Vai Festival Holland - Tickets for sale!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
ocuj

Re: Vai Festival Holland - Tickets for sale!

#46 Post by ocuj » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:51 am

Some hotels in Groningen for you guys. All links in English. All in walking distance from The Oosterpoort. Max 15 minutes hike.

http://www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/hotels/t ... ville.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.hampshire-groningen.nl/eng/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.edencityhotel.com/en/overview.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://english.martinihotel.nl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.schimmelpenninckhuys.nl/sph/ ... hp?lang=EN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.simplonjongerenhotel.nl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (cheap, but 15 minutes walk)
http://www.corpsdegarde.nl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And ofcourse: http://maps.google.nl/maps?um=1&ie=UTF- ... 5623663183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you need something cheaper, just write it here, and I will look for you. Also if you find a Dutch only, of Dutch/German hotel website, I'll check for you and give you the contact info.

Hope this will help you all!

lydian2000

#47 Post by lydian2000 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:55 am

Because of my work schedules around these dates I won't be able to be there, but big thanx for the very useful info, I just wanted to thank you for the gesture!

yes indeed Steve has been working on some NEW (orchestra-piece) material so attending these shows will definitely be something special!!

:)

:peace

ocuj

#48 Post by ocuj » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:00 am

lydian2000 wrote:Because of my work schedules around these dates I won't be able to be there, but big thanx for the very useful info, I just wanted to thank you for the gesture!
If that's meant for me, than you're very welcome. I'm sure anyone here would do the same, if the event was held in another country.

Seraphim

#49 Post by Seraphim » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:19 am

lydian2000 wrote:Because of my work schedules around these dates I won't be able to be there...
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
And with who I gonna practise mom Français?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ocuj wrote:If that's meant for me, than you're very welcome. I'm sure anyone here would do the same, if the event was held in another country.
Lydian2000 is right, but only this time :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . What you are doing here is very much appreciated by me too. Despite reading and check many other options by my own, because I'm not only gonna see Steve playing, I plan to travel in the arounds and gonna start the travel one week earlier to see Shadow Gallery in Belgium one week before Steve Show. Also, Groningen have lot's to see, already received maps and brochures that I've requested to Groningen Office Tourism.
And, yes, is a big gesture what you are doing here. High five to you!!!

Ohhh, about the hotel I gonna stay, I can only say in private, here don't. Or else my bank can find me and makes me pay the excessive credit card abuse :lol: :lol: :lol:
But like James Bond, I like Martinis :wink:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

Reno

#50 Post by Reno » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:09 am

so are we gonna get the chance to meet steve at any point of those 4 days?

and anyone takes they guitar with him?

ocuj

#51 Post by ocuj » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:45 am

Reno wrote:so are we gonna get the chance to meet steve at any point of those 4 days?

and anyone takes they guitar with him?
I think you have the biggest chance in the hotels. There's a chance he'll be staying in the Eden Hotel, Martini Hotel or Schimmelpenninck huis. These are the closest the Oosterpoort and rather luxurious. Besides that, most likely he'll be walking the city. Then, there's the radio broadcast which is in a small venue.

EyE

#52 Post by EyE » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:35 am

And here's the poster for for this event.. got it up on the walls here at work.

Reno

#53 Post by Reno » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:24 am

there, i fixed it :|

EyE

#54 Post by EyE » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:28 am

hehe

perfect!

Reno

#55 Post by Reno » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:38 am

nahhhh

kinda makes him look dangerous

i dont like it :shock:

killerqueen

#56 Post by killerqueen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:38 am

yey! we are meeting Steve, because my boyfriend is one of the 7 finalists of the naked tracks!!!
he already played on radio 6 (Dutch radio station) and plays on the 20th. His name is Jurgen Uthleb btw. I'm so proud!!
But I have no exact idea what he could win... there is a "prize package" and tickets for the shows.. and a chance to play on a radio show on sunday. But this package intrigues me... hope it contains a floral Jem (he only plays his les paul and I could really use one ;-)) but I'm sure it doesn't :lol:
maybe a private lesson or something?

ocuj

#57 Post by ocuj » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:34 am

killerqueen wrote:yey! we are meeting Steve, because my boyfriend is one of the 7 finalists of the naked tracks!!!
he already played on radio 6 (Dutch radio station) and plays on the 20th. His name is Jurgen Uthleb btw. I'm so proud!!
But I have no exact idea what he could win... there is a "prize package" and tickets for the shows.. and a chance to play on a radio show on sunday. But this package intrigues me... hope it contains a floral Jem (he only plays his les paul and I could really use one ;-)) but I'm sure it doesn't :lol:
maybe a private lesson or something?
Congrats! Really cool. I checked your boyfriend online, and his version of Crying Machine kicks ass. Hope he nails it in Groningen.

Le_Jurgôn
Newcomer

#58 Post by Le_Jurgôn » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks so much...I certainly hope that, too. 8) I'll do my best.

LucySorets

#59 Post by LucySorets » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:30 am

Hi everyone!

I will be there too ;-)
Got my tickets this morning :-) See you there!

Best regards & hugs,

Lucy

R1FSR

#60 Post by R1FSR » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Hey Lucy
hope we get to meet again ..maybe a proper chat this time :wink: