VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: News section updates!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:40 pm 

Hi Forum!

I am very excited to announce a new "news" page @ http://www.Vai.com/News
I suppose I should introduce myself as Vai.com's new MC. I have been working with Steve (and Pia!) on some very exciting internet-based projects and Steve pinged me about working on Vai.com. As a longtime fan of Vai.com and listener on the forum, I feel very honored and excited, and a large part of my excitement stems from wanting to bring you closer to Steve. In digging through the Vai.com files and folders, I immediately noticed Mikey's high attention to detail. I hope to continue to bring excellence to Vai.com.

Here are a few things to help gather information from various news sources with the goal of making Vai.com a central-hub for information, photos, videos, music to purchase and an integration of social media sharing tools.

1. News page organization: Now, each story has a unique link. If you want to share or bookmark a particular news update, simply click on the header and copy the link to pass along. Stories are now searchable and categorized. Want to see more "Live TV performances or "Steve's Equipment"? Click on the tag under the post header and you will see all of the news within that category. Head to the top right of the News page and do a search for anything. If it's mentioned in a story, it will populate.

2. Central Hub for News/New audiences: I think Vai.com forum members comprise some of the most dedicated fans and arguably know the most about Steve and his music-- therefore, by sharing our interest in Steve's music with other people who may also like Steve's music, it will allow a new audience to emerge. A simple but new feature makes it easy for you to share a story you like on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc. Just click the corresponding social media button after the body text within each story and your browser will guide you to your profile page to finish the post.

3. Facebook: If you've swung by Steve's Facebook Fan Page (http://www.facebook.com/stevevai lately, you'll notice he's currently surrounded by over 270,000 fans. For the last month or so, Steve's page has been accumulating well over 1500 fans/day. I am excited to see Steve posting regularly and so I did a bit of a simple addition to the news page as a way to bring together the best info about Steve across his various channels, with Vai.com being home-base with the most information here. For now, Steve's social media-based news is available on the menu bar to the right through Steve's Facebook, Twitter, MySpace etc pages.

4. Archive: Previous news entries have been archived and are available here: http://www.vai.com/News/Archive but this page won't be receiving any more updates so bookmark http://www.vai.com/News

5. New "surprise" features: I want you to know that I feel incredibly fortunate and honored to be working with Steve. I look forward to making additional improvements as we go and with so many incredible things going on with Steve, his projects, Favored Nations, top-secret projects and --well, everything, I want to bring you closer to Steve and if you can put up with a little geeky guy as you guide, I'll take you to the front row of the show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW9-vqqiRVs). By the way, Jeroen has been incredibly helpful in providing feedback and I look forward to our friendship, and with whomever feels like shooting me a message. I'll do my best to respond even though I'm swamped with the coolest projects on earth! Thank you!!

-Andy Alt

PS. Right now, I'm at Jemfest X http://www.jemfest.com where Steve taught and performed an astounding Alien Guitar Secrets Masterclass. Jemfest is a great event and I feel incredibly fortunate to be here (I'm in the bottom photo). I will keep you posted about when and where the rest of these photos (and other AGS/fan photos/live photos etc) will be posted.

Update: Images can be seen here http://www.vai.com/News/?p=468 (click on Kevan holding the Make a Noise Foundation check)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:12 am 

:wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:27 am 

Welcome aboard, Andy! Hope to meet you soon :)

- Christin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:16 am 

big warm welcome from me as well Andy ..hope to meet and chat with you on the
next tour .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:03 pm 
Newcomer

Great speaking with you at this weekends event Andy,
Can't wait to see what you have in store.

Great photos as well.

Peace.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:31 pm 

It was great meeting you at Jemfest, Andy. I'm really excited about the projects you're mentioning.

By the way, we never did get you that signature for the photo release! Going to have to fix that somehow, eh? ;)
(Yep -- I'm that guy with the custom Jem with the lighted fretboard.)

Peace,

Gary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:06 am 

I can already feel good "vaibrations". Welcome again, Andy! Thanks for what you're doing. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:21 pm 

Welcome aboard, Andy!

Oh, folks...don't let Andy try to fool you: he's a WICKED player too.
I've witnessed it in person. Scary good. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:30 pm 

For some reason a couple of the links on the new news page aren't working. "Latest News" sends me back to November 2009 when Steve appeared on VH1. Now the "Vai Store" doesn't work. It no longer connects to bandmerch. Did he finally sever his ties with that lousy company?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:09 am 

Welcome and thanks for the welcome welcoming!

Great youtube presentation.

Looking forward for the new improvments, they are always welcome!

I'm not a facebook afficionado so, I still use the news section on the official site. Also, not a downloader internet songs fan, I prefer the CD or DVD, so, hope to listen the new songs soon!!!

Welcome again, see you on tour!!!

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

Hope one of the welcoming improvments is put :mrgreen: on the chat room

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:51 pm 
Newcomer

Welcome to the Vai world. Nice pics btw. If you got time check out my new group, 9 songs are up for free streaming here:
http://www.reverbnation.com/dnadustinandafrim#

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:40 am 

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandyyyyyyyyyyyy

:P

lucky bastard!

:P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:38 pm 

Uh, it's 5 months on and I can't say I'm seeing any real improvement. In fact things have gone backwards. Time to lift your game "Aaaaaaaaandy".

- Balls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:54 am 

So right, Balls. Who cares about facebook anyway. Seems to me that Andy and Jeroen should get to it and start making those promises come true, or is this 'promises, promises' thing something that is contagious to anyone who works with Vai?

Dre.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:12 pm 

andre_f wrote:
So right, Balls. Who cares about facebook anyway. Seems to me that Andy and Jeroen should get to it and start making those promises come true, or is this 'promises, promises' thing something that is contagious to anyone who works with Vai?

Dre.

Andre, I can personally apologize for the delay-- there is a ton of stuff going on and it's being prioritized. Stick it out with us, it'll be worth it. Perhaps you would like to involved in the beta feedback/testing once the new site is running? If other users would like to get a peek too, hit me or Jeroen up. We're working on this very hard but it does take time. :)