The shows in Holland with the Metropole Orchestra

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
John

Did you guys read the newsletter?
That's incredible news! I already heard Mike Keneally mention this on None Radio, now its's official! And I am so there!
Just called both venues, tickets go on sale on saturday for the Amsterdam shows, I couldn't reach anyone at the Groningen venue yet, but I'll try again later. They gave me numbers where we can buy tickets, if you guys need them, let me know.
Btw this is the same orchestra Mike Keneally recorded "The Universe Will Povide" with earlier this year.
God this is so awesome! :D
LordHar

Yo,

You can tickets for the show in groningen here:

http://www.de-oosterpoort.nl/fs_detail.asp?id=8237

I have had the tickets for that show for some time now, but promised Mikey not to post the news, until they made the anouncement.

Some weeks ago, the same orchestra did 2 concerts with Terry Bozzio, I visited the second show in Amsterdam, and it was awesome.

Here are some pictures of that show: (not taken by me)
http://www.systemcage.nl/bozzio.html

If I can help anyone with some (local) info, let me know.

Cheers,
Harry.
Mr. Canadian

This is great news...Unfortunately, I don't live in Holland and don't have the wealth to just fly over there and watch the show so I'm hoping they do arrange to record it and release it, like Keneally is doing, I'm sure something will be arranged, it sounds like an outstanding musical project that I would LOVE to hear. Actually, I have been dreaming for the day that Vai would release something like this.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

whoooooooyeahbaby.
Going to both shows. I see Radio 4 is involved (Co de Kloet), so it will probably be recorded.....

Mikey: Could you fill me in on say:
- Aftershow passes & Soundcheck/rehersal attendence?
Last time Steve was here (Tribute to hendrix), I missed out on all the good stuff....bus was parked inside the building also, no luck there either..:(
Corrado

This time should be better than "Fire Strings"... I listened to it and it is very very strange... it's not Vai-style stuff... and I'm sure that most Vai fans wouldn't like "Fire Strings"!! But since this is music composed by Steve I'm sure it'll be great!!
I'm from Italy and I'll do my best to go there...
LordHar I'll ask you some infos at the right time.

Corrado.
markmcg

I'm definitely aiming to go to one of the Amsterdam shows with my g/f. Make a weekend of it in Amsterdam , see the sights etc. :).

Cheers
Mark.
badasstommyboy

i soooooo wanna go but i'd cost me about £150 plus my university exams are around then so i might have exams. awwwwwwwwwwwwww will there be any kind of shows in the future like this, a tour with an orchestra would be amazing, hell even steve in the UK. damn

I NEED MORE VAI!!!!!
John

Just ordered my tickets for the Amsterdam shows. :D
No luck with the Groningen venue yet, no one picks up the phone. They have an answering service but I don't speak dutch. I'm a little reluctant to order online, as they don't have an english website.
disaxster

John wrote:I'm a little reluctant to order online, as they don't have an english website.
I think they have it here:
https://tickets.lvp.nl/en/index.htm
just ordered my ticket for the sunday show, I'll let you know if it worked. 8)
markmcg

Tickets ordered for the Sunday Show :D

Cheers
Mark.
disaxster

first they accepted my credit card and then they rejected it.
what the f°ç= ... ... ..... ????
:shock:
Samir
Newcomer

Hmm, are those tickets still available next month (especially those for the show in Amsterdam on Sunday)?

I'm going bananas if i can't even attend one of the two shows... >.>
*out of cash* :(
Tom

I can start planning my next vacation now! Just ordered tix for the Sunday May 23rd in Amsterdam. Last time I was this impulsive I had tix for one of the Astoria shows but because of the blah blah blah, the vacation fell apart. This time should be fun. Never been to Europe!
micdreyer

hi there..can somebody tell me if the koncert in groning is a stand up or a sit down concert..if we have to sit, i would like to buy tickets were i can see something :D
Samir
Newcomer

micdreyer wrote:hi there..can somebody tell me if the koncert in groning is a stand up or a sit down concert..if we have to sit, i would like to buy tickets were i can see something :D
I think it's a stand-up concert, micdryer. I can't read anything anywhere about chairs. :P But then again...an orchestra plays for an audience that is sitting down, most of the time :?

Anyways, i'll ask a friend of mine who lives there.