New Steve Vai DVD Release Date?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
GuitarStrings

pauldlr wrote:They're changing the name of the dvd to "Where are the Wild Things" :D :D :lol: :wink:
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Ekim

lydian2000 wrote: +1000, I'm starting to question the point of having a DVD release a few years after it's been filmed, where you have music of an album that was itself released years before that.

Mikey suggested a "sneak peek" in the not too distant future, well if we're going to have to wait till october, the summer is going to be really long, it was one of those things I was looking forward to, now I'm just fed up of the mutliple delays, and I know this is not directly Steve's fault here, but I think all this could have been thought in advance to anticipate the whole "industry" part of it, blu-ray and what not.

:?
Well if delays happen, they happen. But I have to disagree on the "what's the point" thing.

I would love a 1997 Fire Garden tour DVD at this point. Or a Sex & Religion tour DVD too.

I don't care how old it is. As long as it's new material (forget the Remasters, just PLEASE keep all the old stuff in print!).
Patill

hmm, why isn´t Mikey saying anything to this?
Samuele

Honestly, I guess the delay has something to do with proper marketing and all that goes with releasing a record or DVD. I don't understand all the steps that make up the process of a release, but I'll bet it's far more complicated than most people think.

I'd like to be holding a copy of the DVD in my hands now, but it's not a problem for me if I'll have to wait some more time for that. I'm cool with that. I think Steve knows we all want it, and I trust him to make it available as soon as possible. :)
EddieVanHalenRocks

So what's the actual official date it's gonna be released then am dyin here? there's too much being said, need a bit of official word to clear it all up here Mikey .

can't wait for a preview
Patill

EddieVanHalenRocks wrote:So what's the actual official date it's gonna be released then am dyin here? there's too much being said, need a bit of official word to clear it all up here Mikey .
maybe they´re waiting to say until we found out ourselves and calmed down a little?

Psychological strategy^^. Mikey has been around here since that, I saw him posting, but not here :(
Brakkum

Samuele wrote:Honestly, I guess the delay has something to do with proper marketing and all that goes with releasing a record or DVD. I don't understand all the steps that make up the process of a release, but I'll bet it's far more complicated than most people think.

I'd like to be holding a copy of the DVD in my hands now, but it's not a problem for me if I'll have to wait some more time for that. I'm cool with that. I think Steve knows we all want it, and I trust him to make it available as soon as possible. :)
Exactly. There are a LOT of things that go into the making, promotion, and sales of a professional DVD (not to mention a Blu Ray as well!) All in all we need to be patient about this process, and let the pros handle it.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

It's going to be out on Sept 29.

Blu-ray will be a couple of weeks after that.

Thanks for your patience. The wait will be worth it, I promise. :)

Mikey
vai.com
R1FSR

WOOHOO
:guitar :headbang :guitar
Brakkum

Thanks for the update Mikey! best of luck with everything, hope's it's coming along well!
Patill

Mikey wrote:It's going to be out on Sept 29.

Blu-ray will be a couple of weeks after that.

Thanks for your patience. The wait will be worth it, I promise. :)

Mikey
vai.com

well, that´s a word :). Well, actually, if you realy think about it, waiting is the best part of getting a present.
bob mac

bob mac wrote:
Mikey wrote:A bit of bad news - the DVD release has been pushed back to August 18th. Unfortunately a number of logistical issues have caused this... but we'll have more news about it soon.

Sorry folks, we're just as bummed about it as you are. But it's worth the wait. We'll have a sneak peek coming up too.

Mikey :)
vai.com
"logistical issues" Yup, the additions of the Master Class'. First April/May, then pushed back 'till July, now August............. :evil: Sounds like the same management where I work! :lol: (Now I,ll beleive it when I,m really watching it)
Well, here I am quoting myself! April/May release=July 21=Aug 18=NOW Sep 29
:lol: :lol: Just like my management................ :mrgreen:
Prezidentman

bob mac wrote:
bob mac wrote:
Mikey wrote:A bit of bad news - the DVD release has been pushed back to August 18th. Unfortunately a number of logistical issues have caused this... but we'll have more news about it soon.

Sorry folks, we're just as bummed about it as you are. But it's worth the wait. We'll have a sneak peek coming up too.

Mikey :)
vai.com
"logistical issues" Yup, the additions of the Master Class'. First April/May, then pushed back 'till July, now August............. :evil: Sounds like the same management where I work! :lol: (Now I,ll beleive it when I,m really watching it)
Well, here I am quoting myself! April/May release=July 21=Aug 18=NOW Sep 29
:lol: :lol: Just like my management................ :mrgreen:
Nice, so you knew it was coming :) It sucks when what you mean as joke actually
happens in the end.
I'll just sort of wait and see now, if it's out in Sept., then great, but I'll start getting excited when it actually arrives, which is what I should've done in the first place, not being excited everytime there was release date mentioned.
Hope it's worth it.
DEVIL82

I realy cant wait for this to come out...Sept cant come quick enough :D
fyrie

It looks like the favored nations site can't quite handle the traffic for the trailer. I've been trying to stream the 15 minute version for a couples hours and I've got about 30 seconds of it so far.