I am very excited to announce a new "news" page @ http://www.Vai.com/News
I suppose I should introduce myself as Vai.com's new MC. I have been working with Steve (and Pia!) on some very exciting internet-based projects and Steve pinged me about working on Vai.com. As a longtime fan of Vai.com and listener on the forum, I feel very honored and excited, and a large part of my excitement stems from wanting to bring you closer to Steve. In digging through the Vai.com files and folders, I immediately noticed Mikey's high attention to detail. I hope to continue to bring excellence to Vai.com.
Here are a few things to help gather information from various news sources with the goal of making Vai.com a central-hub for information, photos, videos, music to purchase and an integration of social media sharing tools.
1. News page organization: Now, each story has a unique link. If you want to share or bookmark a particular news update, simply click on the header and copy the link to pass along. Stories are now searchable and categorized. Want to see more "Live TV performances or "Steve's Equipment"? Click on the tag under the post header and you will see all of the news within that category. Head to the top right of the News page and do a search for anything. If it's mentioned in a story, it will populate.
2. Central Hub for News/New audiences: I think Vai.com forum members comprise some of the most dedicated fans and arguably know the most about Steve and his music-- therefore, by sharing our interest in Steve's music with other people who may also like Steve's music, it will allow a new audience to emerge. A simple but new feature makes it easy for you to share a story you like on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc. Just click the corresponding social media button after the body text within each story and your browser will guide you to your profile page to finish the post.
3. Facebook: If you've swung by Steve's Facebook Fan Page (http://www.facebook.com/stevevai
lately, you'll notice he's currently surrounded by over 270,000 fans. For the last month or so, Steve's page has been accumulating well over 1500 fans/day. I am excited to see Steve posting regularly and so I did a bit of a simple addition to the news page as a way to bring together the best info about Steve across his various channels, with Vai.com being home-base with the most information here. For now, Steve's social media-based news is available on the menu bar to the right through Steve's Facebook, Twitter, MySpace etc pages.
4. Archive: Previous news entries have been archived and are available here: http://www.vai.com/News/Archive
but this page won't be receiving any more updates so bookmark http://www.vai.com/News
5. New "surprise" features: I want you to know that I feel incredibly fortunate and honored to be working with Steve. I look forward to making additional improvements as we go and with so many incredible things going on with Steve, his projects, Favored Nations, top-secret projects and --well, everything, I want to bring you closer to Steve and if you can put up with a little geeky guy as you guide, I'll take you to the front row of the show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW9-vqqiRVs
). By the way, Jeroen has been incredibly helpful in providing feedback and I look forward to our friendship, and with whomever feels like shooting me a message. I'll do my best to respond even though I'm swamped with the coolest projects on earth! Thank you!!
PS. Right now, I'm at Jemfest X http://www.jemfest.com
where Steve taught and performed an astounding Alien Guitar Secrets Masterclass. Jemfest is a great event and I feel incredibly fortunate to be here (I'm in the bottom photo). I will keep you posted about when and where the rest of these photos (and other AGS/fan photos/live photos etc) will be posted.Update:
Images can be seen here http://www.vai.com/News/?p=468
(click on Kevan holding the Make a Noise Foundation check)