Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
tk777

Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#1 Post by tk777 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:17 am

Whats going on with Vai Tunes? The first track was very cool and then we were told there was going to be more, one every month. That was nearly 3 months ago and there is still no sign of the second track. I know Mr.Vai and the people that work for him are busy people and want everything to be done perfect but I'm sure his fans don't enjoy having promises made to them which cannot be kept.

Prezidentman

Re: Whats going on with Vai Tunes ?

#2 Post by Prezidentman » Tue May 04, 2010 8:20 am

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing...but I think they said something like "hopefully one new track each month"....
in reality it'll probably be more like every 2 to 3 months...I know the Vai camp handle most of these
things themselves and there's a lot that can slow down the releases...so after the multiple WTWTA dvd release issues
I'm not surprised by this at all.

Ugur Dariveren

#3 Post by Ugur Dariveren » Thu May 06, 2010 10:22 am

Releasing a song can took a lot of time sometimes. Be patient :)

sunai

#4 Post by sunai » Thu May 06, 2010 11:15 am

the next one's coming out soon i think. Called the moon and i , read it somewhere. Let me see if i can find the link :D

Petie

#5 Post by Petie » Thu May 06, 2010 1:44 pm

I just bought The Moon And I on eMusic. :)

pauldlr

#6 Post by pauldlr » Thu May 06, 2010 10:17 pm

yep, got it on amazon uk :D

tk777

#7 Post by tk777 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:36 am

Is it on itunes yet ?

prman

#8 Post by prman » Fri May 07, 2010 11:37 am

With ALL RESPECT to Steve, I get the vibe that with all the unfinished projects (Passion & Warfare -book, The Jewel Box, Real Illusions trilogy, VaiTunes + many others) Steve may easily get excited with his ideas and eventually doesn´t have the time to bring them into reality. Luckily he has the tendency to surprise us...

RM

#9 Post by RM » Sat May 08, 2010 3:30 am

prman wrote:With ALL RESPECT to Steve, I get the vibe that with all the unfinished projects (Passion & Warfare -book, The Jewel Box, Real Illusions trilogy, VaiTunes + many others) Steve may easily get excited with his ideas and eventually doesn´t have the time to bring them into reality. Luckily he has the tendency to surprise us...
I can assure you that the VaiTunes scheme is alive - just you wait for The Moon and I, it is beautiful. I have also read that Steve has been working on track number 6. Just be patient!

The Jewel Box will be finished over time too, I'm sure, as will the trilogy.

The only one I doubt now is the Passion and Warfare book, but who needs that?! We already have the audio book!

ocuj

#10 Post by ocuj » Sat May 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Couldn't find it yet in itunes. Amazon had it, but their downloadstore is closed for the Netherlands. Preview was really nice though. Can't wait.

ocuj

#11 Post by ocuj » Thu May 13, 2010 1:12 am

The song is on iTunes. Only, if I want to buy the "album" (song + booklet), I have to pay € 8,99. What the...? Only the song is € 0,99. Is this a mistake? How can this be solved? I'd like to have the booklet, but I'm not going to pay € 7,99 for it. This is about the Dutch iTunes store. Do other regions have the same issue?

Samuele

#12 Post by Samuele » Thu May 13, 2010 1:57 am

ocuj wrote:The song is on iTunes. Only, if I want to buy the "album" (song + booklet), I have to pay € 8,99. What the...? Only the song is € 0,99. Is this a mistake? How can this be solved? I'd like to have the booklet, but I'm not going to pay € 7,99 for it. This is about the Dutch iTunes store. Do other regions have the same issue?
The PDF booklet for "Without Me" is available on the VaiTunes page on vai.com, so maybe the booklets for the following songs will be available here, too. Maybe you could buy just the track on iTunes and then wait for Mikey to update the VaiTunes page.

Pif

#13 Post by Pif » Thu May 13, 2010 4:47 am

I have the same problem, but am from the same region (Belgium). Having the pdf booklet as a free download on vai.com seems fair. iTunes are selling it for 0,50€ on Without Me, which is already too much considering they're more expensive than amazon on the track itself... And, if I'm correct, are overall the most leonine partner in digital distribution. Well.

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by Jeroen » Thu May 13, 2010 7:35 am

I think the 8.99 was an iTunes issue. It's .99 Eurocents now. Go get it :)
J

ocuj

#15 Post by ocuj » Thu May 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Jeroen wrote:I think the 8.99 was an iTunes issue. It's .99 Eurocents now. Go get it :)
J
Not was, i'm afraid. It still is. The seperate song is .99 cents, the whole album (song + digital booklet) 8.99. I already bought the song. Couldn't wait. Is there a way to get the booklet any other way? Legally that is.

By the way, the song is great.