the "WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE"-dvd thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Kilar

Has anyone in Australia got there hands on this DVD yet?
My local JB Hifi and WOW store ain't got it int yet. I asked at JB and they said they had it on order, that was nearly two weeks ago and they stll haven't got it in yet... So that made me wonder if its actually available in Australia yet...
ClarkyNZ

My pre-order arrived here in NZ earlier this week.
Samuele

It took less than two days for my preorder to reach my town. Amazing. I love it so much I could explode. I'll be posting my thoughts soon in the review thread.

There is a national bookshop and CD/DVD store chain in Italy which will have the DVD and CD, I guess in the coming days, and they also ship. These are the links:

"Where The Wild Things Are" DVD
http://www.lafeltrinelli.it/products/06 ... Steve.html

"Where The Wild Things Are" CD
http://www.lafeltrinelli.it/products/06 ... Steve.html

There is a link at the bottom of each page that allows you to check the availability in the local retail stores ("Verifica la disponibilità nei punti vendita").
Patill

quick question, is there a little hidden secret or something in this DVD :)?

To me the "behind the scenes" seems to be a little not so much, since it´s only interviews. I exopected more something of the guys at work, soundcheck etc.. I saw one of Steves sound checks once and it was very intersting.

But the live show is so great!!!!!!!
U:SaGa
Newcomer

Hello Mikey,

Sorry, but i'd like to know if the blu-ray pre-order with the autograph of steve is already finished or not ?
Apparently the Blu-Ray is now listed for November 11, but we have no news about the pre-order package.

Thank you for your help.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Patill wrote:quick question, is there a little hidden secret or something in this DVD :)?

To me the "behind the scenes" seems to be a little not so much, since it´s only interviews. I exopected more something of the guys at work, soundcheck etc.. I saw one of Steves sound checks once and it was very intersting.

But the live show is so great!!!!!!!
Yeah - if you play the DVD backwards you can see Steve and the band playing Stairway to Heaven.

Mikey
vai.com
Patill

Mikey wrote: Yeah - if you play the DVD backwards you can see Steve and the band playing Stairway to Heaven.

Mikey
vai.com
C´mon, Steve uses to have some hidden things on his stuff. It´s just a question...
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

He does. One hidden thing was never discovered by anybody, so it came and went. Not on the new DVD though.

Mikey
vai.com
SPACEBROTHER

The DVD/CD brings me back to the Chicago performance from that tour and I hope this line-up tours again. The violins add a nice texture and Bryan Bellar is a perfect fit with Steve Vai. Phenominal all around.

Mikey, was the House Of Blues Chicago show from that tour recorded? I'd love to hear the version of Generation Landslide that Steve performed on acoustic at that show.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Nah - wasn't recorded unfortunately.

Mikey
vai.com
PortlandAxe

It is a shame there were no candid behind-the-scenes recordings done. I do like the interviews, but seeing what goes on in the background is somewhat like having a free backstage pass. :)

It's one of the things that is *really* awesome about a lot of Joe Satriani's DVDs.

Steve, if you're listening, we want more of it! :)
rub_800

I'm still hoping that the extended version of Ann Marie's happy dance is hidden somewhere... :lol:
Big Bad Bill

:( :( :(

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Steve Vai "Where The Wild Things Are [Blu-ray] [2009]"
Estimated arrival date: December 01 2009 - December 04 2009
Brakkum

Mikey wrote:He does. One hidden thing was never discovered by anybody, so it came and went. Not on the new DVD though.

Mikey
vai.com
hmmmm.....