Lucky Charms

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
pdruh

Hey Guys! Wassup?
I've just seen this video on Youtube, of Steve playing Lucky Charms on the Sound Theories Tour
with his Guitar/Acoustic Double Neck Guitar, and it's just awesome!
Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrkSvAXjkvw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And I wish to know, why he didn't played it on Mineapolis for the DVD, and if anyone here have some footage of this music on this tour I would be very thrilled on watching it!
Thank you guys so much!
Pedro Werner
Seraphim

The "why" don't know but can tell you that I saw many Sound Theories Tour concerts and this song have been performed once in the concerts I saw.
Let's see, I saw concert #2 of the tour, then only after concert #10. This clip is from concert #4. So, maybe the guitar is out of tune? :mrgreen:
The perfomance I saw, sounded perfect to me :guitar And it's a beautifull song that I would love to see again.
Not much help but...

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
pdruh

Thanks anyway Seraphim!
It's always good to hear replys and stories from members of this forum :wink:
Peace!
PSD

Greetings. I asked Steve about Lucky Charms at the NYC EVO experience. He said he wasn't happy with it in rehearsal. He took it out of the set list (or never put it in) because they couldn't perform the song to a level that Steve was happy with. Not a criticism of his band mates per se, but a demonstration of Steve's very critical ear for the performance.
Seraphim

Greetings P :)
That was really a good question and thanks for your replay.
Also, I believe the same happened with "The Atitude Song".

Ohhh, and good to ear something from you P and greetings from the other side of the pond :wink:

b2

Oh... that was a little sad. Lucky Charms is one of my favourite Vai songs.
But great to hear they gave it a try. Maybe later one day.
pdruh

Yeah! Thank you guys for the replies and answers about my question!
Warm Regards from Brazil :peace
PSD

Seraphim wrote:Greetings P :)
That was really a good question and thanks for your replay.
Also, I believe the same happened with "The Atitude Song".

Ohhh, and good to ear something from you P and greetings from the other side of the pond :wink:

Seraphim - Yes it has been a long time. I'm still lurking, just busy with other things and don't post as much. Still absorbing all things Vai, but he hasn't been to the East Coast in awhile. He did make 2 in-store appearances for the DVD release but I was unable to attend either. I picked up the DVD/CD in advance. Great memories of spending a great day in NY with the crazy redheads and EyE, among others. I hope he tours in 2010 and we hear some new material as well.

Cheers from NY my friend!
prman

Too bad that this one didn´t make it to the DVD. It´s one of my Vai favourites. Also "Melissa´s Garden" would have been awesome to hear with this band.
Ugur Dariveren

Melissa's Garden would be great.