the "WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE"-dvd thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Samuele

Eh. When I saw that chunk of the trailer, I realised one more time how YouTube sometimes degrades the quality of original videos. Oh well, I guess it's all good as long as it makes more people become aware of this release and grab a copy of the DVD. :)
Last edited by Samuele on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
teokiatuan

damn
vai's hair looks better than ever in this

also Die To Live with True Temperament sounds really good...
Mjerta
Newcomer

Hey, i saw the trailer(very cool) Im wondering is the real dvd out for sale? :shock:
prman

OMG! :shock: "Murder" looks and sounds even more absurd this time!!!
Brakkum

Mjerta wrote:Hey, i saw the trailer(very cool) Im wondering is the real dvd out for sale? :shock:
please read the other threads on the dvd, it comes out in september.
cnc74

Just by watching the clip, I can honestly say that this DVD will be well worth the wait. Looks and sounds amazing.
Mikey, is it cool to put the link up on our facebook pages? Wanted to ask first. Thanks!
DEVIL82

i saw a video on youtube of what i presume will be Where The Wild Things Are....
i cant wait :D looks fantastic.
litlgrnman

Can't wait to see it in a proper setting! The camera work and editing appears to be every bit as good as the playing!

:headbang
fyrie

There was a 15 minute trailer up at one point. What happened to it?
Brakkum

fyrie wrote:There was a 15 minute trailer up at one point. What happened to it?
:?:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Originally the videos and the FN site were meant for press only, but the direct links leaked. This is why there's nothing on Vai.com yet. I was on a little mini-vacation.

A proper trailer will be released soon.

Mikey
vai.com
SRVoodoo

This DVD is going to be THE BEST video that Steve has ever done.
Kudo's to all involved!
SammyH
Newcomer

Brakkum wrote:
fyrie wrote:There was a 15 minute trailer up at one point. What happened to it?
:?:
we were shown the 15 minute one at the london alien guitar sercets show. looked pretty impressive. :guitar
b2

The interview was interesting. I wonder where all the questions came from. I got a feeling
they where collected before the interview? And who asked the questions?

Mikey, good to know you also has holiday :D
I wonder if you got a regular work schedule, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., monday – friday or something.
Is it possible in music business to have a regular work schedule? Not the artist I think about here.
Does Mr. Vai has regular meetings with his staff?
I am not in the music business, but I started to think about this a few days ago.

About the dvd, I will get the regular DVD version. Not the HD because I don't own a HD tv or player.
And I usually prefer listening to music dvd's with good old stereo sound. So I hope the stereo audio mix
is excellent also. I got a 5:1 sorround speaker system, but it is VERY rare I use it. Stereo is excellent :)
Polymnie

In 2007, I had been frustrated to be not able to appreciate the show true worth, so much the sound was bad.
With this short extract, I hear the work fulfilled. At last! I am going to be able to listen to and savor this moment. More than 2 months and it will be happiness! :)