Hey Steve, haven't you forgotten something ?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
smiffy

zakky wrote:That's total bad news, for the scottish vai fans! He's done each tour apart from Alive in an Ultra world tour in 2001. Real shame as I ain't travelling any further, already done 1000m return to London twice for Vai gigs :cry:
But there's only 260 miles from Inverness to Newcastle? A lot of fans have to travel way further than that.
zakky

True but I've just done van Halen in Vegas lol!!!! We've done the evo up here so he knows the score!
KeithH

Hi everyone

I am getting emails from websites saying Steves tickets are released tomorrow morning ?! I was hoping his official site would be more on the ball than that !

and I suppose that EVOs will only be available via this site, so do I buy a ticket for the gig, and then hope the EVO ad comes on his news page, at a later date ?

come on Steve, this is poor, you are usually much much better than this.
Samuele

This time the EVO Experience does not include a ticket for the show, so you have to get a ticket first (it's not that difficult to find legitimate websites that sell tickets), and then go to vai.com and see whether the EVO Experience is available for that show.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm waiting for the info to put on the site regarding the UK dates, which I should be getting shortly. I'll post here once they're up.

j
KeithH

Just a note - the previous two EVOs at Manchester (I went to both) included a ticket.

I see that many on his current tour include them, some do not. However, we will never know until its too late, because we have to buy our tickets tomorrow morning ! If we don't, we risk the show being selling out (his Manchester gigs usually do, and quickly) AND not getting an EVO, so missing the concert altogether.

Jeroen, heres the dates for the UK. Wasnt it supposed ot be you giving us the info, not the other way around ?

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/search?tm ... search.y=0

This is poor, mate.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

None of the European EVO packages include tickets.
Tickets will go on sale tomorrow.

I should be getting the links in the next few hours.

J
KeithH

Judging by the prices in other countries, the EVOs will be around £200, without a ticket ?

Don't the organisers realise a recession on ? Not many people have that kind of money. That is a big, even, abusing the fans, jump from the £130 including a ticket, that was the price of the 2007 EVO.

I have never said this before, and I hope I will never say it again, but he has abused his fans here.

If I take out the price of the concert, the EVO has jumped from £100 to £200 in five years. That leaves a very, very nasty taste.

No thanks, Steve.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

The dates are added, however, Ticketmaster is still in the process of setting up EVO for the UK dates. The EVO links therefore will be available tomorrow.

For tickets, go here:
http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/steve-vai-tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

J
litlgrnman

KeithH wrote:Judging by the prices in other countries, the EVOs will be around £200, without a ticket ?

Don't the organisers realise a recession on ? Not many people have that kind of money. That is a big, even, abusing the fans, jump from the £130 including a ticket, that was the price of the 2007 EVO.

I have never said this before, and I hope I will never say it again, but he has abused his fans here.

If I take out the price of the concert, the EVO has jumped from £100 to £200 in five years. That leaves a very, very nasty taste.

No thanks, Steve.
It's a luxury item and IMO well worth the cost. Not eveyone will choose to spend their money that way but I would say that the cost is attainable.

It has been known for quite some time now that Steve was releasing a new record and going on a world tour. I actually started planning over a year ago because I knew I would likely have to travel somewhere to see him play.

Steve's time, energy and expertise is worth something and he deserves compensation for going out of his way to educate his fans and really give an in depth look into his tour and creative process. I don't think it's fair to accuse Steve of trying to take advantage of or abuse his fans.

Also, I think you would find if you compare they type of package EVO is with the packages other artists offer you'd see that you get so much more. It's not just a quick walk through the line for a handshake and a picture. If it's like EVO's I've been to in the past you really get a glimpse into what kind of person he is because the floor is open to any topic or question.

If it were too inexpensive everyone would go and the whole thing would lose its purpose and personality.

I wish I could have a Ferrari but...
kyle am I

KeithH wrote:Judging by the prices in other countries, the EVOs will be around £200, without a ticket ?

No thanks, Steve.
who says it was steve? since when is he putting the prices on everything? you make it sound like he was being devious and thinking "Hell, im SV, i can make my die hard fans put thousands in my pockets if i raise this by half". And friend, he hasnt been on tour for 5 years, or released an album in 7. i think hes entitled to make some money now. and i dont believer its for him. it now comes with tons more stuff, signed strap, all that good stuff. now, i cant go, to expensive. but i understand why the prices are so high. and i know for a fact that though steve is a buisnessman, he for the most part does not make these prices.
GYiakoumi

I already got my Manchester ticket via o2, awaiting EVO and I'm set!

16 - Tilburg, Netherlands - 013 too hopefully!

Can't wait!
paulh123

i just bought my ticket for the dec 2nd show in london and managed to get one of the last available in the back row :cry:
i could not figure out how to get the pre sale tickets? for future reference how would i get one? would have been nice to be nearer the front.i used the official hammersmith apollo website,was this the best option?
thanks
paul.
KeithH

I wasnt comparing Steves EVO to someone elses, I was comparing to his own in October 2005 and July 2007, both of which I attended. He gave away the same stuff then (programme, signed score, exclusive DVD, other bits and pieces, the only difference here is the strap), hence my surprise the cost has doubled .

Even if he didnt personally set it, I'm sure he knew about it, and had the say whether it was OK.

We can do this all day, one person thinks a price is Ok, the other doesnt. The fact is that is one hell of a jump, and smells of abusing the fans.
kyle am I

KeithH wrote:I wasnt comparing Steves EVO to someone elses, I was comparing to his own in October 2005 and July 2007, both of which I attended. He gave away the same stuff then (programme, signed score, exclusive DVD, other bits and pieces, the only difference here is the strap), hence my surprise the cost has doubled .

Even if he didnt personally set it, I'm sure he knew about it, and had the say whether it was OK.

We can do this all day, one person thinks a price is Ok, the other doesnt. The fact is that is one hell of a jump, and smells of abusing the fans.
well, if i ever meet him, ill ask him for ya ok ;)