it without a credit card. Thanks. But anyway I have one now so I don't need to borrow someone elses. :D
Skyscraper

Mine finally came through the post the other day, only a two week wait so it was a lot sooner than I expected to get it. Thoroughly enjoyable, especially listening to the Alcatrazz and Zappa stuff which I wouldn't necessarily have thought to pick up otherwise. I know Steve rates Frank Zappa above pretty much anyone else, but having not heard much of his stuff I wasn't sure it was for me, even though I was curious to hear Steve's contributions to his work. Now though, having heard a decent cross-section of Zappa stuff with Steve, I might be tempted to look further into Zappa as I quite enjoyed what I heard (some of it really cracked me up as well!).

Looking forward to hearing (hopefully) the rest of the discs when they are released.
NunoKwikPhix

Pardon me...but I didn't have a chance to read through the 12 pages (WOW!!! :shock: ) that were here...but does anyone know when the next disc or two will be available for "the box"......

Thanks........
ArnieBall

NunoKwikPhix wrote:Pardon me...but I didn't have a chance to read through the 12 pages (WOW!!! :shock: ) that were here...but does anyone know when the next disc or two will be available for "the box"......

Thanks........
I was about to ask the same question...
Last time they went out on Steve's B'day. Do they plan the same for this year ?
NunoKwikPhix

That'd be a great idea, AB!!!!
lendl

What do you think the secret phrase is on the jewel cases?
I think it might be "light'sout"(or some other spelling of that phrase. What do you think?

-Lendl
Bono

Light_Heat? ;)
ArnieBall

Bono wrote:Light_Heat? ;)
I vote for "Light w/o Heat"
Spider-Man
Newcomer

Or maybe the 6th disc will have the word "WITHOUT" in the title, then the last 4 will spell out HEAT. Just a thought.
espguitarlord

I thought initially LIGHT_HEAT, but now that other ideas have been mentioned, I don't know...
lucky7

At the moment it does look something like Light w/o heat.
Can I ask, How long did it take people to find the Secret Interview Disc under the panel???
I am only asking because I had it for let's just say over a year before I read it on these Message Boards and decided to raid the box. I would love to get the box autographed but where?!?!....
Maybe the mirror! 8) :D
sonny sixshooter

It took me about thirty seconds to find it... but then again I was already looking for it before I opened it. Steve had already told us that here was something secret about it. Btw the secret disk was rather disappointing. I mean it was an interview that could already be found on vai.com in writing. I was so hoping for a few extra tunes. Can't win 'em all.
Lake of desire

What disc? Which panel?
lucky7

On the bottom of the Secret Jewel Box. (Maybe the top :? )
There are four corner screws, unscrew them all carefully and then you will be able to pull the panel out.
Then there is a seperate CD, and it is Steve Vai going through each track either on The Elusive Light and Sound CD or all three. (I actually screwed it back in once I heard it, so I'm going by memory...)
It was a suprise, and yeah I agree some secret tracks would've been great, but I'm glad I found it!
I actually read about it at Vai groups on Yahoo before I found out about it on Vai.com.
I am looking forward to some of the forthcoming releases Steve has lined up, and I hope we don't have to wait too long! 8) :D