VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:57 am 
Newcomer

Hi there,

I'm a new member, having just found this site and forum. Looking forward to participating.

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to help me? I signed up for the EVO experience in Durham NC this Saturday, and am SO looking forward to it. But I haven't received the promised "2 weeks in advance" email from evo@vai.com, and they haven't responded to two, increasingly worried, emails. Ticketmaster was no help.

Is this normal? I have no idea when to show up, and what the logistics are, e.g. is it crazy or ok to take my JEM to request that Steve sign it? I know that he's extremely gracious and will sign it, but I don't know if it's then ok to have it in front of my seat during the show. More importantly, I don't want to miss the (very very expensive) event by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I just signed up, and can't get PMs. But, if some member here would be kind enough to email me at flyingbear at gmail dot com, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks! Alex.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:09 am 
Newcomer

D'oh! Either the gods of the internet heard me, or someone from evo@vai.com saw my posting, or it was a coincidence, but I got my email with the EVO experience details just now. Thanks to anyone who may have heard and helped me out!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:00 pm 

Just curious what time have they been telling people to arrive? I wonder if it's the same for all venues or if it's different.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:19 am 
Newcomer

Hi, could you please give us more details on the EVO experience? Duration, time of arrival, how it was, etc...

thanks!