VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Steve's Letter (to me)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:01 pm 

Around two years ago, I sent Steve a letter. It was a while ago, I was twelve or thirteen. Honestly, I have NO IDEA what I wrote. I have no recollection of me actually sending it. I don't know how I phrased it either. Evidently I didn't know then that when you send people fanmail, you most likely will irritate them. But it was definitely personal because, well, I was thirteen and I was sending Steve Vai a letter. So I'll apologize after the fact for doing so ;) .

I was shocked when I got a text message with a picture of a letter from favored nations. It had the Vai logo in the top left and was addressed to me. Instantly I remembered that I had sent him a letter but it was so long ago I didn't even remember being disappointed when I never got a response. I think I convinced myself it would take a few months to get a response, if any, and I just waited not expecting anything because it would take a while. So when it never came, it wasn't a shock, it was more like I expected that nothing would happen after being ready to wait a while. Well it took two years. Id be a fucking idiot to complain :) .

I get home in a state of shock, knowing there's a letter most likely from Steve sitting on my counter; either that or it's some sort of restraining order or a form of legal document preventing me from giving out any addresses or something. So I open the letter and I just kind of was afraid to take out anything inside because I saw tons of writing. I recognized it as the sort of messy handwriting of Steve, and well... after like ten minutes of getting a drink and letting the anxiety build until I couldn't hold it anymore, I just took out the contents and laid it on a piece of paper.

Inside was a letter, a poster, a sticker (I think, I was too afraid to start picking at it in order to find out lol), a Story Of Light Seed Card (with the New Jersey soil, maybe I'll plant it indoors ;) ), two Story of Light picks and a signed poster paper of him with the JEM 20th. Well, I read the letter and I feel it would be a hideous thing to post a picture of the contents. It wasn't just a little blurb on a napkin- it was an entire page of writing that really meant a lot to me. After so long of wishing to communicate with Steve, it happened in a way I never expected.

I don't remember what I wrote and I really hope I didn't write anything embarrassing ;) . I feel like sending another letter thanking Steve would be a really stupid thing to do, I've already taken up quite a bit of his time, so I figured id just do it here. Thank you so much, for the letter Steve. You didn't have to do it and I appreciate it 10000000000000000000x. I mean I appreciate Jeries' poster too, if you don't remember, it's the same Kyle, so you should send Jeries something also because he's a cool guy and so that he dosen't ask for his poster back. This is something that I'll keep with me forever, and I don't think I'll ever lessen in grateful-ness.

Maybe someone at Vai.com could pass this "thank-you" along? Someday I'll say thank you in person, but for now I wish Steve to know that it really meant something.

I've learned a lot from this- that Steve really cares about his fans, that the guy who was selling one Story Of Light pick for $100 has nothing on me ;) , and that any man with animated cartoons of himself on peices of paper is either incredibly self absorbed, or has an incredible sense of humor :) .

Kyle

http://imageshack.us/a/img12/7007/e9jj.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:04 am 

That's awesome, Kyle!
When you plant the card, you'll have to take some pics, o we can see!

I'm just glad I didn't plant the ones I got with The Story Of Light, coz we've had the worst weather...
When Spring comes around again, I'm hopeful that the conditions will be better...

Frame that letter, Kyle. 8) That's a cool treasure!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:50 am 

great story kyle,its good to know fan mail still exists.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:50 am 

Waouw, Kyle, so happy for you, so jealous of you :o

I really love the frame of the letter.
And Kyle, now you know, you rock !

p.s. : I didn't read the post related to that but I was wondering if, now, your inspiration process was still broken ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:19 pm 

Quokka wrote:
p.s. : I didn't read the post related to that but I was wondering if, now, your inspiration process was still broken ?

No, not anymore. I realized that bypassing all worries (except those of breaking strings when pulling the bar up too high, of course ;) ) and resting when inspirationally drained instead of trying to force it out, you can have a better concentration and outlook when the time comes.

ǩẙℒミ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 pm 

kyle am I wrote:
Quokka wrote:

No, not anymore. ...

ǩẙℒミ

Well, I am glad for you, ǩẙℒミ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:47 pm 

let me put it this way...

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Congrats Kyle!!! for all the love you give Steve everyday on the forum you deserve that gift...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:59 am 
Newcomer

Very cool to get a personal response.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:01 pm 

Great to hear stories like this... :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:14 am 
Newcomer

Awesome. Very awesome. :headbang

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:58 pm 

Thank you!

I finally did get to say thank you in person at Vai Academy, and I made some amazing memories from it as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:36 am 

I never waited anything from Steve and that´s because I never write him a letter and I don´t know how to do it, I only gave him my underwear as present, my kncikers were wet, I hope that he liked them , I remeber that when the concert finished the first thing that he did was taking my bra and my knickers and started running to the backstage alone, maybe he wanted to smell them or he thought that my telephone mobile number was written in the knickers but I don´t need telephone Im a new era mutant and that´s because I prefer telepaty for talking with him, he was amazed with my powers of telepaty and reiki and clarividence and we can speak now and we have a telepatic romance, he really enjoyed with this, he liked my face and he said me that I was sweet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:50 am 

If you went to vai academy, I was with him there, I wasn´t there with my phisic body because I was in my house of Spain really far but my astral body and my energy was with him there, he wrote something about that he felt the energy of the people that he met there, he copied this idea for writing of one of my messages and he used my energy for being more inspired but I let him to do it because I don´t loose anything with this, Im helping him with my unconditional love, he can be inspired with me and to make love with him if he want, he said that he´ll give pleasure to me (by telepaty) but Im not waiting and not searching for anything, Im enjoying with our telepatic romance that is the only thing that I can have, he thought that I´ll be happy of seeing him writing something that he wrote like ´´it was wonderful seeing his beautiful energy`` when he was with Eric Johnson, like the rest of fanatics that will be really happy and say OH MY OH MY Steve has read my message and used my words, he should know that Im more special and that I need something better for being happy or impressed, my reputation as pianist is the great here and my compositions are really good but he never really listened to me he watched a shit of video of me at a beach but I made it when I was 19 after being at a hospital and it wasn´t well made , the actually videos are what he should watch and my actually music