Band Merch shipping debacle

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
gator8her
Newcomer

Let me clarify for at least myself.. It is not a matter of impatience.

Its a matter of lack of business fluidity that disturbs me the most when any other companies I've dealt with can do it competently.

I think there is a certain level of expectation based off previous experiences in purchasing and this experience has fallen far short. That is all. No drama, no hype. We all know the end product will be worth any wait but this isnt Shangri la I ordered. It was a music purchase with an expection of a timely delivery.

May your fortunes find you faster than BandMerch can deliver your music. :)

Jim
yegap

I got it on Saturday, well worth the wait, I'll post my review Tuesday. I'm sure Mikey and the gang will be thrilled not to hear me moan.
Thanks for listening. :headbang :headbang :headbang
RRWG
Newcomer

yegap wrote:I got it on Saturday, well worth the wait, I'll post my review Tuesday. I'm sure Mikey and the gang will be thrilled not to hear me moan.
I'm still holding out hope for Monday Image
Jeries

all this trashing band merch- i might as well put in my two cents

i TRIED to buy the dvd/cd
i really did...

it wouldn't me (this was 1 day and 2 days before Mikey said it sold out)

i filled out everything and tried to submit but every time it said MISSING SECURITY KEY even thought it was there.
i tried several times then an hour or two later then the next day- somewhere in the mix i brought it to mikeys attention and he suggested using a different browser so i did and did it on a different computer and the same thing happend.

and then a day or 2 later it was sold out-
so i just bought mine (at midnight) at the only record store open till midnight
egratteau

yegap wrote:I got it on Saturday, well worth the wait, I'll post my review Tuesday. I'm sure Mikey and the gang will be thrilled not to hear me moan.
I'm glad you got your order. I know mine will arrive when it arrives.

Mine is still in the UPS Mail Innovations cycle. It hasn't even entered into the USPS yet. It's been 6 days since it "shipped" from BandMerch and it's still a state away. Today is Monday...maybe by the weekend? :|
yegap

God bless you. You have a lot more patients then me. I hope everyone involved learned something from this process or lack of process. Good luck and believe me, you will be amazed when you see and hear it. :D
RRWG
Newcomer

So this "UPS Mail Innovations" ships stuff 1/2 way and then mails it? Why not just post it Priority Mail in the first place? It would be cheaper and take less time :evil:
Oct 2 2009 Manifested (Postage Paid)
385 miles away on Friday :|
Marcus

Hooray! My wife called to let me know the eagle had landed.

I will likely have a late night, as the Packers are playing the Vikings tonight. I live just outside of Green Bay and this game is a cultural "must see" here.

I am psyched to see this show.

Marc
RRWG
Newcomer

Nothing from the postman today
ClarkyNZ

Mine has made it to New Zealand already!!!!!!!!

8)
Tom

Mine arrived Monday afternoon with return address as "Projekt Revolution Store" in Illinois.

Very excited to watch this and since I can't wait til after work I may have to inflict "Freak Show Excess" on my office mates here. Or maybe "Die to Live" - that performance was epic when I caught the live show. Review later.

Glad you got yours too yegap.
TRIDS

It says that mine was given to usps on friday so why i haven't i gotten it yet.....and why did i pay for expensive shipping when the regular mail was going to do it anyway???? this is so fucken frustrating.....
egratteau

Well, my lovely wife just handed me my BandMerch package. With great eagerness I opened it up like an 8 year old getting a new Transformer for Christmas. Much to my dismay the CD and DVD was torn all to hell. After bouncing around for 7 days together in a simple bubble envelope, both the CD and DVD sleeves have been rubbed raw, beat up, scraped and had the corners rounded off. I can't even read all of the track listings on the back of each sleeve. Track 17 of the DVD is "(something) ISLAND." "DISK 2" reads as "D___K 2" and all the corners are rubbed white and crushed in. The CD has an 11 track named "G__Y 7." Also, whoever put it in the envelope must have been eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, because there is shit all over it. Hardly the glossy new product I was hoping for.

Obviously it's what's inside that matters. The disks themselves seem fine and the insert with Steve's signature is crisp and new. I look forward to watching and listening; and as usual I'm sure Steve won't disappoint. I guess I should have learned my lesson when I ordered the Flexable package from BandMerch and the record sleeve arrived with a crushed in corner.

What a let-down.
Last edited by egratteau on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RRWG
Newcomer

egratteau wrote:Well, my lovely wife just handed me my BandMerch package. With great eagerness I opened it up like an 8 year old getting a new Transformer for Christmas. Much to my dismay the CD and DVD was torn all to hell. After bouncing around for 7 days together in a simple bubble envelope, both the CD and DVD sleeves have been rubbed raw, beat up, scraped and had the corners rounded off. I can't even read all of the track listings on the back of each sleeve. Track 17 of the DVD is "(something) ISLAND." "DISK 2" reads as "D___K 2" and all the corners are white with crushed in corners. The CD has an 11 track named "G__Y 7." Also, whoever put it in the envelope must have been eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, because there is shit all over it. Hardly the glossy new product I was hoping for.

Obviously it's what's inside that matters. The disks themselves seem fine and the insert with Steve's signature is crisp and new. I look forward to watching and listening; and as usual I'm sure Steve won't disappoint. I guess I should have learned my lesson when I ordered the Flexable package from BandMerch and the record sleeve arrived with a crushed in corner.

What a let-down.

Man, that sucks. Take pics and post em !
gator8her
Newcomer

Sorry to hear about your crushed package mate. I know what a let down that can be when you open it up.

I just checked my mail and still nothing. Im going to head over to the music store or Best Buy and just buy another copy.

On the plus side, it supports the amazing efforts of Mr. Vai and I will bequeath the unsigned copy to a friend in hopes of turning him one to some incredible aural pleasure (sorry, couldnt help myself) .

Cheers all.