Vai have a Little Feat influence?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
nato101010

Just wondering if anyone knows if Steve listened to Little Feat at all. "The Boy From Seattle" really really sounds like "One Clear Moment" by Little Feat, and I've heard general influences that seems to pop up everywhere. I listen to Steve, hear tonnes of dynamics, from bringing a song to barley audible, to blow-your-head-off-loud. All of Little Feats' live performances were like this. Maybe its just me. Anyone to comment?
PSD

nato101010 wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows if Steve listened to Little Feat at all. "The Boy From Seattle" really really sounds like "One Clear Moment" by Little Feat, and I've heard general influences that seems to pop up everywhere. I listen to Steve, hear tonnes of dynamics, from bringing a song to barley audible, to blow-your-head-off-loud. All of Little Feats' live performances were like this. Maybe its just me. Anyone to comment?
Never heard Steve reference Little Feat as an influence. Not saying that they absolutely weren't but Steve cites Led Zep and a lot of the mid-70s hard rock/progressive bands like Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Yes, etc. most often.