Big Fan from India, Now traveling to Australia

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
vaiguru
Newcomer

Big Fan from India, Now traveling to Australia

#1 Post by vaiguru » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:42 am

I had a big question, How does one send a fan mail to the admin/Mr.Vai??

I am yet another fan and this is another fan-thing, but there is just a lil bit more. I have been a fan for more than 20 years(which means my wife gifted me 9 CDs of Mr Vai on our engagament 11 years ago, My Id is Vaiguru, not even talking about the music...)- you get the picture. I even tried to form a FB group "Bring Steve Vai to India" with 172 members as of now! Heck, one time I even wallpapered couple of internet kiosks with Mr.Vai's picture in Bombay airport!
That was just to sum up the dedication, well actually there is a shitload more but you get the idea!
Anyway, taking matters into my own hands, my wife n I are traveling to Australia to watch the G3 gig in Sydney on March 30, 2012. It would be something spectacular to be able to just say hello, which, I know is a asking a lot, but thought I'd try it here, anyway!

Peace n love n good happiness stuff!

Vaiguru
(Coz I am That! )

anuj

Re: Big Fan from India, Now traveling to Australia

#2 Post by anuj » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:23 am

Good luck, chief. :)

vaiguru
Newcomer

#3 Post by vaiguru » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:21 am

He he! :peace

Big Bad Bill

#4 Post by Big Bad Bill » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:45 am

If I were you, I'd wait for the next full Vai tour and see him somewhere like Paris or somewhere nice like that. You'll get a lot more 'Steve' for your money and of course he has EVO experiences so you can definitely met and speak to him (assuming he continues with these). G3 is just that, three artists in the time allocated to one-its a rather watered down affair. Just my opinion.

Vaifan1982

#5 Post by Vaifan1982 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:43 pm

I'll be at the Sydney show :)

vaiguru
Newcomer

#6 Post by vaiguru » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Thanks!

Next time I shall, but Aus is the best i can do from India at this time. I am just in an extremely super delirious zone at the prospect of bein in the presence man!
Its super awesome big deal...hope someone take pity n lets me shake the man's hands.

Big Bad Bill

#7 Post by Big Bad Bill » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:20 am

vaiguru wrote:Thanks!

Next time I shall, but Aus is the best i can do from India at this time. I am just in an extremely super delirious zone at the prospect of bein in the presence man!
Its super awesome big deal...hope someone take pity n lets me shake the man's hands.
So you're going to meet Steve? That'll be great

Pape

#8 Post by Pape » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:27 am

Congratz man! Hope it's everything you imagine. Hopefully Mr. Vai will tour the states with the new album, a real tour, and in the mid-west! Come on Steve, stay off the coasts mate!

lucky7

#9 Post by lucky7 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:54 pm

I would contact his promoter (Michael Coppel) and if you already have tickets to the show see if there is a way to buy the meet and greet part only..Good Luck! :guitar