Anyone else who owns "the secret jewel box" able to assist?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
arthur071169
Newcomer

Anyone else who owns "the secret jewel box" able to assist?

#1 Post by arthur071169 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:58 pm

EDIT: just a thought - is this posted in the correct area? If not, Administrator, feel free to relocate!

Back in 2003 I bought one of the above.
It comes with 3 cd's - each with a letter at the top of the spine to presumably spell out a phrase.
I am now in a position to buy the remaining 'currently available' discs that are meant to populate the box set.
Can someone tell me...
A) which discs from the currently available ones online are intended for the box.
B) because of the letters on the spine, are there 'special' versions of the disc that are to be purchased for the box that keeps the theme going?
C) Does steve still intend creating the book (100 page? as advertised here... http://www.vai.com/boxset/about.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) that will be available to everyone who purchases all the disc for the box set?

I have the confirmation, and delivery receipt form the initial purchase, but that wa handled by "Musictoday", Charlottesville, VA. I think the current online shop company has changed, so how will steve and all relevant parties know who to contact to say "book is ready!"
I have been buying other items (metropole orkest DVD, 'normal' albums etc..) and finally dusted off the box set. It needs it's friends bought to keep it company.
Mr Vai? Help!!!!
Any help from either a fellow owner, or someone more 'in the know' appreciated in this matter.
Kind regards,
Arthur Gill.

RickAllen

Re: Anyone else who owns "the secret jewel box" able to assist?

#2 Post by RickAllen » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:46 am

I don't know any more about it than you, but by the time it's done cd's will be a thing of the past.

Still love ya Steve.

rampagingsloth
Newcomer

#3 Post by rampagingsloth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Did you happen to unscrew the bottom off to reveal the "secret?"

arthur071169
Newcomer

#4 Post by arthur071169 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:03 am

I did unscrew the bottom. :)
In fact I listened to it fairly recently, which prompted me to try to get an answer to my question about getting the remaining disc at present... and also to prompt someone to answer if Steve is still intending creating the acompanying book. I am surprised at the lack of replies, is my question in the correct part of the message board?

Regards,
Arthur.

arthur071169
Newcomer

#5 Post by arthur071169 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 pm

Well, no joy posting to this forum... is this thread bumpable to another more 'merch' related thread?

RAI

#6 Post by RAI » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:11 am

No one is answering, because no one has the answer....

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#7 Post by Mikey » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:45 am

arthur071169 wrote:EDIT: just a thought - is this posted in the correct area? If not, Administrator, feel free to relocate!

Back in 2003 I bought one of the above.
It comes with 3 cd's - each with a letter at the top of the spine to presumably spell out a phrase.
I am now in a position to buy the remaining 'currently available' discs that are meant to populate the box set.
Can someone tell me...
A) which discs from the currently available ones online are intended for the box.
B) because of the letters on the spine, are there 'special' versions of the disc that are to be purchased for the box that keeps the theme going?
C) Does steve still intend creating the book (100 page? as advertised here... http://www.vai.com/boxset/about.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) that will be available to everyone who purchases all the disc for the box set?

I have the confirmation, and delivery receipt form the initial purchase, but that wa handled by "Musictoday", Charlottesville, VA. I think the current online shop company has changed, so how will steve and all relevant parties know who to contact to say "book is ready!"
I have been buying other items (metropole orkest DVD, 'normal' albums etc..) and finally dusted off the box set. It needs it's friends bought to keep it company.
Mr Vai? Help!!!!
Any help from either a fellow owner, or someone more 'in the know' appreciated in this matter.
Kind regards,
Arthur Gill.
Hi Arthur,

Apologies for the delay in replying - but we're all very busy here working on the upcoming DVD and the premiere screening.

Following should answer your questions:

The following discs are intended for the box:

- Elusive Light And SOund (included)
- Alcatrazz - Disturbing the Peace (included)
- Archives Vol. 2 Music of Frank Zappa (included)

- Archives Vol. 3 - Mystery Tracks
- Archives Vol. 4 - Various Artists
- Piano Reductions/Mike Keneally

The letters on the spines are included in all the discs above.

Yes - we're going to have to figure out the booklet, because we have long since changed vendors for our merch, but the best way will be to simply include a 100 page booklet with the final CD.

Not sure when the next discs will be released. It's all down to Steve.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com

arthur071169
Newcomer

#8 Post by arthur071169 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:30 am

:)
Delay aside, I am happy that I have a reply.
Thanks for the news on the discs (and spine lettering info) , and the update on the booklet (as a concept).
I now have 3 discs to ask the missus for as an Xmas stocking filler.
I see next month (payday) a purchase being made.
:)
I am also looking forward to the Blu-ray.. Odd it is not 1080P (I thought all Bluray discs were as a standard.), but I am not bothered as the chance of a new clean hi quality (visual and audio) recording is always the most important part - technical part aside.

Once again, I appreciate your reply. Patience is indeed a virtue.

Regards,
Arthur.

arthur071169
Newcomer

#9 Post by arthur071169 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:58 am

Hi there, I hope you had a great holiday.
Quick question, As santa (ok the wife) was kind enough to buy for me the archives 3 and 4 (I will get piano.. later this spring), I also ordered from an online store 'Archives vol 1'.
You do not say that this should be in the box, and it does not have the lettered spine. Was this intentional?
It is strange that vol 1 is not intended for the box, yes 2 onwards is..
any 'light' you can shed on this would be appreciated.
Kind regards,
Arthur,.

Quote your reply...
Following should answer your questions:

The following discs are intended for the box:

- Elusive Light And SOund (included)
- Alcatrazz - Disturbing the Peace (included)
- Archives Vol. 2 Music of Frank Zappa (included)

- Archives Vol. 3 - Mystery Tracks
- Archives Vol. 4 - Various Artists
- Piano Reductions/Mike Keneally

The letters on the spines are included in all the discs above.

Yes - we're going to have to figure out the booklet, because we have long since changed vendors for our merch, but the best way will be to simply include a 100 page booklet with the final CD.

Not sure when the next discs will be released. It's all down to Steve.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com[/quote]

HeBoMan

#10 Post by HeBoMan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:15 am