Steve Vai jamming to a Dave Weiner track

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
pdruh

My Gosh! I'm surprised with this guy! :o :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWLzI7OL ... re=channel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not because of his ability, but for.... ahh you'll see! :?
ClarkyNZ

Haha, had me fooled until I saw your fingers are only the length of a humans. :lol:
calos

He looks more like Steve than that picture that does the rounds every few years; though the video has been stretched in hieght a little probabley to help him look more like steve.

peace
cal
Big Bad Bill

There was a guy in Glasgow who I used to bump into in guitar shops who looked like Vai. In fact he was known as Robert Vai. Nice bloke, great player!
Prezidentman

Dear God, that's clearly an unhealthy obsession, scary...
Last edited by Prezidentman on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MykzYVc ... annel_page

Anyone ever say again the sound comes out of the fingers and no tthe amp and the guitar... :mrgreen:

Funny guy^^
TRIDS

I am going to assume that this is joke if it's not then get your own life dude
Brakkum

TRIDS wrote:I am going to assume that this is joke if it's not then get your own life dude
chill pill dude, why so serious?
pdruh

TRIDS wrote:I am going to assume that this is joke if it's not then get your own life dude
hey, its not me, i just saw him on Youtube, just sayin'
:D
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

The guy can play real well. I was impressed.

He looks a bit like Steve. What's the big deal?

Good for him.

Relax people. The internet would really be a nicer place if people were encouraging rather than sitting in darkened bedrooms pulling other people down.

Mikey
vai.com
Patill

Mikey wrote: He looks a bit like Steve. What's the big deal?
well, maybe a big bit :mrgreen:. I think it´s cool and funny, you don´t have that very often. I wonder wat Steve says to this^^.

This guy could actually make something up with this. I mean there´s lots of cover bands with even the look. I remember a queen band where I thought it was Freddy on tape in the intro, but it was already the guy singing :shock:. If you do it the right way, it can become your job ;).
Prezidentman

Patill wrote:
Mikey wrote: He looks a bit like Steve. What's the big deal?
well, maybe a big bit :mrgreen:. I think it´s cool and funny, you don´t have that very often. I wonder wat Steve says to this^^.

This guy could actually make something up with this. I mean there´s lots of cover bands with even the look. I remember a queen band where I thought it was Freddy on tape in the intro, but it was already the guy singing :shock:. If you do it the right way, it can become your job ;).
Yes, Queen was/is a huge rock band that everyone knows, but how many people would be interested in a Steve Vai cover band, no matter how convincing it'd be? :)

Ok, I realise it's stupid to even bother discussing this but whatever...to me, this wouldn't even be worth posting comments if the guy only looked "a bit" like Steve, but come on, when the guy does Steve's facial expressions, dresses like him, wears his hair like him, has the same earrings, his gear and tries to copy his playing style, it either comes off as really a class A imitation or just plain embarrassing and pointless effort to get someone to notice him. Nothing at all against the guy or his playing, because he CAN play, but that's hardly the point here. It's just a bit silly when all you hear Steve talk about everywhere how important it is for guitar players to develop their "OWN" unique personality and voice on their instruments and someone posts this on his site. It's like, why bother, right? :) If it was meant as just having some fun, joke and/or just trying to "fool us" then okay, congrats on the effort, nice job, I get it, if not, for real, get a grip. That's all I want to say about that :).
Peace
Samuele

Well, Steve himself added the "Windows to the Soul" cover to his favorites on his YouTube channel, so I think he enjoyed that one after all. Plus, if you look at this guy's friends list on his own channel you will find Steve as well.

Anyway, it's kind of nice that among all those guys who look (or try to look) a bit like Steve, not to mention sound like him, there's one who actually sounds great and is a little more personal in his choice of notes.
Patill

Samuele wrote:Well, Steve himself added the "Windows to the Soul" cover to his favorites on his YouTube channel, so I think he enjoyed that one after all.

I think there´s just not enough room for the rest. I think Steve is pretty much enjoying what he´s seeing :mrgreen:
Stephen Brown

That dude looks like Steve when he was younger. :o Double take type thing.lol

Cool if you need a stand in. :lol: