New Steve Vai DVD Release Date?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Vive le Rush

I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to it!!! :D :D It's so much fun to watch Steve play!!!! :D :guitar :guitar
ears1991

Mikey wrote:
ocuj wrote:I know I asked this before, but what about a blu-ray? Will this be released on blu? That would be really nice.
Yes - that's the plan.

Mikey
Amazing news! cannot wait!
Mikey wrote:A bit of bad news - the DVD release has been pushed back to August 18th.
Will the blu ray release day be different do you know? If so will it be before or after the dvd?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Mikey wrote:A bit of bad news - the DVD release has been pushed back to August 18th.
Will the blu ray release day be different do you know? If so will it be before or after the dvd?[/quote]

It will be released at the same time. This is one of the reasons for the delay.

I'll have other details about the releases available shortly.

Mikey
vai.com
ears1991

Many thanks for the update Mikey, much appreciated, cannot wait to watch this as i missed the last quarter of the london show :( (damn trains)

The fact ill be able to watch it in HD kinda makes up for that a bit i guess :p

Will it be full 1080p?

(Sorry for all the questions :P)

:peace
Patill

anyone knows if an early 2009 Mac Pro can show HD Blue Ray?

I´m really not familiar with that stuff, I´ll have to read something about it...
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Patill wrote:anyone knows if an early 2009 Mac Pro can show HD Blue Ray?

I´m really not familiar with that stuff, I´ll have to read something about it...
The Mac Pros don't have a blu-ray drive as standard, but you can have one installed as an optional upgrade.

The Playstation 3 is a blu-ray player, however.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

ears1991 wrote:Many thanks for the update Mikey, much appreciated, cannot wait to watch this as i missed the last quarter of the london show :( (damn trains)

The fact ill be able to watch it in HD kinda makes up for that a bit i guess :p

Will it be full 1080p?

(Sorry for all the questions :P)

The DVD was shot in 720p. The bonus footage was shot in 1080i.

The DVD is being authored right now, and I'm not sure if it's going to be upscaled to 1080p or not.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Bryceybhoy

We all appreciate the updates Mikey.

Thank you very much. Really looking forward to the DVD.
Brakkum

:peace thumbs up to Mikey, thank for the updates man. does Steve like how it turned out?
litlgrnman

Can't wait to see the trailer for this!

Prezidentman

Yeah, with the dvd release almost 2 months away it's really about time there was a trailer for this....otherwise, what's the point...I'm so anxious to see it that it's not even funny.
Brakkum

Prezidentman wrote:Yeah, with the dvd release almost 2 months away it's really about time there was a trailer for this....otherwise, what's the point...I'm so anxious to see it that it's not even funny.
patience, I hate waiting for DVD's as well (especially when I was there) but there is always a reason things get held till the moment they are released, so I know it will be worth it in the end.
scottinomaha

:cry: have 2 seperate releases. I luv the political correct we can wait but man this sux :cry: I want my Vai :guitar
Vive le Rush

I'm getting more and more excited for this new DVD!!! :D :peace :peace I CAN'T WAIT TO WORK OUT, AND ROCK OUT TO WHAT I'M SURE WILL BE A FABULOUS DVD!!!! :headbang :headbang :guitar
U:SaGa
Newcomer

It will be released at the same time. This is one of the reasons for the delay.

I'll have other details about the releases available shortly.

Mikey
vai.com
Hi Mikey !

Thank you very much for the news ! Could you tell me if the Blu-Ray will be Region-Free ?