Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Message
Author
mainitz
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#46 Post by mainitz » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:06 pm

well I guess it will continue after the holland show, maybe with a little live record from holland ;) well... no, this could be an own live-album + dvd. I really hope that this concert will be available as dvd...

I think it would be coul if anyone official could tell us what about vaitunes. I´m sure they are reading these posts, so why do they not answer in any way ?

see you in groningen tomorrow and saturday !

jenarom
Member
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:21 am
Location: Monterrey, Mex

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#47 Post by jenarom » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:56 am

So, two full months have gone by, and still no new vaitunes tracks. :(
I really hope they don't let this die, because it was a great way to endure the long waits between albums.

Please, Steve or Andy, tell us something.

Prezidentman
Member
Member
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:33 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#48 Post by Prezidentman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 pm

Yeah, it's a shame...and it would be nice to get an official word from someone, but I guess Steve doesn't have time to work on the tunes while he's touring.

jenarom
Member
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:21 am
Location: Monterrey, Mex

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#49 Post by jenarom » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Well, back on April 15, more than 200 days ago, Steve posted on Twitter that he was already working on track #6! And that was before "The Moon and I" was released.

So my thinking is that he may have been working on a completely new track, very much like "The Moon and I", but he surely has other previously completed tracks.

I can think of some, such as thee previous vaitunes releases, the bonus track for RI:R called "The Boogie Man", and others.

So, what I'm wondering is if this endeavor hasn't been successful with the fans, which would be very sad, or it has been because of lack of time dedicated to the project.

Anyway, we don't really need to know inside information, but we would like to know if vaitunes will continue, because there are a lot of us that are anxious to get another vai-fix, while we wait for major releases, such as the upcoming 2011 studio album.

mainitz
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#50 Post by mainitz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

andy please tell us !!!
best,
johannes

Prezidentman
Member
Member
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:33 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#51 Post by Prezidentman » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:41 am

Nope...nothing happening here...

Balls2TheWall
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:04 am

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#52 Post by Balls2TheWall » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:35 pm

Ya know I gotta say I'm not very impressed with this Andy guy. Since he took over, Vai.com has totally gone to shit.

I don't need to see video of him filming himself in the mirror like some pathetic fanboy and spying on Steve practicing. Instead he should focus on fixing broken links, making the News page look more like Vai.com (instead of using the same free template I use on my blog), and spend more time answering fan questions here. We used to get all our questions answered by Mikey. Now, nothing.

Also I don't want to go to Facebook or Twitter to see what Steve is doing. Post that shit on Vai.com!

And yeah, it totally sucks that we were told to expect a VaiTunes track a month and first we were given mostly tracks that we'd heard before. Now that's not even happening. Just like all the other broken promises from Steve.

Steve is amazing and I've been a huge fan for years, but I think being a good fan is not just all kissing ass. It's also about calling an artist on their shit too.

- Balls.

User avatar
Bryceybhoy
Member
Member
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:28 am
Location: Glasgow

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#53 Post by Bryceybhoy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:17 am

Balls2TheWall wrote:Ya know I gotta say I'm not very impressed with this Andy guy. Since he took over, Vai.com has totally gone to shit.

I don't need to see video of him filming himself in the mirror like some pathetic fanboy and spying on Steve practicing. Instead he should focus on fixing broken links, making the News page look more like Vai.com (instead of using the same free template I use on my blog), and spend more time answering fan questions here. We used to get all our questions answered by Mikey. Now, nothing.

Also I don't want to go to Facebook or Twitter to see what Steve is doing. Post that shit on Vai.com!

And yeah, it totally sucks that we were told to expect a VaiTunes track a month and first we were given mostly tracks that we'd heard before. Now that's not even happening. Just like all the other broken promises from Steve.

Steve is amazing and I've been a huge fan for years, but I think being a good fan is not just all kissing ass. It's also about calling an artist on their shit too.

- Balls.
To be fair, that's not strictly true. The website hasn't gone to shit. The only thing that's changed is we don't get regular updates from "inside" Vai camp like we used to. Maybe things have changed behind the scenes that we don't know about. It's maybe unfair to attack Andy in that fashion.

I know you're frustrated, many of us feel the same, but there's no use in flinging mud just to vent your anger.

You've never met the new guy Andy, so to insult him here on the forum is out of order, wouldn't you agree?

User avatar
litlgrnman
Member
Member
Posts: 1073
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 5:15 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#54 Post by litlgrnman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:47 am

b o o h o o

Balls2TheWall
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:04 am

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#55 Post by Balls2TheWall » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Bryceybhoy wrote:To be fair, that's not strictly true. The website hasn't gone to shit. The only thing that's changed is we don't get regular updates from "inside" Vai camp like we used to. Maybe things have changed behind the scenes that we don't know about. It's maybe unfair to attack Andy in that fashion.

I know you're frustrated, many of us feel the same, but there's no use in flinging mud just to vent your anger.

You've never met the new guy Andy, so to insult him here on the forum is out of order, wouldn't you agree?
To be fair, I don't believe anyone could argue that there has been an improvement in Steve's website since he took over.
It's not an insult, it's a fair comment and observation. I don't need a fanboi personality to shepherd me through Steve's inner sanctum like he did in that video. I couldn't even work out why he put his name in the video title. It's not about him, it's about Steve. Point the camera at Steve - not at yourself. I don't care who's pressing the record button.

Update the site, don't make me have to sift through Facebook or Twitter for Steve's news. Post it on Vai.com.

- Balls

anuj
Member
Member
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:03 am
Location: san jose, ca, us
Contact:

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#56 Post by anuj » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:27 pm

You realize there's a forum right above this one which aggregates the news from facebook/twitter/the news page, right?

User avatar
litlgrnman
Member
Member
Posts: 1073
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 5:15 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#57 Post by litlgrnman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Perhaps Andy was making an attempt to introduce himself to the board. The video was made an posted around the time he was taking over for Mikey.

Maybe Andy could organize a cheese party go along with all the whine around here.

Nate from San Diego
Member
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:11 am
Location: Third of Nine Planets around the Sun

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#58 Post by Nate from San Diego » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:48 am

litlgrnman wrote:Maybe Andy could organize a cheese party go along with all the whine around here.
+1 :roll:

User avatar
RAI
Member
Member
Posts: 3195
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:23 pm
Location: Mooresville, NC
Contact:

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#59 Post by RAI » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:14 am

Mmmmmm, cheese.................................

User avatar
lydian2000
Member
Member
Posts: 1508
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 am
Location: Brittany, France.

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#60 Post by lydian2000 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwlBd8bGPmE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



:peace

Post Reply