New Steve Vai´s GUITAR TV channel....10 May

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Bryceybhoy

Re: New Steve Vai´s GUITAR TV channel....10 May

#16 Post by Bryceybhoy » Mon May 23, 2011 12:18 am

Samuele wrote:I have seen videos on GuitarTV that aren't on Youtube, plus on youtube there isn't all the info you get on GuitarTV about the guitar players (wikipedia/amazon/iTunes links, instruments used, songsterr midi tabs, tickets, etc.).

And then on Youtube you don't have scheduled live events, like the one for Peter Thorn's new album release.
Are you telling me that to find somebody's new tour dates, you need to visit Guitar TV to get it? Surely not.

He's copy and pasted all the info that is freely available elsewhere on the internet onto his website. End of.

I'm just not that impressed at all. You are better off on You Tube, where you can follow the links etc.

This website just seems like yet another way of selling products and making money.

I'm depressed with the way things seem to be going in Vai world.

Prezidentman

#17 Post by Prezidentman » Mon May 23, 2011 12:47 am

Bryceybhoy wrote:
Samuele wrote:I have seen videos on GuitarTV that aren't on Youtube, plus on youtube there isn't all the info you get on GuitarTV about the guitar players (wikipedia/amazon/iTunes links, instruments used, songsterr midi tabs, tickets, etc.).

And then on Youtube you don't have scheduled live events, like the one for Peter Thorn's new album release.
Are you telling me that to find somebody's new tour dates, you need to visit Guitar TV to get it? Surely not.

He's copy and pasted all the info that is freely available elsewhere on the internet onto his website. End of.

I'm just not that impressed at all. You are better off on You Tube, where you can follow the links etc.

This website just seems like yet another way of selling products and making money.

I'm depressed with the way things seem to be going in Vai world.
I understand your disappointment, but I think he just meant that's all here under a single page, which Youtube doesn't offer. I think it's a nice idea and all and I appreciate the effort - to have all the information concerning an artist within a single page... I also doubt that they made this to sell more products but having said that, I think it's kind of pointless too, IMO Youtube is too much of a contender....I would rather they created a lessons page of some kind, or a site that would document Steve's progress in the studio, just something a bit different...

Bryceybhoy

#18 Post by Bryceybhoy » Mon May 23, 2011 7:11 am

I thought that's what we were originally getting, lessons. But instead it's just links to songsterr.

Updates on the album? Ha ha ha!!!!!

andre_f

#19 Post by andre_f » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:01 am

Sorry to resurrect an old thread here, but what's the deal with this anyway?

When I look at the site, all those 'functions' are gone, not to mention that the latest update is from April?

Has Guitar TV suffered from the same (infectious) illness as the Jewel Box (we're still waiting), or the new site (Andy asked me to sign up for a beta test over a year ago, haven't heard since).

Where

is

Everybody????

:?

-Dre