VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:28 am 

This is just a post to see if it possibly catches Steve's eye and hopefully gets him to come to the city of Glasgow in Scotland on his upcoming european tour! He will be sorely missed it's been over 5 years since Glasgow last had a taste of Steve & his music !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 am 

Yep, total agree!!! Anywhere in Scotland will do!!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:36 am 

I think what's done is done. It takes like months for venues to approve and set costs and whatnot. If its not there and all the dates are released, it pro a lywont be happening. Sorry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:38 am 

and I don't think Steve ever comes on the forum... ever. His last post was in 2009. Since then, its just been Andy, who is always busy. Adminastrators, anyone, tell Steve to get his Zappa- spanked asst on this forum :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:17 am 

Well I could appeal Andy Alt for any info/update on Scottish dates, but I might as well drink hot oil.

Looks like a drive to Manchester is on the cards. :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:16 am 

Poor show I think, Ipswich over Glasgow etc? Not being rude!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:59 pm 

"kyle am i" you are awful pessimistic ! If anyone remembers a few years ago on the '07 tour, there were no Glasgow/Scottish dates and a few of us created a similar post to this, and sure enough it was recognised and a little tartan VAI symbol was posted on news feed and a Glasgow date was added ! If anyone is Scottish and reading this, please reply in this thread and a bigger chance we have of Andy or Steve noticing this. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:07 pm 

EddieVanHalenRocks wrote:
"kyle am i" you are awful pessimistic ! If anyone remembers a few years ago on the '07 tour, there were no Glasgow/Scottish dates and a few of us created a similar post to this, and sure enough it was recognised and a little tartan VAI symbol was posted on news feed and a Glasgow date was added ! If anyone is Scottish and reading this, please reply in this thread and a bigger chance we have of Andy or Steve noticing this. :lol:

I remember that symbol, your total right!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 pm 

EddieVanHalenRocks wrote:

and this was because of your posts? Ok, whatever. But dave weiner posted a video on how gigging works, and it seems highly unlikley that something like you guys want could happen when theres so much involved. pessemistic, maybe a little, but realistic. good luck and congrats if it does happen! the more fans satasfied on this tour the better!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:55 pm 

It be great if Steve could come to Scotland but as it stands at the moment it looks as if I'll be going to Newcastle, when I get a ticket. PLEEEEEASE come to Scotland Steve!! If it's a case of no room at the inn, then you can come stay at mine. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:35 am 

Where's the "Digital Marketing" genius to help us? Any mods able to shed light on this potential disaster?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:54 am 
VIP
VIP

As you all know Steve would love to play everywhere, but sometimes it's not up to him. It's all based on numbers and routing :(
Hopefully some of you from Scotland can come see Steve at another venue somewhere close. I don't think Steve will give up the guitar anytime soon, so I'm sure he'll make a appearance in Scotland soon! :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:40 am 

Sorry, but I'm sure others will agree, just a bit miffed that certain venues in the UK are getting preference when he's never played there before , over Scotland where he's performed at least 6 times I can think of! :headbang

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:02 pm 

Favored Nations wrote:
As you all know Steve would love to play everywhere, but sometimes it's not up to him. It's all based on numbers and routing :(
Hopefully some of you from Scotland can come see Steve at another venue somewhere close. I don't think Steve will give up the guitar anytime soon, so I'm sure he'll make a appearance in Scotland soon! :D

Appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Many thanks.

As you all know, this wouldn't have happened if we were independent. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:49 am 

Och was worth a try, I still have faith a date can be made to come see us Scots! Steve has been here many times and even recorded here "The Black Forest" was recorded at Glasgow Barrowlands, would be a shame to miss him on this tour for another 5 years :( and not get to use my EVO ticket