VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 am 

i just watched the dvd that comes with the special edition of 'The Story of Light' and like many of you i want to know more about the ducks.
somehow they managed to take my attention away from what Mr. Vai was saying :shock: was it my ADD making me look at the moving mallard on the right?
why did i suddenly want to know how that duck's day was going? was Steve's presence a highlight of it's day? is there a sign nearby that says 'do not feed the ducks'?

^ duck # 1

^ here we have 3 ducks VAIing for your attention and the brown one is looking right at me, like he/she can see into my soul :shock:

^ the same ducks? who knows but my beanie duck has finally let it's jealousy fly 'why oh why wasn't i at that lake?' Image

lastly, will ducks be an influence on the third cd of Steve's Real Illusions trilogy?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:25 am 

:D LOL! I noticed those ducks, too. They didn't manage to steal my attention completely away from Steve, but my thoughts have gone back to the ducks a couple of times.
Did they know they were getting in the DVD.?. Are their duck-friends happy for them.?. Or jealous.?. Are those ducks still there.?. Steve said that he's been to that park before, have those ducks always been there.?. Are they Steve's buddies.?. Do they miss him when he's away on tour.?. Will we see the ducks in future vids from Steve?
So many questions...

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:19 am 

Jenn Pix wrote:
:D LOL! I noticed those ducks, too. They didn't manage to steal my attention completely away from Steve, but my thoughts have gone back to the ducks a couple of times.
Did they know they were getting in the DVD.?. Are their duck-friends happy for them.?. Or jealous.?. Are those ducks still there.?. Steve said that he's been to that park before, have those ducks always been there.?. Are they Steve's buddies.?. Do they miss him when he's away on tour.?. Will we see the ducks in future vids from Steve?
So many questions...

i'm glad you weren't as distracted as me Jenn :peace it must be the ADD then... shiny, coloured moving objects :shock:
the first mallard duck got my attention and kept it with the lovely deep green colour it has on it's head, the way it shimmers in the sun is just gorgeous 8)

in Steve's story, does the lake that the people look into have ducks? did Captain Drake get his name from the word for a male duck?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:34 am 

BigBunny wrote:
Jenn Pix wrote:
So many questions...

i'm glad you weren't as distracted as me Jenn :peace it must be the ADD then... shiny, coloured moving objects :shock:
the first mallard duck got my attention and kept it with the lovely deep green colour it has on it's head, the way it shimmers in the sun is just gorgeous 8)

in Steve's story, does the lake that the people look into have ducks? did Captain Drake get his name from the word for a male duck?

Oh I am so often distracted by cool shiny objects...
Steve just happens to be a stronger force than shiny object... :mrgreen:

Hmmmn... Hadn't thought of ducks at the Reflecting Pond. And now that you mention it, I'll always think of a duck when I think of Captain Drake! LOL...

...are any of the Midway Creatures ducks, do you suppose? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:31 pm 

Now playing: "Feathers"

Next up: "Fried Chicken"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:44 am 

Jenn Pix wrote:
Oh I am so often distracted by cool shiny objects...
Steve just happens to be a stronger force than shiny object... :mrgreen:

Hmmmn... Hadn't thought of ducks at the Reflecting Pond. And now that you mention it, I'll always think of a duck when I think of Captain Drake! LOL...

...are any of the Midway Creatures ducks, do you suppose? :mrgreen:

Midway Creatures reminds me of the movie 'Labyrinth' and i love that soundtrack. it doesn't seem ducky to me, more like something amphibious trolling
about in the watery depths, hiding under a rock waiting to nibble at your toes should you dangle them in the water :shock:

^ too much? Image

Nate from San Diego wrote:
Now playing: "Feathers"

Next up: "Fried Chicken"

"he's my lucky pig"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:06 am 

These ducks can see our soul! :shock:
Just like Steve when he wear his glasses off at Where The Wild Things Are "omg now I can see your soul" hahahaah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:27 am 

pdruh wrote:
These ducks can see our soul! :shock:
Just like Steve when he wear his glasses off at Where The Wild Things Are "omg now I can see your soul" hahahaah

:lol: that's a good one :peace