VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:21 pm 

Ekim wrote:
How soon after you completed your preorders did you get the confirmation email? I still have not received anything indicating my order exists (although I was certainly charged quickly enough).

I received the email confirmation shortly after buying the package, actually I received it immediately!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:48 pm 

Bandmerch's customer service could use some work.

I still have received ZERO email traffic from Bandmerch. No order confirmation, no download link. Nothing. (And yes, I always check my spam folder.)

My order was made 9-17 and is showing as "Active" according to Bandmerch's own site.

I even used the "contact us" page for info and they're not responding to that either. And they don't even have the courtesy to list a phone number.

I ordered in plenty of time before the "last chance" notice went out. I should get the download and the autograph.

What gives?

Anyone else having similar problems?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:37 pm 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Ekim wrote:
Bandmerch's customer service could use some work.

I still have received ZERO email traffic from Bandmerch. No order confirmation, no download link. Nothing. (And yes, I always check my spam folder.)

My order was made 9-17 and is showing as "Active" according to Bandmerch's own site.

I even used the "contact us" page for info and they're not responding to that either. And they don't even have the courtesy to list a phone number.

I ordered in plenty of time before the "last chance" notice went out. I should get the download and the autograph.

What gives?

Anyone else having similar problems?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Mike. I'll have Bandmerch look into it immediately.

Please let me know if you don't hear from them in the next 24 hours.

Thanks,

Mikey
vai.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:07 pm 

Nada. Zippo. Nothing. Zilch.

I'm sending my order # via PM momentarily.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:31 am 
Newcomer

Ordered mine (CD/DVD package incl. download) on Sep. 20 at BandMerchStore.
Sep. 22 my order was cancelled with no explaination. I mailed them about it, but after waiting a week without an answer, I decided to order it once again, (on Sep. 29 in order to have the chance for getting the download as well).
It got cancelled once more - This time I contacted them by phone - The reason for the cancellation is that I have a letter in my name, which doesn't fit with the international alphabet - and so it doesn't fit with BandMerchStore's system.
I was told that the solution would be to change the one letter in my name on my VISA card - which I will not, as I have never experienced problems elsewhere.
I have now succesfully ordered both the CD & DVD via another company and the CD is already on the way.

Any chance of getting hands on the download? :?:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:32 am 
Newcomer

I missed out on the pre-order and the WTOWTA download. :(
Will the tracks be made available some other way? (I don't need the Blu-Ray; already bought the DVD)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:49 pm 

Thanks so much for the downloadable tracks! they are great

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:48 am 
Newcomer

I've listened to this album now and I still don't understand why Vai but this band together at all. Back when Steve originally announced the tour and said that he would have two fiddle players in the band, I decided to skip this tour. After listening to this album I think my gut feeling was right. The violins simply sound awful most of the time and is Wiener even on this record at all?

Regards

André

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:49 am 

fettouhi wrote:
I've listened to this album now and I still don't understand why Vai but this band together at all. Back when Steve originally announced the tour and said that he would have two fiddle players in the band, I decided to skip this tour. After listening to this album I think my gut feeling was right. The violins simply sound awful most of the time and is Wiener even on this record at all?

Regards

André

too bad for you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:25 am 

fettouhi wrote:
and is Wiener even on this record at all?

Regards

André

haha i wonder that myself ha =p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:06 am 

I seriously think you guys might be crazy, Dave is all over this thing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:42 am 

fettouhi wrote:

Regards

André

Every single word of this post suggests to me that you have inhaled/digested an illegal substance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:41 am 
Newcomer

GYiakoumi wrote:
fettouhi wrote:

Regards

André

Every single word of this post suggests to me that you have inhaled/digested an illegal substance.

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:42 am 
Newcomer

Brakkum wrote:
I seriously think you guys might be crazy, Dave is all over this thing.

Now I know you are crazy ;).

Regards

André

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:41 am 
Newcomer

Hello String Theories,
I would like to respond with sincere gratitude for all the fantastic tracks on, "Where the Other Wild Things Are." My future hours of respite from work and study will be delightful, cheers and peace from Canada! :D