Hey Mikey

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
yegap

I looked on the Band Merch web site to see where my order is (DVD/CD) It said it was on backorder, how could that possibly be when today is the release date. I ordered it on 9/10.
:( :( :(
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

yegap wrote:I looked on the Band Merch web site to see where my order is (DVD/CD) It said it was on backorder, how could that possibly be when today is the release date. I ordered it on 9/10.
:( :( :(
I suggest you contact them. Sometimes order status messages can be confusing though, so they'd be able to help.

Mikey
vai.com
DomitianX

Over sold?
yegap

I did contact them also, I am awaiting a reply. Thanks for answering me. I can't wait, I'm bitting at the bit. :headbang
yegap

I thought it would be nice to have another autograph of Steve for my collection. Thats why I pre-ordered it. (and for the extra download). Next time I'll be patient and get it in Best Buy. At least I'll get it on the release date. I feel beat.
anuj

Sigh. Same situation. :/

~A
yegap

Haven't heard from band merch yet. This is really really wrong. Someone needs to straighten this out somehow. You order it in good faith to at least get it on the release date only to be dissapointed. Just not right.
Prezidentman

THis sucks big time, I ordered through Amazon and the dvd shipped yesterday, so I can't complain.
mayuka

It's not Steve's or Mikey's fault, its not Band Merch's either. It just hasn't been recieved by them yet. It's the Postal service or whoever Mr. Vai chose to send the dvd's and cd's to band merch. Just keep being patient and don't get all agrivated, or else Mikey and Steve won't do cool things like this again. Just be thankful he's taking some time to do somthing special for us.

Thanks for ya'lls hard work guys :)
anuj

^^ Heh, well, it's gotta be someone's responsibility, no?

It's a pretty straightforward business/customer relationship. I don't think voicing disappointment in any way takes away from our (or well, my) appreciation for what Steve and the guys do. :) As for being patient - what option do I have? Would've been cool to have gotten it on release day like the unwashed, non pre-ordering masses will... is all. Hell, I'm gonna be getting the Blu-Ray too, but this time, I'll probably stick with brick&mortar retail or Amazon, given that this isn't the first time BandMerch has screwed up a Steve order for me.

~A
Last edited by anuj on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
yegap

I just got a eta. shipping of 10/1. Band Merch did not receive pkg. in time. Really bad planning no matter who's at fault. s_ _ t happens. Just have to look at all the clips on you-tube. Thanks...... :( :( :( :(. Love you anyway Steve. PS I like the violins.
DomitianX

anuj wrote:^^ Heh, well, it's gotta be someone's responsibility, no?

I don't think voicing disappointment in any way takes away from our (or well, my) appreciation for what Steve and the guys do. :) Somehow, the ball got dropped here by, well, whoever dropped it - is all.

~A
Kill The Guy With The Ball!

:guitar
TRIDS

i agree man this sucks to get burned like this can anybody give me an explanation of why its back ordered when i ordered it like a month ago?
DomitianX

TRIDS wrote:i agree man this sucks to get burned like this can anybody give me an explanation of why its back ordered when i ordered it like a month ago?
Yeah, BandMerch hasnt received the DVDs yet so they cant ship them yet. Dudes are getting them at Best Buy, Amazon etc, but if you ordered the pre-release autographed one from BandMerch, they apparently havent received the DVDs yet.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

mayuka wrote:It's not Steve's or Mikey's fault, its not Band Merch's either. It just hasn't been recieved by them yet. It's the Postal service or whoever Mr. Vai chose to send the dvd's and cd's to band merch. Just keep being patient and don't get all agrivated, or else Mikey and Steve won't do cool things like this again. Just be thankful he's taking some time to do somthing special for us.

Thanks for ya'lls hard work guys :)
Please note that someone posted something that Bandmerch hadn't received the DVD/CDs yet, or so they were told by someone at bandmerch. This is not true. Bandmerch have the DVD/CDs.

I'm looking into it, but in the meantime, keep cool.

Mikey
vai.com