the "WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE"-dvd thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
cbr1000f

This is a thread for ALL discussions about the upcoming dvd "WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE".
There's already a thread about the assumed release date of this dvd:
release date thread
and "prman" just started a thread about the setlist. I suggest we collect all our thoughts, facts, etc about the new dvd in this thread (otherwise there will be hundreds of them all over the messageboard).

A lot of news about the upcoming dvd can be found on this page of the FAVORED NATIONS site:
http://favorednations.com/wtwta-preview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

* a TRAILER (there are still some problems to actually watch it)
* the official press release (pdf, interesting stuff includ. the setlist)
* hi-res cover art
* press photo gallery
* INTERVIEW QUESTIONS & ANSWERS (VEEEEEERY INTERESTING STUFF!!!! Everyone should read this!!!!)
STEVE VAI "WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE" 2-DVD SET IN STORES SEPTEMBER 29, 2009
Last edited by cbr1000f on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoveBlood

I can't get to the goodies of the preview page right now, but from the few songs I saw in London, it's gonna be awesome. At the alien guitar secrets masterclass he also showed us a little snippet of "the murder" and it's one of the most amazing things i've ever seen, that alone is gonna be worth the price of the dvd.
pauldlr

Yay the video is working! :D :D :D :D
Wow! :shock: Brings back such good memories, sitting here with goose bumps, now late for work! but worth it. Might as well watch it again! :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Is there anyway we can share this on facebook, try and give it a bit more coverage in the world??
Samuele

I managed to watch the entire 3 minute trailer and half of the 7 minute one. It took like forever to load but was the wait worth it! Usually, I am already sold on anything that says 'Vai' on it even before its release date announcement, but after watching the trailer... I have to say this is very likely to be the best live concert document ever, and definitely going to blow everybody away!

The press realease, cover artwork, press photo gallery and interview are all excellent, I really enjoyed the China Doll roses story! That's probably the most interesting interview with Steve that I read in a while.

Oh, and there's also a very cool "Light Without Heat Animated Logo", a little video you are going to enjoy, too!
http://favorednations.com/wtwta-preview/logo.html
cbr1000f

Cool, I was finally able to watch the 7 min trailer this time. And it went very smooth!
First things that come to mind:

* WANNA HAVE IT!
* WANNA SEE STEVE ON TOUR AGAIN!

:D

No really, this will be worth the waiting! What a show, what a band! That was a really promising trailer! Great audio & video quality. Fantastic camera standpoints! And I like the arty, magical stuff at the end of the trailer! :wink:

Congrats to the makers!!!
DomitianX

Cant wait.. its going to be a killer DVD.
GYiakoumi

just watched the trailer....

i actually can't wait, simple as.
Ugur Dariveren

I can't watch it properly now. Video plays weird and it has weird shapes too. Pixel things showing up. :roll:
R1FSR

Looks simply awesome...
Ive added the video to my facebook profile...If i shouldnt have done so,
Mikey can you let me know as ill remove it straight away.

:headbang :guitar
pauldlr

R1FSR wrote:Looks simply awesome...

How did you do that, I tried but couldn't, want to get as many people to see this as I can to up the sales! :D
anuj

Holy crappe, that looks and sounds stunning. This is going to be a difficult wait. Actually, anticipating this as well as MK's Scambot: One, it's going to be a painful wait. :)

~A
chingue
Newcomer

can't wait to get this stuff
:guitar
cosmic ape

It looks great... Can't wait...
Ugur Dariveren

R1FSR wrote:Looks simply awesome...

Thank you very much for uploading it to fb Paul. I finally able to watch it. Thanks!