VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:53 am 
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

For those who have pre-ordered the new DVD and CD and have downloaded the bonus CD "Where The Other WIld Things Are"!

Post your reviews here!

Mikey
vai.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:26 pm 

phenomenal, and thats to say the very lest. Another great job Steve! you and your gang here has been great. can't wait for the dvd!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:24 pm 

The genius of Vai - the artist who keeps on giving. Once again the immediate environs of my physical being have reverberated with the nuances and surprises of a new Vai masterpiece. To have such high quality work given away is almost insane, but hey, isn't that why we love the long-fingered love-freak of lydian-fretwork anyway? Any artist who rides the blade - teetering on the edge between sheer brilliance and utter insantity for so long is rare, let alone one who continually offers up such gems.

Chapeau!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:34 pm 

I'm loving it so far!!! This download idea is great! I can't wait for the CD DVD and Blu-ray but these downloads should help pass the time. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:21 am 

I'm listening to it right now. Fantastic stuff might I say and I can't waite for the bundle to arrive. Thanks so much! :)

John

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:06 am 

Awesome stuff! hearing those tracks for the firts time is always special, can't wait to get the DVD to see what the "beastly rap" looks like!

My favourite has to be apples in pradise for now but tha may change along the next few weeks!

Thanx a lot to Mikey and to everyone @vai.com for the time and effort, to make us wait with much more than a "bone"!!

:)

:headbang :guitar

:peace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:10 am 

I was fortunate enough to have attended this very show and this will tide me over until the cd/dvd combo arrives! Whispering a Prayer is as amazing as I remember!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:32 pm 

This is a very cool way of giving the fans something more. Thanks, Steve & Mikey & everyone else involved!

I´m still in the process of consuming the music so it´s too early for me to say anything about it. However, the mix of the album sounds very pleasing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:54 am 
Newcomer

Is the offer for the download going to be available for the Blue Ray also?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:12 am 

I've downloaded this and am loving the tunes!! Aaah it reminds me of the show I saw in Hammersmith :D Can't wait for the DVD!! :D :headbang :guitar

The booklet is great too. It made me smile when I read:

"There are people who probably wouldn’t mind hearing live tracks - versions of which have been released previously -take on a new dimension when performed by the very stellar ‘String Theories Band’."

I am indeed one of those (many many) people and I thank you for the audible delights!

It sounds fantastic!! The Murder sounds fantastic! It all sounds fantastic!!

Get 'em while they're hot!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:18 am 

I downloaded both the MP3 and VAW files, it took 50 minutes total. Nice!

The first thing that struck me, is the stunningly high quality of the audio and mix. I can hear every note coming from every player on the stage, loud and clear - It's like I had seven ears each one very close to one of the band members (if that makes any sense at all)! Besides the fact that the show was obviously recorded with some very good equipment, Steve must also have spent a lot of time mixing it and getting it right. To my memory, these are Steve's best live audio tracks so far.

I agree with Steve's choice of previously unreleased live versions for the songs on the CD, it's more interesting that way, but I also find it so cool that Steve let us have the other songs too. (Personally, I always crave and constantly look for any new material from Steve) Please don't make fun of me if I, again, say that I believe these are Steve's best live versions of these songs to date. I can hear him constantly trying to push them further, going deeper and deeper - especially the ballads!

After 14 years of being a fan, I didn't expect it to happen again (after so many times, to be honest), but when I heard "Whispering A Prayer" and "For The Love Of God", I literally had tears in my eyes. No kidding. I can only imagine what will happen when I see the DVD.

Also, the violin solos are great, you definitely recognize Annie's and Alex's parts, and the Beastly Rap is good fun, too.

Steve, thank you so much for giving these songs to us!

Mikey, thank you so much for helping Steve do that!

Again, this is all so exciting! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:16 pm 

Hi, when i first listen to WTOWTA, I just felt me "in the zone" again.

I mean, it brings me back to the show in Bourbon Street SP, Brazil,2007

THE BEST SHOW OF MY LIFE!!!!!

and I'm listening to the WTOWTA album all the day...

my day is like, studying guitar, studying music, listen to WTOWTA and after that just play guitar with all the inspiration that this album give to me.

I'm looking foward to see the DVD and feel this more and more!

I'm so happy, I can't explain it in words, I just have to thanks everybody that makes the 2007 tour and this DVD&CD possible

I'm just in love with the WTOWTA.

The show that i was is in my memory, and this DVD(DVD,CDs) is the key that unlocks this memorys, and I feel everything again, the EVO Experience, the Show, the music, the show that i was changed my life, and this DVD bring all this memories back.

I'm in heaven

Thank You

Sorry any english mistakes.

I Hope you understand me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:38 pm 

Saxon's review

I love dancing in the abyss because Steve Vai got some Titan Powers from the lights to the guitar.
I love the murder because it was the best song.
I love earthquake sky because I liked it. :D

Saxon's mum's review

I like the hours of noise while Saxon plays along to earthquake sky on the drums. lol

I wish I had Titan Powers....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:47 pm 

lydian2000 wrote:
Awesome stuff! hearing those tracks for the firts time is always special, can't wait to get the DVD to see what the "beastly rap" looks like!

My favourite has to be apples in pradise for now but tha may change along the next few weeks!

Thanx a lot to Mikey and to everyone @vai.com for the time and effort, to make us wait with much more than a "bone"!!

:)

:headbang :guitar

:peace

I took some pics of the "beastly rap" in the show here in Brazil........ Enjoy:

When i listen to the Beastly Rap, I go back to this moment.
:D
My camera was not a good one, so the photos quality is poor, but i love this photos anyway

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:26 am 

How soon after you completed your preorders did you get the confirmation email? I still have not received anything indicating my order exists (although I was certainly charged quickly enough).