Twitter

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
cnc74

Mikey,
I care! :wink:
I can't wait for this DVD.
Christin
Big Bad Bill

Mikey wrote:Speak for yourself. :lol:
I actually had you in mind when I wrote that, Mikey :wink:
Mikey wrote:Bill, you are this message board's very own Victor Meldrew. ;)
Oh gods, I know! I just can't help myself sometimes. I try to convince myself I'm just playing devil's advocate, but in actual fact I'm rapidly becoming a miserable c**t! Its all this living in Yorkshire, you know.
Mikey wrote:But seriously, if Steve had a Twitter account and used it while recording his new album, would you find that banal? I think that could be great.
That would be cool, but a longer blog would be better, but then I suppose Steve wouldn't have the time mid-album.
Mikey wrote:With that said, I have very little interest in Twitter. I'm too busy to tell the world what I'm doing this second (having a delicious latte which I just hand crafted on my own espresso machine) or what I'll be doing in an hour (previewing the final DVD audio mix and video with Steve before sending it to authoring) or what I'll be doing tomorrow (finishing up all the artwork for print).... and I don't really expect that anyone cares.
<salivating>Oooo, you're such a bloody tease! Stop it and get on with your work!
Breeder

Mikey wrote:having a delicious latte which I just hand crafted on my own espresso machine.... and I don't really expect that anyone cares.
fuck the dvd...come on tell us which brand of coffee you use?
maybe a temperature of the water too? you never know about those things

and bill!!!! I may be sweaty guitar nerd but I am also fat and stupid :evil:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OMG OMG OMG DVD IS GETTING CLOSER TO OUR DVD PLAYERS !!!! :guitar :guitar :guitar :headbang SOMEBODY SLAP ME!!! HARD!!!
Big Bad Bill

Breeder wrote:and bill!!!! I may be sweaty guitar nerd but I am also fat and stupid :evil:
Me too! Dammit.
Cleggy

I've been on twitter about a month and ive come to the conclusion that the sole useful purpose of it is to promote your site/blog to other people trying to promote their blog/site. Its the norm to shorten your url to something like bit.ly so nobody knows how crap your site is until they visit.

I think it would have been useful 5-10 years ago when fones couldnt take much b/w but today its just pretty pointless.

*Goes and tweets 'visit my site'*
Stephen Brown

Cleggy wrote:I've been on twitter about a month and ive come to the conclusion that the sole useful purpose of it is to promote your site/blog to other people trying to promote their blog/site. Its the norm to shorten your url to something like bit.ly so nobody knows how crap your site is until they visit.

I think it would have been useful 5-10 years ago when fones couldnt take much b/w but today its just pretty pointless.

*Goes and tweets 'visit my site'*
I think it's alright.

http://twitter.com/Fretpick
al

i have a twitter but i jsut registered so id have my name own name... gota love my own urls

but i hate it never use it really, we're in good enough communication, we dont need to know more useless information
Fanch

Alas, 'curiousity killed the cat'. I registered today as planetharmonia. :lol:

Dying to hear/see the new DVD!!! :D
Petie

I love Twitter. I use it to communicate with my blog readers (for instance, if I'm about to interview an artist I'll ask my readers if they have any questions they'd like me to ask), to network, and just for fun. On Twitter I've talked music videos with Trent Reznor, movie titles with John Mayer, parenting with Vernon Reid and Ghostbusters with Greg Howe - not to mention all the great, enlightening conversations with other bloggers, readers, working musicians, etc etc etc. I find that it's not as 'me me me' as Facebook and Myspace because there's no huge space to brag about yourself and become self-absorbed: it's just 140 words to say what's on your mind or, much more importantly, have a conversation.
scottinomaha

I have been resistant to the whole twitter thing and funny enough the management company that is negotiating with us said that they would maintain a twitter site for us and update it daily. I wonder how many are maintained by ghost writters who just write whatever they are doing in place of the artist or think would be cool to post.
gmercer9

I think Twitter is great! Very low maintenance and if people don't like it, they don't have to follow. Freaking John Mayer has something like 600K followers. What a great way to communicate directly with your fanbase.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

gmercer9 wrote:John Mayer has something like 600K followers. What a great way to communicate directly with your fanbase.
Wow - there really is no accounting for taste....
Big Bad Bill

Mikey wrote:Wow - there really is no accounting for taste....
You're sounding more and more like me, Mikey!
Stephen Brown

Hey somone follow my twitter. Ya could have a laugh... :lol:

or not.... :shock: :lol: :lol:
gmercer9

John Mayer may not be everyone's cup of tea but there is no denying the man can play when he chooses to.

If nothing else, though, you should follow him to learn how not to tweet if Steve decides to open a twitter account. His user name is johncmayer-- you have to watch out as there are a ton of idiots impersonating celebrities.